Friendly Debates discussion

Starting Debates > recent YA books turning into movies

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cait Sith (new)

Cait Sith Fairy (willowkeeper) | 9 comments Mod
Your opinions

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I like a lot of the movies based off books. Hunger games was epic, im not a twilight fan period. (book or movie) harry potter is awesome.

message 3: by Breton (new)

Breton I more or less agree with CICI, although I'm not a huge fan of any YA movie adaptations so far. I liked some of the Potter films (disappointed by the last one), and I thought the Hunger Games was pretty good. Also not a Twilight fan :P

Are there any other noteworthy YA adaptations out right now?

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

i think that the hunger movie was really good and i think they did a good job and all the harry potter movies

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Agreed bht the books r always better

message 6: by Breton (new)

Breton Are we able to discuss tv shows as well (The Vampire Diaries, True Blood, Teen Wolf, The Secret Circle, etc)?

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

If their based off YA books, ya I think.

message 8: by Cait Sith (new)

YA=??

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

YA=young adult.

message 10: by Cait Sith (new)

ahh ok

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

ya. im sad today. and happy. and confused. and hopeful. and hurt. and depressed. and missing someone.

message 12: by Kirstin (new)

Kirstin | 5 comments Hunger games was an awesome adaption of the book as was most of the Harry Potters. Twilight books were okay on a good day but the movies sucked. I liked Blood and Chocolate movie better than the actual book.

ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak} (taggerung) | 10 comments CICI wrote: "ya. im sad today. and happy. and confused. and hopeful. and hurt. and depressed. and missing someone."

Sorry to hear that :(

message 14: by ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak} (last edited Sep 13, 2012 08:20AM) (new)

ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak} (taggerung) | 10 comments Hunger Games was great, you just have to see it as a movie not a replica of the book.
Percy Jackson, as a movie was enjoyable enough for a movie, but it was a piece of absolute trash as an adaption.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree about Percy Jackson. It was an awful adaption. I like to see books turn into movies because it gives you another way to see a book. You imagine the plot and characters in your head and don't really get a chance to see a different side until the movie comes out.