Breaking Bad discussion

Any novels similar to BB ?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Reverie (new)

Reverie | 4 comments BB is not only a great show but a wonderful visual novel... any books similar in plot with mind blowing suspense out there ?

message 2: by Joanna (new)

Joanna (foxwrapped) | 23 comments Mod
Man, that is a good question. I am currently reading Methland: The Death and Life of an American Small Town, and it is very good. It's not as dry as it would seem from the description. There are great, breaking bad-ish stories in there. Like one guy, high on meth and believing black helicopters were hovering over his house, dumped all his chemicals down the drain and lit a cigarrette, starting a fire that melted his skin, nose and fingers off. And he continues to smoke meth, using his stumpy hands. I just ended the story of Lori Arnold (comedian Tom Arnold's sister) who was basically, like, Gus Fring.

Most of the books I find when I search for meth books are memoirs, which is... not exactly what I want. I did find Crystal Meth Cowboys which looks very intereting. Good reviews on amazon.

message 3: by Reverie (last edited Sep 19, 2012 08:57PM) (new)

Reverie | 4 comments Thanks - will definitely check out your suggestions. I know its not appropriate to laugh at others misfortunes...but God meth really brings out the crazy in people - your story had me laughing.