What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Sci Fi book. Girl on a police force gets a sentient personal wormhole?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kyle (new)

Kyle | 4 comments Ok, so this one is from left field, read it 10-15 years ago. Its a Sci Fi book that takes place in our universe, in the future. The only major features I remember about the book is that 'The Government/Military' have the ability to make artificial wormholes for transporting things, at a great difficulty, and not very effectively. There is a girl on a police force of some sort that gets a some form of a sentient wormhole personally attached to her that helps/protects her, that the Government/Military finds out about. Also a undercurrent to the whole story is there is a deadly disease that is killing people, and the cure is found at the end and I THINK (but am not sure) that it ends up being simply cinnamon, or some such common item that is the cure. Anyways, if anyone knows this title or author I would much appreciate it on a huge nostalgic level, and thanks ahead of time!

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37777 comments Mod
Kyle, are you still looking for this?

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37777 comments Mod
No response in 2+ years. Moving to Abandoned.

message 5: by Mir (new)

Mir | 703 comments Too bad; sounded interesting.