Love Inspired Historicals discussion

What are Jillian Hart and Janet Tronstad TALKING about today?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 79 (79 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by JanetTronstad (last edited Sep 13, 2012 09:10AM) (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 2759 comments Mod
I am so excited. Jillian and I are meeting in person today for a late lunch and much talk. In fact, we'll talk into the evening, spend the night, and talk more over breakfast. What do you think we're going to be talking about? Post a guess and I'll confirm or deny on Saturday. I'll give a book to someone who guesses a correct topic (I'll draw a name from those who do). So take a chance. Make a guess. Post it here. And you may be a winner!!

Oh, yes, entries can be posted today (Thursday) or tomorrow (Friday) until midnight. The winner will be announced on Saturday.

PS -- We'll be talking about LOTS of things so take a guess. If yours is one topic we've mentioned, you're entered to win a book.

message 2: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (lyncote) | 1644 comments Mod
I think you two will probably talk "shop" and plan a new series of books to do together!

message 3: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4954 comments I agree with Lyn, maybe about the real life meeting next year. About your friends here.

message 4: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 2257 comments goodness Jillian and Janet together look out folks.
I would like to be a fly on the wall for this conversation..first there will be lot of hugs and smiles and talk-talk-talk.
I think you are going to have a Christmas story and you are talking about characters -places and all the goodies that go with writing together...
Have fun girls.

message 5: by JanetTronstad (new)

LOL -- I'm not denying or confirming anything yet! But, Ausjenny, do you want to say more about your trip next year and our plans to meet? I don't know if all our friends on the LIH group know about it yet.

message 6: by Judy (new)

Judy You guys have fun together today.
I'm not going to put my guess in on this one.

Hubby and I are in Maryland at the NIH. I don't usually mention if we are so far from home but I trust you guys.

Anyways, I don't know if anyone is familiar with author Robin Kaye, she writes a series called Domestic gods, I'm meeting with her tomorrow. Really nervous as I'm much braver behind the keyboard than person to person.

message 7: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (SharonTroyCentanne) | 9 comments I think Janet and Jillian are probably talking about Montana! Perhaps a new series that will include both towns or a romance between a character from Dry Creek and a character from the McKaslins. Whatever these two cook up, it will result in good reading! :)

message 8: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 735 comments It must be something about christmas in montana?

message 9: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4954 comments on Janet's Dry Creek group we are talking about a real live meeting next May hopefully when I want to come to America. Its 99% sure I will be coming and the dates are there. It will be in May on a Sunday or Monday. I forget the exact date about around the 19th in Spokane.

message 10: by Judy (new)

Judy Ausjenny wrote: "on Janet's Dry Creek group we are talking about a real live meeting next May hopefully when I want to come to America. Its 99% sure I will be coming and the dates are there. It will be in May on a ..."
Sunday Jenny.

message 11: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 2257 comments Judy , dont be nervous and enjoy that visit that you are looking forward too, saying little prayer for you to be cool calm and collected...

message 12: by Judy (new)

Judy Paula-O wrote: "Judy , dont be nervous and enjoy that visit that you are looking forward too, saying little prayer for you to be cool calm and collected..."

Thanks Paula. I was really nervous when I went to see Kim Watters and Pamela Tracy at B&N as well and that worked out.

message 13: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments You two are doing a historical series together! You are doing it during the holiday seasons. You are discussing how awesome we all are on goodreads!

message 14: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 2257 comments that is it Jennifer they are discussing us, what better subject...

message 15: by JanetTronstad (last edited Sep 14, 2012 06:53AM) (new)

This is Janet checking in -- we talked and talked yesterday afternoon/evening and now are getting ready to meet for breakfast. it's been really fun. I'll tell you more later.

message 16: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (JillianHart) Hey, I'm checking in too! I'm at breakfast checking email and reading devotionals over coffee. Janet and I have had great fun! More later. I'll see you in a few minutes, Janet. Guess there will be more talking to come (g)!!

message 17: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 2257 comments Hi Jillian, thinking of you two having such a good time together, enjoy...

message 18: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4954 comments thats right keep us guessing never mind we are hear waiting with baited breath ;) (only kidding hope you had a wonderful time)

message 19: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 518 comments Janet and Jillian, I'm so glad the two of you had a chance to get together, and I hope you are planning even more books together!

message 20: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (JillianHart) Paula-O wrote: "Hi Jillian, thinking of you two having such a good time together, enjoy..."

Hi Paula!! ::Waving:: Thanks. I think Janet and I do more than enjoy. We over-enjoyed .

message 21: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (JillianHart) Ausjenny wrote: "thats right keep us guessing never mind we are hear waiting with baited breath ;) (only kidding hope you had a wonderful time)"

Oh, the surprising things Janet and I talked about...and did. Stay tuned for Janet's version . Hugs, Ausjenny. We did have a wonderful time.

message 22: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (JillianHart) Barbara wrote: "Janet and Jillian, I'm so glad the two of you had a chance to get together, and I hope you are planning even more books together!"

Hi Barb! ::waving:: Thanks. We did have a great time. : )

message 23: by Paula (new)

Paula Hi Janet and Jillian! I'm glad to hear you two had a wonderful time! :)

message 24: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (SharonTroyCentanne) | 9 comments Hi Jillian and Janet! I am happy you too got to get together. I am looking forward to hearing what you tlked about! Have a great weekend!

message 25: by JanetTronstad (new)

Okay -- Everyone who posted guessed something Jillian and I actually did -- from talking about how awesome our Goodgread friends are to the real-life meeting in Spokane next May to planning more books. I randomly picked a winner for the free book and it is Jennifer!!

Congratulations, Jennifer!! Let me know what book you would like (if you can wait, I'd suggest that we send you a copy of our next Mail-Order Holiday Brides which comes out this Christmas -- I'll probably have my author copies in October). But let me know what you wishes are!!

message 26: by JanetTronstad (new)

Now,, the big question about the meeting between Jillian and myself. Yesterday, we had lunch together while I had the oil changed in my parent's car (the light had gone on and it's a couple of hundred miles to their place from Missouls so I didn't want to leave without making sure everything was okay). So Jillian took me to Jiffy Lube and there were three choices near there for lunch -- one was IHOP, the other was an upscale Italian restaurant with no cars out front, and the third was Hooters. Make a guess as to where we had lunch and you'll be entered into a drawing for a free book. Jillian is giving away a book this time so give us your guesses.

message 27: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4954 comments I would say IHOP mainly cos its in capitals. (not sure what sort of food they do). I figure an upscale restaurant with no cars in front says stay away and Hooters I know is a bar with a reputation (got that info on it from undercover boss).
Im glad you got home safely. I am so excited about the visit in May. I will be staying 2 nights mainly cos I will be up from around 4am Washington DC time and arriving around 12.40pm on the sunday so figure I need the Monday to recover.

message 28: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 964 comments I say IHOP too! I so wish I could have been with you guys! I love Montana and I love you guys! May can't come soon enough to meet with you!!!

message 29: by JanetTronstad (new)

Keep the guesses coming --

Ausjenny -- IHOP is mainly a pancake/breakfast place.

message 30: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 964 comments Janet, do your parents live in Missoula? I don't know if I've ever asked you that but that's where I used to live! I love it there...when you mentioned Missoula, I just had to ask!

message 31: by JanetTronstad (last edited Sep 15, 2012 02:24PM) (new)

Valri -- my parents live on a farm near Great Falls. Jillian and I meet at the Wingate Wyndam hotel in Missouls since it's about midway between her place and my parent's place. We really enjoyed the Wyndam hotel and are looking into the one they have near the Spokane airport for our meet-up in May. I liked the fact that they have a nice breakfast (free) and have small conference rooms (which I'm hoping we could use). I have an email into them to see if they have a special rate or something -- the rate right now is $107 a night and that's too high I think (but they are large rooms and would be comfortable for sharing between two people). They are also close to the airport and have a free shuttle to the hotel.

message 32: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 964 comments I know exactly where the Wingate Wyndam is! We used to drive by there quite often. If was fairly new when we left Missoula. How fun to think of you guys being there. Ah, if I only still lived there..... We were all over Montana when we lived there so I was probably near your parents' farm as we were around Great Falls too. I love the state and still miss it.

message 33: by JanetTronstad (new)

Montana is a beautiful state, isn't it, Valri? Driving to and from Missoula there is gorgeous mountain scenery.

message 34: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 964 comments Yes, Janet, it's gorgeous! I still miss it a lot and all the drives we took! I also enjoy Oregon for that reason too....so much more water here too, although Montana has gorgeous rivers!

message 35: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (SharonTroyCentanne) | 9 comments I would say IHOP (International House of Pancakes) would be the place you would meet. The restaurant with no cars was probably either closed or has bad food. And I can't imaagine my Christian author friends at Hooter's - that place would not be their style! So I hope I guessed correctly. Meanwhile I was thrilled to learn the library received a donation this morning of Jingle Bell Brides by Jillian Hart! A friend of mine got it last week and read it right away and donated to the library! In fact, she donated her entire shipment from Reader's Service because she has read the entire six books in one week! So I also have book five of Texas Twins to read this week. Hope you all have a week as fun as mine will be!

message 36: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (lyncote) | 1644 comments Mod
You two sure take long enough to get to the punch line! I'm champing at the bit!

message 37: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 964 comments Hey Lyn, I think Janet just took yesterday off! Good for her! She'll probably just be back on today to give the answer! I guess we need to cut her some slack :) LOL!!!!

message 38: by JanetTronstad (new)

Well, THANK YOU, Valri! Yes, I did take yesterday off -- I went to church with my parents, then we went out to eat, then we went to my sisters for a visit, then I cooked a little something for supper (my Dad can't ever miss a meal, in his mind), then I played Rummikub with my Mom, then I went to bed (tired).

And; Lyn, no one has guessed the correct answsr so I'm just going to tell you. I'm not surprised no one guessed it (i would not have guessed it either).

Anyway, there Jillian and I were, on the driveway of the Jiffy Lube getting hungrier by the minute. We eyed the upscale Italian place and agreed it was clearly not open for lunch. So we looked at our other two choices -- IHOP and Hooters. Then we looked at each other.

Jillian said, "I've never been to a Hooters."

I said, "Me neither."

Then we looked at IHOP for a moment. And maybe it's me who said, "Do they have anything but pancakes?"

Then one of us said (and I think it was Jillian), "I wonder what it's like inside a Hooters?"

I think I said, "we could look inside and see."

We giggle like two naughty kids and off we head to Hooters to satisfy our curiosity (just in case we ever need to know for our writing or something).

So we get to Hooters and open the door. And it's not what we expected at all. Not sure this place on the edge of Missoula is typical of Hooters everywhere, but they had a separate restaurant ares with nice booths and a lovely older couple sitting in the corner (no others in that part of the place).

We could see into the bar area and that was mostly deserted. I could see right away though that it was a man's place because of the bigscreen televisions on every one of the four walls and sports memorabilia filling the walls between the televisions (all of which were playing a sports event).

Anyway, we sat down at a booth and each had a wonderful garden salad and shared a plate of sliders (small hamburgers). The food was great and our waitress was sweet. The waitresses wore tank tops that were not much different than those you see on the street.

I am not at all sure that this place is typical and it was lunch so maybe it gets wilder later in the day, but we had a very nice lunch.

message 39: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (JillianHart) Exactly, Janet. Plus, we broke into a huge fit of giggles at the idea of the two of us going into Hooters. Honestly, funny, right?

And I'm thinking that everyone who guessed should get a copy of one of my books, just for fun.

Janet, glad you had a family day. Can never get enough of those. : )

message 40: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (JillianHart) Sharon, yay for the donated LI books. Most excellent. I will send book six of the Texas Twins for your library. Sound good?

message 41: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (JillianHart) Valri, I love the Missoula area, too. Gorgeous.

message 42: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 2257 comments Hooters, Oh my now who would have ever guessed that.
I knew you girls needed a chaperone....

message 43: by JanetTronstad (new)

Paula -O -- I think you are right about the chaperone! We got a little punchy after so much fun plotting and planning our books.

message 44: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 964 comments I wonder how old that Hooters is because it definitely wasn't there when I lived there! But then, it IS a college town - ha ha!!!! Oh you girls are just hilarious! You're right though, none of us would have guessed it so you were safe in running your contest!!! When my son was in high school there in Missoula, he was in DECA and they won a national contest so went to Florida to participate at a national "meet" and the advisor LET them go to some dinner thing at a Hooters there in Florida!!! You should have seen the outrage the parents had when the kids came home from that trip! It was huge! Of course I was one of them. My son was a Soph.! He said he had never been so uncomfortable in his entire life as he was that night in Hooters. I was so proud of him :)

message 45: by JanetTronstad (new)

Valri -- I'm thinking the one we went to must have been tamed down. And, of course, it was almost empty because it was lunch. But I really didn't see anything I wouldn't see at any other sports bar type of place. Of course, high school boys have no business being in any kind of a bar!!

message 46: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 964 comments Definitely, Janet! My son, said he just kept his eyes right on all the TV screens and watched was on there! They weren't in the "bar portion", just the eating part but still...it was irresponsible of the chaperone to even let them walk in there! It was a school-sponsered event! There were fast food places all over, my son said and they could have gone to any of them! Anyway, glad you and Jillian had fun. Just sowing your wild oats I guess to get "in touch" with your bad boy characters that you write about sometimes! :)

message 47: by CarolynB (new)

CarolynB (carolynlb) | 38 comments I have loved this post from the beginning of the thread! I didn't guess where you went to lunch because I was sure it would have been IHOP! I had to laugh out loud and read the post to my husband when you confessed! What fun!

message 48: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4954 comments I guess alot of these places are quieter at lunch. I thought an IHOP was like a McDonalds till people started talking about pancakes. I have to say I would have come with you as I dont like pancakes.
On undercover boss they showed some of the Hooters and showed them at lunch they had families eating there also.

I fully understand the going in the name of research angle now did you tell your waitress this! Its nice to have fun.

Janet I like playing rumminkub also its a fun game.

message 49: by JanetTronstad (new)

Carolyn, we probably SHOULD have gone to IHOP -- I just couldn't face pancakes (and they may have more on their menu, that's just what I always think of with IHOP).

And, Valri, I completely agree that was no place for a school sponsored activity!!! And I suspect most Hooters in the evening have more risque waitresses (they must -- otherwise I wouldn't see what the buzz was all about).

message 50: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (SharonTroyCentanne) | 9 comments Thanks, Jillian! That sounds wonderful! Texas Twins is such a good series, and I am especially looking forward to book six, because you are such a good writer! Thank you again for your generousity!!!!!!

« previous 1