TV We've Just Watched discussion

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jackie (last edited Sep 12, 2012 03:42PM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Copper, best new show I've seen in a while.
"Set in the Five Points neighborhood of New York City in the 1860s, focusing on a rugged young Irish cop who is forced to navigate his unruly and dangerous immigrant neighborhood while interacting with the uptown Manhattan crowd and the black community."

It's a BBCA original program, but it's not a British show, it's made strictly for an American audience, yet full of British actors.

message 2: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 162 comments Started out interesting but now I am getting bored with it

message 3: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Really? I'm not bored yet. The thing about the wife and the locket is boring, and it makes me doubt his detective abilities. Dude, she had an abortion and ran off, pretty obvious, lol

message 4: by Becky (new)

Becky | 186 comments So far I'm LOVING this show. It has so much potential, though I will admit the little girl drives me a bit batty!

message 5: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Annie, the little girl, is a sneaky conniving bitch. I can't even imagine what she'll be like if she lives to grow up.
I'm glad that other conniving skank Molly is dead.

And can I just say, Francis' accent is hot.
I like Freeman too, smart guy.

message 6: by Timothy (new)

Timothy (jeditimothy) | 599 comments For those like this show you ought to check out HELL ON WHEELS.

As far as the little girl she like kinzi from lost girl anoying as hell.

message 7: by Jackie (last edited Sep 16, 2012 07:50PM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Kinzi, annoying, absolutely! But I liked Kinzi better than Bo, that's why I quit watching Lost Girl.

Hell on Wheels, I never heard of it. Now I'll have to check it out, if it's not too far into it.

message 8: by Jackie (last edited Sep 16, 2012 07:53PM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Hell on Wheels, on AMC. Too far into it for me to start. Maybe I'll catch it in reruns, maybe not. Not sure if it's for me. Is there a hot Irish accent like Francis' on this, lol

message 9: by Becky (new)

Becky | 186 comments Hell on Wheels is the reason why I started to watch Cooper. I LOVED it and if you can catch the first season I recommend it its on Netflix! Both shows are so gritty! There is a hot Irish accent, just not as cute as Francis and not on as often.

message 10: by Jackie (last edited Sep 19, 2012 12:47PM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Hot Irish accent, I'm there, lol
I'll catch it in reruns when they start over from the first ep.

message 11: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 375 comments I'm liking this show. I like that it's set in a different time period and seems to be somewhat realistic.

message 12: by Allen (new)

Allen Wright I & Worst (Audiovore) | 222 comments Now I only watched the pilot, but it just didn't click with me. Seemed to be a procedural with a flashy 'look period piece' setting. Plus, it just didn't 'feel' right. Hell On Wheels and Boardwalk Empire are such good early America pieces, that this just doesn't compare. Not that it should, but it did hold up on it's own either.

message 13: by Holli (new)

Holli just renewed for another season

message 14: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Best line:
Francis to Kevin: I may be a lowlife but I'm a damn good copper.
hahahaha

message 15: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Season 2, premieres Sunday, June 23rd.

message 16: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 375 comments Great! Thanks for the good news.

message 17: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Anyone watching this season?

Francis cut that beautiful hair I fantasize about! Dammit. Still a cutie.
When he went to kill a cop, I thought it was Kevin he was talking about. I wonder how their relationship will play out now that they are on opposite sides.

Hate Elizabeth. Hate Annie. Hate Molly. The only female I do like is the whore, Eva. She's the only truthful and up-front one.

message 18: by Driftwood (new)

Driftwood | 34 comments We don't get the show so I can't watch current season, but we watched the first one on Netflix and I am hooked. Love all the Civil War background stuff.

message 19: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Cancelled. Possibility for a movie but I wouldn't hold my breath on it.