Horror Aficionados discussion

Virginia Creeper
This topic is about Virginia Creeper
Novels > Nice post about writing horror

Comments (showing 1-5 of 5) (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Robb (new)

Robb Bridson | 173 comments I think he's basically right. The theory on why people eat hot peppers is similar. They cause pain but no real danger, and for some reason people, unlike other animals, get some kind of a good feeling out of pain when it's nice and quick and does no permanent damage.
I think it has a little to do with brain chemicals.
Fear and pain get you high.

message 3: by Craig (new)

Craig Gabrysch | 4 comments I think there's two types of people: the ones who like to be scared, and the ones who don't.

I heard one of the biggest predictors of whether or not a relationship will be successful is if you and your partner both like horror movies, or not.

message 4: by D. (last edited Sep 21, 2012 08:58AM) (new)

D. Hilliard (DNathanHilliard) | 33 comments
I heard one of the biggest predictors of whether or not a relationship will be successful is if you and your partner both like horror movies, or not.
"

I'm going to have to disagree with that one. I can't even get my wife of nineteen years to read the last book I wrote, much less go to horror movies with me.

message 5: by Craig (new)

Craig Gabrysch | 4 comments D. wrote: "
"

I'm going to have to disagree with that one..."

Meh. I said "one of." I'm sure you guys have plenty of other things going for you, D, or you wouldn't be together still.