Dragonlance discussion

Books > Dragon Lance Order

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adriano (new)

Adriano | 3 comments Hello All,

I am new to this forum but not new to the Dragon Lance series. I read the Chronicles years ago and just started back in. I want to get through all of them at some point. So far I have read Chronicles and Legends and I want to ready more. I have been trying to find a good order in which to read the next books.

Does anyone have a good list in which the order makes sense? I accidentally read "Dragons of Summer Flame" which I assumed came after "Dragons of Spring Dawning" and there was a huge gap. I was able to read it but I missed some parts and there were some spoilers for Legends as well.

Thanks!

message 2: by Stephen (new)

Stephen | 2 comments http://www.amazon.com/Best-dragonlanc...

this list is right on. I also really enjoyed The Legend of Huma (for backstory) and Kaz the Minotaur (for Kaz)

message 3: by Adriano (new)

Adriano | 3 comments Thanks. I don't know if reading Soul Forge would be best to do before reading The Chronicles. I can imagine some of the mysteries of Raistlin would be revealed too early. So far I am happy didnt know any more about him before I started the Chronicles. May have ruined the fun.

message 4: by Aaron (last edited Sep 18, 2012 12:23PM) (new)

Aaron  Pellegrini | 6 comments Here is a list of what I went by..

After Chronicles and Legends, I started with the historical books, then onto the 5th Age & War of Souls. Hope this helps

http://www.dlnexus.com/products/chron...

message 5: by Addie (new)

Addie LeMaster (BabygirlsBookTalk) I've read the first two in Chronicles and am now reading Soul Forge it actually is helping me to understand a lot of why what happens with the others as well as Raistlin. There is a rather big focus on his and Caramon's relationship and such which makes it so I don't want to just beat them both over the head anymore. Before they were my least favorite characters and now that I see the back story of them all together I understand a lot more. I get why Tanis goes to Raistlin and why Caramon is so loyal to a rude brother.

message 6: by James (new)

James | 6 comments Regarding The Companions, here is my list
Kindred Spirits
Wanderlust
Dark Heart
The Oath and the Measure
Steel and Stone
The Companions
Darkness and Light
Kendermore
Brothers Majere
Riverwind the Plainsman
Flint the King
Tanis, the Shadow Years
Dragons of Autumn Twilight
Dragons of the Dwarven Depths
Dragons of Winter Night
Dragons of the Highlord Skies
Dragons of Spring Dawning
Dragons of the Hourglass Mage
Time of the Twins
War of the Twins
Test of the Twins
It may be incomplete, but covers the Companions first meeting and adventures, the five years they spent apart, the reunion, and the War of the Lance... and the Margaret Weis, Tracy Hickman books are incredible.