She-Geeks discussion

TV Shows > The Walking Dead (spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 161 (161 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Kay Lotus, Red Queen (new)

Kay Lotus (ayokayo) | 249 comments Mod
THE WAIT IS NEARLY OVAAAAH. The third season of The Walking Dead will premiere on Oct. 14 and there's been an abundance of still shots floating around the 'nets. Here are some photos that AMC recently released.

message 2: by Rose (new)

Rose | 14 comments I can't wait!! The prison is my favorite setting from the books

message 3: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (xitomatl) I'm VERY excited. When they showed Michonne at the final episode of season 2 I literally leapt up in the air and did a fist pump.

It'll be really interesting to see how it plays out that the prison. Without giving anything away to those that haven't read the comics... well, let's just say I want to see what horrors happen inside.

message 4: by Xiomara (new)

Xiomara Tweet | 3 comments So excited for season three. :)

message 5: by Kat (new)

Kat (katsobsession) | 66 comments This is gonna be so awesome^_^ I can hardly wait.

message 6: by Leena (new)

Leena (leena23) Can't wait!

message 7: by Kay Lotus, Red Queen (new)

I know! This season should be epic. They have too many great factors to work with. First, we have Michonne who is unquestionably the most trigger-happy (or should I say sword-happy) character on Rick's side. Then you have the prison setting which... I'll go and vaguely say will be a complete blood fest (^_^). Then they have the Governor who is personally one of my most hated comic book villains. He's pictured above in the third/middle photo. Merle is also coming back for the third season, and we know he's hot for revenge.

I'm most interested in how they're going to effectively portray the gore and intensity of the scenarios that took place in the prison. I mean, most of the scenes aren't exactly tv-friendly lol. Watching how the story line changes will be interesting too.

Would any of you fellow walkers be interested in meeting here in this thread to blog live during or after the third season premiere? It should be fun (^_^)

message 8: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (xitomatl) I'd love to meet afterward! During I'll just be too damned busy watching to type ;).

I was kinda shocked when they cast David Morrissey as the Governor. He's, I don't know, too handsome. I expected somebody meaner looking. Then again, Morrissey is a damned pretty good actor so I don't doubt he could play him. Quite a bit different looking than The Governor that was drawn in the comic.

message 9: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Karsak | 9 comments Super excited. I really missed Daryl. Started blogging TWD and am planning to recap the episodes starting Season 3. I have a "Walking Dead--Anticipating Dead" post that will help get you in the spirit! Enjoy :) http://walkingdeadrecap.blogspot.com/
Yaya, Michonne!

message 10: by Anna (Bananas) (new)

Anna (Bananas) | 758 comments This show just gets better and better! Really looking forward to it coming back. I don't know much about Michonne but that first glimpse of her, well you can tell she's a badass.
So did you all know where Sophia was all that time? I had no clue so it was a nice surprise for me. My heart just sank when she walked out. Such a great twisted/emotional scene.
I'm curious how the TV show compares to the comics. I want to read them, really I do, but I didn't get too into the first volume I bought. Does it get better?

message 11: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (xitomatl) Annaloree wrote: "This show just gets better and better! Really looking forward to it coming back. I don't know much about Michonne but that first glimpse of her, well you can tell she's a badass.
So did you all kno..."

The comic definitely has its highs and lows - it's not all "wow, this is the best thing I ever read!!!" and there are times I've almost dropped off reading it, but there are moments when it's fantastic, so always know it will pick up again.

The first 30 or so comics are actually my favourite of the series so far, so if you aren't that thrilled with the first six, you might not be into the series as a whole.

They are changing enough in the show vs. the comic so that those of us that have been reading it from issue one don't necessarily know what's going to happen in the show. For example, that whole "let's find Sophia" thing that took up half of season 2 didn't happen in the comic. In fact, she [SPOILER FOR THE COMIC] hasn't died yet in the comic book and is still alive and well.

It was definitely an interesting choice for them to kill her off in the show so soon because the relationship between her and Carl I think is an interesting one... now they won't be able to do that in the same way and I think it's honestly quite a big mistake on their part.

Having said that, the addition of Darryl in the show has been my favourite thing they've changed - he is an awesome character.

message 12: by Anna (Bananas) (new)

Anna (Bananas) | 758 comments Interesting Kelly, thanks for the info. I didn't know that about Sophia or Darryl.

message 13: by spokenbeats (new)

spokenbeats | 19 comments I am so ready for the Ricktatorship this year. Not to mention, the introduction of Michonne, who is one of my favorite characters. I hope she's as bad ass in the TV series.

message 14: by Kay Lotus, Red Queen (new)

RSVP ---> TWD Season 3 Premiere: She Geeks Live Chat

I can't wait!

message 15: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Karsak | 9 comments I really love the story-line and was very invested in the who Dale/Shane dynamic last season. It was a pity, in some ways, to see Shane go. I am really curious to see how it changes the group dynamic going forward (as I loathe Lori at this point--Andrea is my girl).

message 16: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (xitomatl) I was more soul crushing to see Dale go! I really didn't see that one coming.

message 17: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Karsak | 9 comments That was very sad. It was like the end of the only humanistic/philosopical element of society (at least in symbol) left.

message 18: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (xitomatl) Melanie wrote: "That was very sad. It was like the end of the only humanistic/philosopical element of society (at least in symbol) left."

I think Herschel will take up that torch with Dale gone.

message 19: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh (ashleigh_k) Kelly wrote: "I was more soul crushing to see Dale go! I really didn't see that one coming."

I know! I was so mad at Carl... he's a cool kid in the comic, but I'm not a fan of him in the tv show.

message 20: by Kay Lotus, Red Queen (new)

Kelly wrote: "I'd love to meet afterward! During I'll just be too damned busy watching to type ;).

I was kinda shocked when they cast David Morrissey as the Governor. He's, I don't know, too handsome. I expect..."

I thought the same thing. The Governor looks greasy and smug with pitch-black hair. Morrissey doesn't come off that way at all, but hopefully, his lengthy acting credentials will turn the role out... that and a heart borrowed from the vile witch in Snow White.

message 21: by Kay Lotus, Red Queen (new)

SPOILERS

Melanie wrote: "I really love the story-line and was very invested in the who Dale/Shane dynamic last season. It was a pity, in some ways, to see Shane go. I am really curious to see how it changes the group dyn..."

I was so dismayed when Shane died (T_T). He was my favorite character on the show because he was a good guy driven to madness at the collapse of humanity. He portrayed the worst in humans when faced with a moral ultimatum and the scene where he shot Otis added another layer of depth to TWD. My sister, on the other hand, cursed his name infinitely lol. I like how they mirrored the comic and made Carl the person responsible for his "final" death. Ahh and Carl, he almost made me cry so many times in the comic book...

It was sad how Dale died, but he was starting to aggravate me with his nagging. In a situation where I have to choose whether to off Dale or Hershel, I would off Dale. Not only for practical gain because Hershel can (surprisingly) handle the rifle pretty well, but his devout religious background poses the question "Where is God in all of this?" It's very interesting to see how an undead world along with ethical exceptions will take toll on him.

message 22: by Kay Lotus, Red Queen (new)

Hmmm. I need to clear up a little confusion about the exact start time of our live chat of the season premiere. The time I listed on the event is based in the Central time zone. I believe 7:30 here will be 5:30 on the west coast and 8:30 on the east. To put it simply, the live chat will start 30 minutes before the show until 2 hours after the show no matter where you are in the U.S. That will give us time to also watch The Talking Dead post-show.

message 23: by Anna (Bananas) (new)

Anna (Bananas) | 758 comments I love the post-show also!

message 24: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Karsak | 9 comments Anyone have an unspoiled red shirt prediction for the season opener? I have not read the comics, but my money is on Beth.

Liked your comments, Kay. My heart went out to Shane (and his abs).

message 25: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (xitomatl) Kay wrote: "SPOILERS

Melanie wrote: "I really love the story-line and was very invested in the who Dale/Shane dynamic last season. It was a pity, in some ways, to see Shane go. I am really curious to see ho..."

More Spoilers!

I was actually really, really pissed off about how they killed Shane (Rick doing the actual deed).

Having Carl kill Shane (when he was alive) in the comic book was such a huge point of character development for him (and a really big foreshadow as to how he progresses in the comics). I felt really, really cheated about how they had Rick kill him and then Carl just kills zombie-Shane. I felt like it was a cop-out. I don't know, maybe AMC was a little leery of having a kid kill a living human being, but to be fair, he was (in the comic as well) going to kill Rick. I think they really missed the mark on changing that, and it really pissed me off.

Them also taking Sophia out of the equation has huge ramifications for Carl - they share some very real moments later on in the comic that I think helps Carl keep his humanity a little bit longer. With her gone, I don't know who he'll be human with.

I really liked Dale, but I also really like Jeffrey DeMunn, so I was totally biased. The absolute desperation he had to keep people from turning into complete animals was heartbreaking.

/of comic S1 and S2 show spoilers

Having said all that - it'll be interesting to see a couple of things in this season:

1. Will they stay in the prison as long as they do in the comic, and will the ending of their time at the prison be the same? I have a feeling they'll change it quite a bit, just based on how much longer they kept Shane around.

2. Will Carl make the same character progression as he does in the comic? I really hope he does, because he is by far the most interesting character in the comic at this point. In fact, I'd like to see him feature even more.

A question for everyone here:
Who here reads the comic as it comes out in the monthly format? Most people I meet just read the trades or don't read it at all. I'd like to know how some other people felt about the big ending to issue 100?

And another thought on Morrissey:
He's a fantastic actor, I have no doubt he'll be able to pull off the Governor, I'm just not sure how much he looks the part. I hope the makeup people rough him up more, maybe the promo photos don't show the makeup complete or something.

Also, doesn't anybody else see a little Han Solo is Morrissey's Governor?

message 26: by Kay Lotus, Red Queen (new)

Melanie wrote: "Anyone have an unspoiled red shirt prediction for the season opener? I have not read the comics, but my money is on Beth.

Liked your comments, Kay. My heart went out to Shane (and his abs)."

Hmm, let's see who's still alive: Rick, Lori, Carl, Glenn, Maggie, Andrea, Darryl, Carol, T-Dog, Merle, Hershel, and Beth. I do believe Beth along with Carol and Merle will eventually die, but not in the first episode. It's too predictable. I'm going to make a bet and say that no one from the original camp will die during the first episode. I think it will be more of a transitioning episode as they make way and settle into the prison. The shock value will come from who they run into and what they have to do to get inside the prison. I think either Rick or Darryl will kill one or more prisoners instantly. Then there's the drama lingering around Lori's unborn child and people questioning Rick's leadership skills, which is interesting enough for me.

Ahhh, and as for Shane... The scene in Hershel's bathroom where he shaves all his hair off while shirtless... I'm thankful for still having that imagery. He's coming down here to New Orleans for Comic-Con in December. Ya damn skippy I'm getting a photo op.

message 27: by Kay Lotus, Red Queen (last edited Oct 13, 2012 02:18PM) (new)

Kelly wrote: "I was actually really, really pissed off about how they killed Shane (Rick doing the actual deed)..."

(view spoiler)

message 28: by Lindsey.parks (new)

Lindsey.parks | 12 comments I know it wont happen, but I need Carl dead.

message 29: by Kay Lotus, Red Queen (new)

Lindsey.parks wrote: "I know it wont happen, but I need Carl dead."

Nooooooooooooooo. None of that blasphemy!

message 30: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (xitomatl) Lindsey.parks wrote: "I know it wont happen, but I need Carl dead."

I agree - blasphemy! He has the best character development out of anybody. Beautifully written in the comic, and I'm hoping the show will very closely parallel it.

message 31: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (xitomatl) Just a complete side thought - I was really hoping they'd cast Gina Torres as Michonne. She would have done such a good job.

I sure the actor they picked will be fine, but I kinda pictured Gina Torres from the first moment I saw her in the comic.

message 32: by spokenbeats (new)

spokenbeats | 19 comments I can't see Gina Torres. They made a great choice in Danai Guiria and it is so refreshing to see new women of color breaking through in tv series, especially in a genre where we are usually invisible.

And Carl does have one of the best character developments in the comic series, but he is absolutely insufferable in the TV series. Although, I'm still miffed at the death of Sophia and her squandered potential growth/relationship with Carl.

message 33: by Caramel Cat (last edited Oct 14, 2012 05:30PM) (new)

Caramel Cat Universe Can't wait to watch! X( (dead zombie)

message 34: by spokenbeats (new)

spokenbeats | 19 comments http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17h4s...

Just something to start off the kick-off, lol.

message 35: by Caramel Cat (new)

Caramel Cat Universe Haha! That was a funny pic.

message 36: by Kay Lotus, Red Queen (new)

I AM SOOOO AMPED. 8 MORE MINUTES!!!

message 37: by Kay Lotus, Red Queen (new)

Michele wrote: "http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17h4s...

Just something to start off the kick-off, lol."

Ha!

message 38: by spokenbeats (new)

spokenbeats | 19 comments Rewatching season 2 ending and I am so UPSET for Rick right now. It may have also sparked some hate for Carol and her new found whining.

Long live the ricktatorship.

message 39: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (xitomatl) THE WAIT IS OVER!

Ahem.

message 40: by spokenbeats (new)

spokenbeats | 19 comments OHMERGAHD, RUGGED HERSHEL.

message 41: by Kay Lotus, Red Queen (new)

Whaaa. New intro? It's a lot shorter.

message 42: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (xitomatl) Looks like about 7ish months have passed. And things seem pretty tense.

They weren't that far from the prison according to the last shot from the last season. You think they would have come on it within that time.

message 43: by Rose (new)

Rose | 14 comments Yea they prob sped time along just to have the extra drama of Laurie being really preggers

message 44: by Kay Lotus, Red Queen (new)

How many months have passed? Lori is smuggling watermelons! Weren't they RIGHT by the prison in the very last scene of the last season?

message 45: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (xitomatl) And there's that prison we all know and love!

message 46: by spokenbeats (new)

spokenbeats | 19 comments They said they've been going in circles..oh, speak of the devil. There it is! I also like the new intro.

message 47: by Kay Lotus, Red Queen (new)

Fyi. If repeatedly scrolling down this page is aggravating you, make sure you have it where the newest comments shows up at the top. Click on the "date" link with the arrow.

message 48: by Kay Lotus, Red Queen (new)

I wonder if Axel will be one of the prisoners...

message 49: by Kay Lotus, Red Queen (new)

Carol and Darryl... *cringes*

message 50: by spokenbeats (new)

spokenbeats | 19 comments Waking Dead wiki has Axel listed to make an appearance this season. http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Axe...

« previous 1 3 4