Tortall - And Other Fancy Worlds by Tamora Pierce discussion

Movie - Why isn't there one?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 68 (68 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Amelia (new)

Amelia (AmeliaRobinson) | 49 comments Mod
What I don't get...is why on earth there isn't a Tamora Pierce novel out there that has be turned into a movie! As popular and as creative as Tamora Pierce is, there should be a movie to her name!

Question: Do you want to see a Tamora Pierce novel turned to the big screen? If so, which book would you want to see in action the most? (If done correctly, of course.)

Me...I think I'd like to see Wild Magic made into a movie. That, or the Trickster's Choice. Aly is such a fun character.

message 2: by Althea (new)

Althea | 4 comments I would like to see Trickster's Choice made into a movie. But that is probably because Aly is my favorite.

message 3: by Amelia (new)

I totally and completely agree! I just still can't believe that there isn't one yet! They should be easy enough to do!

message 4: by Althea (new)

Althea | 4 comments You would think. It would be such a good movie.

❦✮ Sophie ✮❦ (Sophie_The_Great) | 12 comments I agree, but it'd be hard to make 1 movie without making movies out all 19 or so books, since they're interconnected so closely... (and 19 or 20 movies is a bit too much...=() I still wish they could make SOMETHING...

message 6: by Amelia (new)

Most definitely! I totally agree!

message 7: by ♥Cassie♥ (new)

♥Cassie♥ I think Tricksters Choice and Alanna the Lioness should be made into movie

message 8: by Amelia (new)

I'm listening to "Trickster's Choice" on audio right now and I can picture it perfectly as a movie! I wonder if there's a way to suggest a movie to be made...

message 9: by Araceli (new)

Araceli | 18 comments Ah, I would like to see Wild Magic made into a movie and also Wolf-Speaker too. I've always wondered what Numair would look like.

❦✮ Sophie ✮❦ (Sophie_The_Great) | 12 comments Same here =D

❦✮ Sophie ✮❦ (Sophie_The_Great) | 12 comments They could make one jumbo movie, or a movie out of each of the cycles....

message 12: by Chanter (new)

Chanter | 1 comments they could just make a tv sieries wich is what i think will work best for this sieries. but a jumbo movie would not work becouse they couldn't fit all that information on one dvd wich i belive holds up to 3 hours of film. a movie per cycle might work but it would probably become squished becouse her books were not made to become movies they were made for books. this is why a sieries of tv shows would work best. if they did this they might start with beca cooper and once her her legends are finished maybee have a scean where becas child makes the figurine and have it passed down generation to generation and when goerge's mother is punishing him and he holds the figure have him suddenly grow up to see alanna (alan) ride through the city that would get rid of those what? hundred years

❦✮ Sophie ✮❦ (Sophie_The_Great) | 12 comments Yeah

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I would love to see Wild Magic! and of course Alanna

message 15: by Amelia (new)

Wild Magic would be awesome, except the huge age difference between Daine and Numair might get the movies some heat.

I would love to see Protector of the Small. There's not a lot of romance but there's plenty of girl power. :P

All of the Tamora Pierce books would be interesting to see on the big screen. That's the brilliance behind her writing!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Dang i didnt think about that sigh Wild Magic would be good though...Wouldnt it be the same with George and Alanna?

I havent finished Protecter im on Page but what ive read so far is awesome. And your so right any Tamora book would look great as a movie

message 17: by Amelia (new)

In the Alanna books, doesn't it say that he's only, like, six years older than her? Whereas in the Wild Magic books, Numair is fourteen years older than Daine. So if it's made into a movie, there might be some issues around that if they're anywhere near true to form.

I had such a problem with First Test. I almost stopped reading it after the first chapter due to the whole crappy thing around the one year probation, yada, yada, yada. Ticked me off SO much, not because T.P.'s writing or plot. But I'm so glad Kel pushed through that and she sure showed them!

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

If you look on Tamoras website on the timeline it says George is like six in TERRIER in the year 406. Alanna wasnt born until 419 which makes george about 20 yrs older.

I adore Kel i just finished Page like an hour ago. Squeal ;)

It Makes Sense In Context | 38 comments Althea wrote: "I would like to see Trickster's Choice made into a movie. But that is probably because Aly is my favorite."

yes make it into a movie i mean the trickster books are the bet peirce books ecept for beka cooper.

message 20: by Amelia (new)

I would love to see Kel's story made into a movie. She's the only one who has to struggle through without any magic, unlike Alanna, Daine, and Beka. They all had magic to resort to in a crisis. Kel didn't have any of that.

It Makes Sense In Context | 38 comments beka dosnt really have magic. she just listens for things others miss.

message 22: by Sally (new)

Sally Linford | 2 comments beka can hear dust spinners and talk to pigeons. That's magic in my world.

I'd love to see Wild Magic and Beka Cooper.

Every one bites the dust! *music is my sole* l n l i /a g o s (katlan15) me 2! but if they do they better not screw it up as bad as they did with eregon...(SP?)

It Makes Sense In Context | 38 comments OH MY GOD THAT MOVIE WAS AWFUL, BUT ITS MY FAVE BOOK.

Every one bites the dust! *music is my sole* l n l i /a g o s (katlan15) not my fav... tps books r myn

It Makes Sense In Context | 38 comments TPS BOOKS ARE GOOD ILL GIVE THEM THAT TERE JST 2 SHORT

message 28: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 18 comments When they make movies out of books they have to shorten it up and, in my opinion, screw it up to an extent. I liked the twilight books, but the movies to me just seemed to give the wrong idea of the whole story. It just seemed off. The feeling of it wasn't right. Now, I LOVE the Tortallan books, and I just don't want to see it screwed up :/

message 29: by Alissa (new)

Alissa (alissagibbs) | 3 comments Christina wrote: "If you look on Tamoras website on the timeline it says George is like six in TERRIER in the year 406. Alanna wasnt born until 419 which makes george about 20 yrs older.

I adore Kel i just finish..."

The timeline on her website has two dates of birth for George - so he could be 20 years older, or 6:

406 Eleni Cooper tells George the story of Beka Cooper after his own run-in with local authorities

413 George Cooper is born (more accurate date)

It Makes Sense In Context | 38 comments exactly

message 31: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 29, 2010 11:28AM) (new)

I wonder why theres two dates?

The date 413 is going with the assuption that Alanna makes that George is about six years older than her.

The date 406 is mentioned in Terrier.

Lol so how old is he????

message 32: by Amelia (new)

I remember seeing Eragon and AS A MOVIE, it's really good. I thought the actors chosen were BRILLIANT, except for the woman who played Arya. Her hair was supposed to be black, not red, although honestly, I always pictured Arya as a red-head. Jeremy Irons was PERFECT as Brom. He's an awesome actor and he fit my mental image of Brom perfectly.

Compared to the book though, Eragon really was horrible. It's like they just took some major events, the characters, the world and created their own story. I mean HELLO! Dragons don't have FEATHERS for goodness sake! (Though I did love the voice of Saphira.) They left out so much and screwed up a lot of basic information that wouldn't have killed them to get right.

*sigh* I was so disappointed with Eragon. Knowing that the movie was coming out made me go pick up the book, but after seeing the movie, the book was SO much better.

About George's age...I personally can see him both ways. In the Song of the Lioness books, I picture him as six years older just because it's easier to comprehend. But in books like the Trickster series, I can picture him being older than Alanna.

Having such a huge set up like Tamora Pierce does, there are bound to be screw ups. But that's the brilliance of imagination. You can build it up all on your own inside your head and have it any way you want. :)

It Makes Sense In Context | 38 comments how can you like the eragon movie??????!!!!!!! I am an epic fan of the books and the movie to me was an epic FAIL!!!!!!!!!! It was awful just awful.

message 34: by Amelia (new)

What I said was that I liked the movie AS A MOVIE. Compared to the book, it was awful like you said, but say you watched the movie without ever reading the book, it was pretty good in my opinion.

It Makes Sense In Context | 38 comments no no no it was awfull and a slap in the face of tru eragon fans. but put it ur way it may have been passable

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

I read the eragon books but havent seen the movie yet... has anyone read and watched the percy jackson ones? I didnt like the movie at all but im a fan of the books.

Which tamora book would make the best movie? I like Kel the most.

message 37: by Agent Idaho (new)

Agent Idaho | 8 comments i want the circle of magic books to be made into movies and tricksters choice

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

So if the circle books were made into movies who would be the actors??? Or the Protecter series?? Im curious who do you see playing these characters?

It Makes Sense In Context | 38 comments tricksers choice

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Ursula wrote: "tricksers choice"

So if they made a movie of Tricksters Choice who should play Aly?

It Makes Sense In Context | 38 comments ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm good question

message 42: by Agent Idaho (new)

Agent Idaho | 8 comments ive always thought it could be someone like Emily Osment but i doubt youde agree with that

message 43: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 10, 2010 06:32AM) (new)

....i dont know its hard to picture who would play them and even harder to envision a disney actress. Buut im not sure maybe.

...how old was Aly in the begining? Woah i just imagined a bald Emily Osment lol i cant see that happening

It Makes Sense In Context | 38 comments raelly it is quite easy

message 45: by Agent Idaho (new)

Agent Idaho | 8 comments thats a very good point
i am reading the book now and shes 16 so i think emily osment would be to old to play the part
what are some 16 year old actresses?

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

miranda cosgrove, Bridgit Mendler (from Good Luck Charlie), umm i cant thibk of anyone else lol

message 47: by Agent (new)

Agent Idaho | 2 comments i guess i could see bridgit mendler but i dont think she has the right facial features for it
i always pictured aly with a sweet almost childish face and bridgit mendler does not have that kind of innocent look
and miranda cosgrove doesnt have the right hair color
Taylor Momsen could pull it off if she had slightly redder hair

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

They could always highlight it with red, the hair isnt really a big deal since that could be fixed.

Anyway isnt Alys hair Purple(then bald,THEN red lol)?

Hmm i always pictured Aly as michivious like her dad (probly spelled that wrong)

message 49: by Agent (new)

Agent Idaho | 2 comments lol yeah she has that look to her as well
how about Camilla Rosso? (if you dont know who that is then google her lol)

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

She perfect! lol (i did have to google it lol but i knw who she is)

« previous 1