Twilight (The Twilight Saga, #1) Twilight question

Who else could've played Rosalie?
Victoria Victoria Sep 13, 2012 12:42PM
Probably Taylor Swift. I know it sounds wierd, but she has kind of an edge to her, and she's blond.

I think Amanda Seyfried would be great.

I thought Nikki Reed was actually perfect as Rosalie.

Jeni (last edited Sep 17, 2012 11:31AM ) Sep 17, 2012 11:31AM   1 vote
The only actress that (in my opinion) fits the "incredibly beautiful" criteria would be Zoe Saldana, who is automatically eliminated from the running because she's not blonde. :)

Scarlett Johansson

Angie Elle (last edited Sep 22, 2012 05:31AM ) Sep 22, 2012 05:31AM   0 votes
I don't think Taylor Swift is beautiful enough to play Rosalie. I think she is more cute than anything, and I'm not sure she could pull off 'haughty.'

when you described a character "incredibly beautiful", I don't think there will be an actress that everyone will agree on for that character. In all fairness to Nikki Reed who was really good in being stone cold and beautiful, albeit not "Rosalie Hale" beautiful to the more Twilight die hards, she did a good job. Anyways, she auditioned, and that upped her chance way higher than being just a beautiful actress.

If I was the casting director I would have persued Jessica Simpson and Scarlet Johanson for the role of Rosalie. If the A listers took a pass I would have auditioned Sara Paxton and Anna Lynne McCord.

deleted member (last edited Oct 02, 2012 07:18PM ) Oct 02, 2012 07:18PM   0 votes
BRITNEY SPEARS.

i think everyone did it very well.

aly michalka!

No..no one else could play Rosalie Lillian Hale. NO ONE!

I think they did a wonderful job casting Rosalie.

Not being a huge twilight fan; Rosalie was by far my favourite character and I feel that Nikki Reed did a wonderful job!

I don't see that anybody else could've played Rosalie any better than Nikki Reed did. She did a GREAT JOB!!!!!!

Blake Lively is how I always imagined her.

Why would the actress need to be naturally blonde? Several of the other cast members dyed their hair for their parts...Peter Facinelli's natural colour couldn't be further from blonde!

Oh I never though about who else could have played Rosalie, but I like someone else's suggestion here of Scarlett Johansen - I could def see her fitting the part!

I know I'm super late on this topic but I think Ashley Benson would've made a good Rosalie Hale. Some of her photographs from her Triox photoshoot remind me of Rosalie.

http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/pretty-li...

Sara Paxton, Amanda Seyfried, maybe Jennifer Lawrence.

yeah i think she could have too!

It's hard to imagine some else playing her part, I think Nikki Reed did a great job

my vote goes to natalie portman, mila kunis or amanda seyfried :)

I actually really like Nikki Reid, but she was not Rosalie for me. I don't know what it is, maybe some core essence that makes her better than the character ... I don't know who I would have picked instead, but not Nikki.

Likewise, have you noticed how hot Kellan Lutz actually is when he's not vampired up? And zomg, Jackson Rathbone's actual eyes are incredible and I could sleep very comfortably in them but no, they fucked his look up too.

I actually really like the beta actors in twilight, as you can probably tell. It's a double edged sword because apart from Nikki I wouldn't know of them without twilight but I don't think any of them were right for twilight. Except maybe Peter Facinelli.

I always thought of Rosalie as Olivia Wilde: http://www.thewallpapers.org/photo/37...

Olivia she cool. but i think nikki reed did a good job, in her character as well.
Aug 20, 2013 07:00PM · flag

deleted member Sep 13, 2012 02:44PM   -1 votes
Don't really know, but they didn't do good with her. The only charater they cast who was perfect was alice

No offense to Nikki Reed, who is pretty, but Rosalie is supposed to be incredibly beautiful, even standing out among other vampires. I don't think the casting people did a good job on that one. I haven't been able to think of anyone else though.

Olivia agree on there. i think Nikki did a good job in playing her character, very well, on there.
Aug 19, 2013 10:57PM · flag

You know... Not to be rude or anything, but Goodreads is for the sharing of opinions on book and pieces of literature. I don't think it has anything to do with movies, and characters.

With that said.. I think the greatest character that could ever play Rosalie, is the character that you imagined in your head when you first read the book. Imagine that description that was given by Stephenie Meyer when describing Rosalie, and I think that's your answer (: