The Most Peculiar Poetry Salon For Particular Poets discussion

Other Observances/CritIques > Do you have a poetry blog?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katy (new)

Katy (kathrynfield) | 34 comments I wanted to share my poetry blog with you guys. I just started it a few days ago and hope to keep adding to it. It is anonymous, however, because of the nature of some of the poetry would probably not do well with my future as an elementary school teacher. :o)

Does anyone else have a poetry blog?

message 2: by Bryana (new)

Bryana Joy (bryana_johnson) | 12 comments Well, share it by all means! :)

I have a blog where I write about literature and poetry and sometimes post poetry, but I can't post much poetry because most of my poetry is under consideration by magazines.

The blog is www.bryanajohnson.com

message 3: by Katy (new)

Katy (kathrynfield) | 34 comments lol Whoops! That's what I get for being up at 1am when I usually go to bed by 10pm! Here's the link lol

http://poodlespoetry.blogspot.com/

I will give yours a closer look when my brain is not on strike, Bryana. It was more than my befuddled mind can handle tonight!

message 4: by Beth A., Head Hostess (new)

Beth A. | 145 comments Mod
Before blogs were popular I used to have a page a long long long time ago. It was on geocities,that's how long ago. I wasn't diligent enough to keep it up though. These days I keep most of my poems on paper but I'll start adding more here as time allows.
I suppose its probably still up but in bad condition or i would share it.

message 5: by Beth A., Head Hostess (last edited May 18, 2013 08:19AM) (new)

Beth A. | 145 comments Mod
I decided to start something simple on Wordpress,simple being the operative term. None of these free places are that easy to use....with one exception...but it's not free,cheap but not free.

Anyways,its due to the fact that I also found this book publishing site that does everything for you but promotion and the actual book writing. Their base price is a touch high so your book has to be a little pricey if you want an "author profit". So,I only made this book because I have some kids poems I'd like to see in print and i'm sure it's not for most editors. I'd prefer to spend my time searching for editors for my general collection of poems.

Still I'd love it to see the light of day outside of family and so I made a Wordpress site to promote it and any other work. Though as has been said,you really can't put many finished poems on a site if you want them to be considered in this day and age,so it's more of an about and announcement sort of place. Anyways,here's the link:

http://themirthfulpen.wordpress.com/

message 6: by Jt (new)

Jt (overthemoonglow) | 9 comments Katy wrote: "I wanted to share my poetry blog with you guys. I just started it a few days ago and hope to keep adding to it. It is anonymous, however, because of the nature of some of the poetry would probably ..."

I've really tried to be patient and hopeful of posting the full monty of my poetry both new and old. I own a Creative Writing link for my poetry on Goodreads.com As for a poetry blog, I've considered it.
It seems like a stretch though if you aren't savvy enough to share your wares. There has to be an alternative towards updating a poetry blog every 24 hours. I'd like to know too. I feel like I need to seek other resources. I'm not adept at social media. Thanks for all the writers who strive and seek acceptance in their words. Maybe someday someone will be touched or affected beyond meaning. For now, it's back to the salt mines slogging through another mundane existence.

Always Be,

Jt