Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone discussion

Like my FB page? Please? c:

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jeni Why? Aside from seeing this request everywhere, you've given me no motivation for even looking at it.

Can you tell us what the page is about? I'm assuming Harry Potter, since you seem to like him. :)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, I roleplay Harry Potter there and I post pictures about HP and since I'm so close to 1000 likes, I thought I could ask some fellow Potterheads if they'd like to look at the stuff I post/make. That's about it. My apologies if this spammed you.

message 4: by Paul (new) - rated it 1 star

Paul Vincent I believe the traditional way (and polite way) to make requests like that Harry, is to explain what you are aiming to achieve and why and then mention how grateful you will be, or what the benefit is, if they do as you ask.

I'd feel much more inclined to help if you explained in the opening post why you are asking for likes.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I believe I said 'please' ....I don't know why you'd say that my way is impolite. D; well, I didn't put these info because I'm confident in my page because I post good stuff there. By all means, I'm not forcing you to do anything.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

You people are such haters. D':

message 7: by Paul (new) - rated it 1 star

Paul Vincent Harry wrote: "I believe I said 'please' ....I don't know why you'd say that my way is impolite. D; well, I didn't put these info because I'm confident in my page because I post good stuff there. By all means, I'..."
"Please" with a question mark on it doesn't sound too sincere to me. Anyway I think the rest of my point still stands. Don't view it as an attack. I was offering advice!

If you want to stimulate a response, especially when you want to persuade people to help you in some way, it pays to spend some time crafting your request.

Micaela I think that you make it sound like you are 5 years old by posting this everywhere.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm not a five year old. :'[ I'm not the first one to post a link on other topics. I see people do that, and I click on the link to see what have. You're making it look like a crime that I posted a link on other topics. Godric, the website is for everyone. It strikes me that Potterhads are so hateful to each other. I won't say anything after that. I've done nothing wrong.... :[

message 10: by Jeni (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jeni I can only speak for myself, obviously, but I truly am not being hateful. I just don't like to randomly click links with no general idea where I'm going. There's just too much out there that is harmful to my computer security.

Just asking for a little information before I head your way. :)

Angela Well, I've had a look and I just don't get it?! Perhaps I'm being a bit thick but I don't understand what it's about?

Helen Stevens Angela wrote: "Well, I've had a look and I just don't get it?! Perhaps I'm being a bit thick but I don't understand what it's about?"

It's a Harry Potter fan community page.

And whether or not to 'like' someones page really isn't a subject to argue about...ok, so perhaps Harry might have given a little more info, but some of the posters here seem to have made him feel a bit attacked for not doing so.

message 13: by Avisikta (new) - added it

Avisikta Harry could have provided some more info in the 1st comment , but I don't think it's something everyone has to attack him for.A fresh face in the Harry Potter pages is always welcome and whether you 'like' it or not is your business,but I don't think someone should go against him like that coz people do leave subject unrelated links.

I think the page is pretty cool.

Just my point-of-view of course.If it's not yours ignore it.

message 14: by Paul (new) - rated it 1 star

Paul Vincent Attack? I was trying to help and provide additional explanation for message #2. My approach would have been quite different if I was attacking (which I rarely do anyway).

Billy M. Well this is a fun fight :p

Micaela Harry wrote: "I'm not a five year old. :'[ I'm not the first one to post a link on other topics. I see people do that, and I click on the link to see what have. You're making it look like a crime that I posted ..."

I'm sayig that you seem like your 5 because you post it everywhere it seems and then you made a discussionfor it. I know your not the first but most of the people who do that they do it for a blog and yours is just a fb page. I'm sorry it you got offened by my comment thats not what I wanted it to do and I probaly could have worded it differently.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

This is the saddest convo ever.