Miss McClay's Readers discussion

Books to read

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shannon (new)

Shannon McClay | 3 comments Mod
What is the next book that you plan to read? What or who made you choose this book? What attracted you to the book, and what do you anticipate enjoying about the book?

message 2: by Ryan (new)

Ryan Evanego | 2 comments The next book i choose to read is the shining because i am a big fan of stephen king and because i love to read scary stories. And because i saw the movie before and i want to see what one i like better. so that's why i want the shining to be the next book i read.

message 3: by Shana (new)

Shana Barrett | 2 comments The next book i would like to read is The Shining. People were talking about the movie and it sounds good. Also other people told me the book is good. I like reading horror books to so i cant wait to read it.

message 4: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Bruton | 2 comments The next book i want to read is Lush by Natasha Friend. I chose this book because i saw that someone read it and i wanted it read it before. I was attracted to the book because it seems interesting. I hope the boook is good and a type of book that i want to actually keep reading.

message 5: by Maria (new)

Maria Magann | 2 comments The next book i want to read is the outsiders , by S.E Hinton. My friend kasey did a project on it & it sounded really good. She was telling me about how its in back in the 1900's. I liked the movie grease, so i think ill like the book because there kind of the same.

message 6: by Katie (last edited Sep 13, 2012 06:33AM) (new)

Katie Mcalpin | 2 comments The Twilight books by stephenie meyer. Im reading one of the Twilight book. I love the movies.

message 7: by Nick (new)

Nick Layden | 2 comments The Big Field by Mike Lupica, I wanna read that book because I've read a lot of his books except that book. The book attracted me because it's a sports book and I love to read sports books.

message 8: by Sean (new)

Sean Daly | 2 comments The next book I plan to read is the second book of the hunger games series. The first book was really well written so I'm excited to read it.The action and the the suspense drags me into the series.The drop offs at the end make me want to read the next book.

message 9: by Jodi (new)

Jodi Eisenhuth | 2 comments I think i am going to read hunger games next. People said it was really good and it seems good. I don't really know but it looks good and i didn't see the movie and people said it was better than the movie and after i read the book i'm going to see the hunger games movie and see what i think about it.

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Simone | 2 comments The next book I plan to read is, "The Hobbit" by Tolkien, one of my favorite authors, because I love fantasy and my family is obsessed with Lord Of The Rings. When the movie comes out my brother claims he won't let me come with him unless I read the book so I plan to read it soon. I was drawn into it when I went to a random chapter called, "Riddles in the dark" and I just melted away and became so into the book i just had to read it the first chance I got.

message 11: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Weiss | 2 comments The next book I would like to read would be..." Dust andDecay " by Jonathan Mayberry it is the second book in the " Rot and Ruin " series. I would love to read this book because the first one was suspenseful and fast paced CANT WAIT!!!

message 12: by Tyler (new)

Tyler Reed | 2 comments I am going to read Mocking Jay the third book of the hunger games.My dad told me to start reading them. The plot of the book because I just wanted to see who won

message 13: by Dre'ana (new)

Dre'ana Williams | 1 comments The book that i want to read is called Let me in . I want to read this book because i saw the movie and i want to see what the book would be like. I like scary movies but this one wasnt so scary i would want to know what the book is goin to be like.

message 14: by Nico (new)

Nico Ardiles | 2 comments I am planning to read the sequel to the Hunger Games, Catching Fire. What made me attracted was when I just finished the Hunger Games. It was an AMAZING book! So when I get Catching Fire, There is a great chance of enjoying it! I really hope Catching Fire has some more action and also survival, just like the first book!

message 15: by Caitlyn (new)

Caitlyn Ostan | 2 comments The next book i want to read is deep,dark and dangerous by Mary downing Hahn.A lot of people say it is a very good book that's why i want to read it and because she is my favorite author.

message 16: by Chris (new)

Chris Conway | 2 comments The next book I want to read is called scat by Carl Hiaasen. I want to read that book because i read Hoot and Flush and I really liked both those books. Alson most people i know like the authors books.

message 17: by Devan (new)

Devan Demarco | 2 comments The next book that I plan to read next is "The Hunger Games" series by Suzzane Collins because I hear that it is a very great book with a lot of action and I had seen the movie so I am looking forward to reading the whole series! What made me choose to read this book was when I watched the movie. What really attracted to me to reading this book was when in the movie trees starting catching on fire when Katniss went too far off the border. In conclusion, that is why the next book i want to read is the hunger games.

message 18: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Markley | 2 comments The next book I plan to read is "Point Blank" By Anthony Horowitz.My friend Greg said it was a good book i should read it.The Title page attracted me to the page it looks like a zoom in scope.I hope the book has to do something with the military.

message 19: by Lexie (new)

Lexie Cook  | 3 comments i choose to read next the book is "Twilight" my aunt bought t for me and then i forgot to read it over summer so i am planning on readig it soon . I love twilight

message 20: by Nick (new)

Nick klagholz (littleevildevil) | 2 comments the next book i want to read is the fourth stall.My teacher showed it to my class.It looks like a good book by the cover.I hope i get to read it this year.

message 21: by Kyree (new)

Kyree Capers | 2 comments i wanna read sports illustrated because i love sports books

message 22: by Allison (new)

Allison Eichinger | 2 comments The next book I plan to read is my favorite book Missing Since Monday. It attracted me because I always see it sitting in my room and it reminds me of how I haven't read it in a while.

message 23: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa Cerino | 2 comments The next book i want to read is mocking jay by :suzanne collins . i want to read this book because i read the hunger games and catching fire. the cover is very interesting, also my sister told me that it is even better then the first two books.

message 24: by Brandon (new)

Brandon Strehlau | 2 comments The book i plan to read next is The Fourth Stall By Chris Rylander. Ms McClay told the class about it and it seemed interesting because i like the book the godfather and she said it was just like it.

message 25: by Liam (new)

Liam Kelleher | 1 comments I want to read the next book in one of the Rick Riordan series because I read all of his books in his other young author series and I want to read the next one

message 26: by Colin (new)

Colin Blythe | 2 comments The next book I planned to read is A Man Named Dave the sequel to A Child Called It which i thought was a really good book and i've seen people read it and say it was a really good book.

message 27: by Altani (new)

Altani Papapetridis | 2 comments the next book I want to read is the hunger games by suzzane collins because my friends said it was really good and I saw the movie what made me choose this book is my friends

message 28: by Racheal (new)

Racheal Werner | 2 comments The next book I plan to read is The "Fourth Stall" by Stephen King. I want to read it because Miss McClay said it was a good book and it sounds very good.The thing that attracted me to the book was the stuff i heard people saying about it .I hope the story is fast paced and exciting.

message 29: by Rylee (new)

Rylee Mcgurk | 2 comments The next book i want to read is "the summer i lost it". Its by Natilie Kash. I want to read it because it looks good, and i never read it before. Summer just ended, and its the perfect time to read it. :)

message 30: by Connor (new)

Connor Drass | 1 comments I'm thinking about reading the "Fourth Stall" by Chris Rylander because you told me it was a good book. And the other people in the class who read it said so to.

message 31: by Kathie (new)

Kathie Tann | 2 comments The book I would like to read next is Night Star, by Alyson Noel. I read the whole series before Night Star but I am currently reading the book before Night Star named Dark Flame. The book was recommended by my friend Bridget.

message 32: by Erin (new)

Erin Lynch | 2 comments The next book i want to read is Maximum Ride:Schools out forever by James Patterson. I want to read this book becasue my aunt told me to read the first book in the series and I read that for my summer reading and I fell in love with it so to continue in this series I want to read the second book.

message 33: by Kianna (new)

Kianna Irons | 2 comments The next book i plan to read is the "Fourth Stall" by Chris Rylander because i heard it was a good book to read. What attracted me to the book was the tittle of the book. I anticipate enjoying the whole meaning of the"Fourth Stall'

message 34: by Jeannette (new)

Jeannette Lynam | 2 comments The next book I want to read is "Fractured" by Karin Slaughter. My cousin Maggie told me to read it. The cover attracted me. I cant wait to read it because I love horror and mystery books.

message 35: by Ayhan (new)

Ayhan Sanlier | 2 comments The next book that I would like to read is Mockingjay. No one told me to read this book I started the series and just finished Catching Fire. I am exited to read this book because the series is my favorite series that I have read.

message 36: by Alexus (new)

Alexus Calderon | 2 comments The next book i plan on reading is Love,Aubrey By:Suzanne Lafleur.I would like to read this book because it looks really good and sounds really good.The thing that attracted me to want to read this book is the cover it looks really good and the summary on the back.

message 37: by Shane (new)

Shane Dougherty | 1 comments i want to read the fourth stall because it looks good and other people say its boss water.also because miss McClay said he runs a bussness in a stall.also because everybodys talkin about it.

message 38: by Alexis (new)

Alexis Anderson | 2 comments The Book I'll like to read is the Hunger Games by 'Susan Collins'. What Got Me interested is Last Year People In My Grade Were Talking About It, So I Decided To Read It. Also I Watched The Movie And It Looked Great!

message 39: by Julia (new)

Julia (im-sooo-cool) | 2 comments The next book I plan to read is "The Lucky One" by Nicholas Sparks. My friend Dallas recommended it and said it was better than the movie. A lot of people say it's pretty complicated, but it's very interesting, and it's like really hard to put down. After I read the book I plan to see the movie. Hopefully the book will be like pretty cool.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

The next book that I want to read is The Hunger Games because it seems like a really good books and I've heard other people saying that it was awesome.. I have seen the movie and it was so interesting .. I definately plan on finishing the series too.

message 41: by Vincent (new)

Vincent Deluca | 1 comments my favorite book is old yeller because i like dogs.Also this book is a boy who has kill.

message 42: by Shannon (new)

Shannon McClay | 3 comments Mod
Dre'ana wrote: "The book that i want to read is called Let me in . I want to read this book because i saw the movie and i want to see what the book would be like. I like scary movies but this one wasnt so scary i ..."

Hey Dre'ana-
The novel that "Let Me In" is based on is called "Let the Right One In" and is written by John Ajvide Lindqvist. I'm like thirty pages into the book.

message 43: by Isaiahpayton (new)

Isaiahpayton | 2 comments The book I want to read is the athletes shorts because its about sports players. It talks about the athlets in all the sports. I anticapate the baseball part because I like and uderstand it.

message 44: by Lexie (new)

Lexie Cook  | 3 comments i know i already did this but i also want to read the fourth stall. its semming sooo good!

message 45: by Brandon (new)

Brandon Beyers (bbee3900) | 2 comments the next book I plan to read is the fourth stall I plan to read this book because it looks good and it was recommended to me. i also want to read it because a lot of people are interested in it and i think i would be to.