Starting Debates > Dating before 18

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cait Sith (new)

Cait Sith Fairy (willowkeeper) | 9 comments Mod
Your opinion.

I think it should be allowed.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Agreed. Your heart falls in love BEFORE 18 and u should follow it. But AT LEAST wait till ur teen yrs (13+)

ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak} (taggerung) | 10 comments I think it should be allowed, but not until senior year. Simply because I don't think it's fair to yourself to be in a romantic relationship if it's not going to go anywhere any time soon.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

but what if u meet that one special person. Isnt it worth that chance? is it worth the chance of missing out on mr./mrs. right?

ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak} (taggerung) | 10 comments It's possible to marry someone that was a high school sweetheart, but more often than not even those marriages end in divorce. People change as they mature, what you had going into the relationship isn't guaranteed to be what you get in the end.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

and that what makes true love so special. being able to change together and love each other always. ya it takes work but why not start trying now?

message 7: by Kirstin (new)

Kirstin | 5 comments Your meant to make mistakes though. Having a not so good relationship teaches you what you want and need from a partner. What you need to give and how much you should take. I don't mean to purposely date someone that is wrong for you but naturally over time the "ooey gooey love" stage will wear off and underlying problems will surface. So date, have fun, and don't put all your eggs in one basket.

ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak} (taggerung) | 10 comments Yeah but you can make those same mistakes when it's more practical and you're more mature and likely to learn from them. And this is coming from someone who wishes she were allowed to date right now. Heart says one thing, brain says another.

message 9: by Kirstin (new)

Kirstin | 5 comments Yes that's true. Although I was allowed to date as a teen, my first real, serious relationship wasn't until I was 19. It just ended after 2 years but I would never give up what the experience taught me.

ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak} (taggerung) | 10 comments I'm 18, still not allowed sadly.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I think it should be allowed. Puppy love kind of gives you something to look forward to in school. You know, hoping that one person looks at you in math class and all that. Although most teenagers mistake a crush for true love and all of a sudden when they act too fast and things don't work out there's heartbreak and unnecessary sadness.
So... yes, date before 18 but don't expect love until like the thirtieth relationship.