Urban Fantasy series' discussion

General > Dark and Gritty Fantasy with Romance?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kenya (new)

Kenya Wright I just dropped my sequel so now I get to take a break and READ!! Yes! Yes!

I'm so excited!

Does anybody have a really good Dark and Gritty Fantasy series with lots of romance in it.

I love Ilona Andrews, Jeanine Frost, Kim Harrison, Stacia Kane, LA Banks, Laini Taylor.

message 2: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Fables | 7 comments Succubus Blues by Richelle Mead

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23...

message 3: by Suellen (new)

Suellen Alcantara (suellensusan) J.A. Saare Rhiannon's law series. You will be so glad you read this series!

message 4: by Suellen (new)

Suellen Alcantara (suellensusan) By the way Rhiannon's law is the grittiest Fantasy series with romance. Morgan if you liked Succubus blues you will fall in love with this series.

message 5: by Kat (last edited Sep 20, 2012 03:17PM) (new)

Kat Klein | 151 comments Fever series - Karen Marie Moning. One of my all time favorites... Although the romance is a bit understated.

For a more romantic... or at least sexier.. gritty paranormal, the Black Dagger Brotherhood series is good.

message 6: by Schelle (last edited Sep 21, 2012 08:53PM) (new)

Schelle | 9 comments The October Daye series is awesome!

Rosemary and Rue (October Daye, #1) by Seanan McGuire

And check out Lilith St Crow - her Dante Valentine series and her Jill Kismet series are great!

Working for the Devil (Dante Valentine, #1) by Lilith Saintcrow - Dante Valentine

Night Shift (Jill Kismet, #1) by Lilith Saintcrow - Jill Kismet

message 7: by Kenya (new)

Kenya Wright Schelle wrote: "The October Daye series is awesome!

Rosemary and Rue (October Daye, #1) by Seanan McGuire

And check out Lilith St Crow - her Dante Valentine series and her Jill Kismet series are great!

I actually have never read any of those series! You liked them?

[bookcover:Working for ..."

I actually

message 8: by JP (new)

JP Reads (jpfantasyreads) | 809 comments Mod
Sue wrote: "By the way Rhiannon's law is the grittiest Fantasy series with romance. Morgan if you liked Succubus blues you will fall in love with this series."

Dead, Undead, or Somewhere in Between (Rhiannon's Law #1) by J.A. Saare

I just added this to my TBR pile.. it looks pretty good

message 9: by Juli (last edited Sep 23, 2012 06:03PM) (new)

Juli (juli_d_revezzo) I read China Miéville's King Rat King Rat a while back, and I'd say that one might fit the bill. Kristen Painter's Blood Rights has some gritty cityscapes too--aside from the opulence in which her Comarré seem to live. So, if you haven't read them, I'd suggest those.

message 10: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Fables | 7 comments Sue wrote: "By the way Rhiannon's law is the grittiest Fantasy series with romance. Morgan if you liked Succubus blues you will fall in love with this series."

I've added this to my TBR too. Thanks for the recommended :)

message 11: by Suellen (new)

Suellen Alcantara (suellensusan) Thank you Jacki and Morgan :-). I know you will both love it! I'm really excited to read your reviews. The first book is great. The second book is an explosion of gritty fantasy romance.

message 12: by John (new)

John Woodward (jrwoodward) | 16 comments There's plenty of sex and violence in our book:

TERRA LUNA

It's a bit of a spoiler, but we've got a really evil Faerie King. And outdoor sex.