Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

General IR Book Discussion > IR newbie suggestions.....

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (last edited Sep 12, 2012 07:20PM) (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3396 comments Mod
My cousin and I have started our own 2 woman local book club. She chose this month's book- Baby Momma Drama by Carl Weber .

I'd like to introduce her to some IR romance, preferrably PNR. Does anyone have any suggestions for IR and PNR newbie? I'd hate for her to feel overwhelmed and never look back. She already thinks I'm into witchcraft after going through my bookshelves. I was thinking of LA Banks' Minion (Vampire Huntress Legend, #1) by L.A. Banks to start, but I'm just not sure about that one.

message 2: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

My hope is to introduce her to both IR rom and PNR at the same time.

message 3: by Laurel (new)

Laurel Cremant (laurelcremant) | 30 comments Hmmm,perhaps something from Zenobia Renquist or Nia K. Foxx? I've only read one from Zenobia and liked it, but I really enjoyed Foxx's Gargoyle's Mate.

message 4: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Laurel wrote: "Hmmm,perhaps something from Zenobia Renquist or Nia K. Foxx? I've only read one from Zenobia and liked it, but I really enjoyed Foxx's Gargoyle's Mate."

Thanks Laurel! I haven't read either of those authors, so I'll definitely being looking into them.

message 5: by Tracey (last edited Sep 13, 2012 06:18PM) (new)

Tracey | 166 comments I thought these were an excellent read Michelle:

I/R
Crush - Crystal Hubbard
Being Plumville - Savannah Frierson
I'll be your Shelter - Giselle Carmichael
Trice Hickman - Unexpected Interruptions & Keeping Secrets and Telling Lies
Pepper Pace - Juicy & Stranded

PNR
Alpha Promise - Hayat Ali
Ultimate Breed - Erosa Knowles
Tameka Smile - Zena Wynn

message 6: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Tracey wrote: "I thought these were an excellent read Michelle:

I/R
Crush - Crystal Hubbard
Trice Hickman - Unexpected Interruptions ..."

Thanks Tracey. I'll have to look into these as well. Whatever I can get 2 copies of the easiest will be find with me. I'm enjoying coming across some authors that are unfamiliar to me :)

message 7: by Tracey (new)

Tracey | 166 comments ✿Michelle✿ wrote: "Tracey wrote: "I thought these were an excellent read Michelle:

I/R
Crush - Crystal Hubbard
Trice Hickman - Unexpected..."

You can solve that problem easy, just buy her a Nook and then you can loan her the book.....lol

message 8: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Tracey wrote: "✿Michelle✿ wrote: "Tracey wrote: "I thought these were an excellent read Michelle:

I/R
Crush - Crystal Hubbard
Trice H..."

I've been encouraging her buy one for herself (LOL!) for months now. There's so many grear IR novels that seem to be available as an ebook only.

Being Plumville seems like a hard book to get no matter what route you go. Am I right?

message 9: by Tracey (new)

Tracey | 166 comments ✿Michelle✿ wrote: "Tracey wrote: "✿Michelle✿ wrote: "Tracey wrote: "I thought these were an excellent read Michelle:

I/R
Crush - Crystal Hubbard
I'll be your Shelter - Giselle Car..."

sending you a e-mail