Wild Things: YA Grown-Up discussion

Monthly Challenges > December 2012

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kellee (new)

Kellee Moye (kelleemoye) December 2012: Human Rights Week- Read a book where a character fights against their human or civil rights being taken away.

message 2: by Kellee (new)

Kellee Moye (kelleemoye) I'd forgotten what the topic was for December- what a powerful theme!

message 3: by Jennifer W, WT Moderator (new)

Jennifer W | 1289 comments Mod
Agreed!

If you haven't read it yet, I'd highly recommend Never Fall Down. I think I'm going to (finally) read Unwind.

message 4: by Kellee (new)

Kellee Moye (kelleemoye) Jennifer W wrote: "Agreed!

If you haven't read it yet, I'd highly recommend Never Fall Down. I think I'm going to (finally) read Unwind."

I got Never Fall Down at ALAN- looking forward to reading it at some point.

Unwind is a phenomenal book!!!

Angela Sunshine (angelasunshine) I read Rebel Heart by Moira Young. It's set in a fictional dystopia, but the heroine is fighting against a group who are killing and enslaving people to build a new world their own way.

message 6: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth (lifelovebooks) I read Reached by Ally Condie. Also a dystopia and the last of the Matched trilogy. They were also fighting to create a new and better world and each main character had their own part in the fight.

I can't wait to read Never Fall Down. It looks really great.

message 7: by Kellee (new)

Kellee Moye (kelleemoye) Thank you ladies for taking part in December's challenge :)

Angela- I hadn't realized that number 2 had come out - I NEED to get it :)

Mary Beth- I still need to read Crossed and Reached... AND Never Fall Down.

message 8: by Kellee (new)

Kellee Moye (kelleemoye) Completed Tasks: December

The Last Free Cat by Jon Blake 12/26/12
In a futuristic world where cats are no longer allowed since they spread a deadly disease, a young girl finds a cat and will do anything to protect her and her freedoms.

Points Earned this month: 2
Total Points: 135