Not Just Young Adult discussion

The Taker by Alma Katsu

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jody (new)

Jody | 26 comments I read this book several months ago. I couldn't find where I had commented on it so I'm starting a new conversation. This book was a disturbing tell of a young girl who was made immortal by this horrible man. I asked myself why I kept reading it. It's very dark at times. Katsu spends a lot of time going into great detail about her characters that's not necessary . I compared the book to getting a root canal. I swore I would not read the second or third one. Guess what, I'm reading it. I pray this one is better than the first one. I always try and give the author the benefit of the doubt.

message 2: by Daphne (new)

Daphne (daphnes) | 102 comments Mod
So you bit the bullet and bought it? I plan on reading it hopefully in another month or so. I have a few others in line in front of it. I can't wait to hear what you think of it!

message 3: by Jody (new)

Jody | 26 comments I finished The Reckoning. I enjoyed this one much more than the first book. If you can make it through the first one the second one is much better, less dark. I will be interested to see where the last book takes all the characters. I find Lanores character very annoying. She needs to either sit or get off the pot, if you know what I mean. I find female characters that pine over guys that have no interest in them shallow and weak. I learned to like Adair in this book. After being buried alive for two hundred years he changes .Katsu really has a change of heart with his character. To bad I have to wait a year to find out what happens.