Zombies! discussion

Movies and TV > Resident EVil movies

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dr. Evil (new)

Dr. Evil (jake) | 11 comments What do you all think of the Resident Evil movies? I think that they were really well done and has anyone seen Resident Evil:Extiction

message 2: by Fredstrong (new)

Fredstrong | 36 comments I like them. They are faithful to the video game, and they really capture that feeling of desertion, and menace, even if the Rancid/Tyrant tie ins do get a bit cheesy. Fun stuff

message 3: by Alex (new)

Alex (alexinmadison) I saw Extinction. Thought it was fun - nothing earth-shattering but certainly a good way to kill a couple of hours. I've said it before and I'll say it again: there's little better than watching Milla Jovovich and Oded Fehr kicking ass. Hot and hotter.

message 4: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 21, 2007 09:19AM) (new)

The first Resident Evil was fun for fans of the game. The second Resident Evil was fun for fans of the game and the zombie genre. The third Resident Evil is a festering pile of pus-y feces.

message 5: by David (new)

David Forsythe (jerkface) | 3 comments I might have to disagree with your assessment of Extinction there, Brenden. The 3rd Resident Evil is fun for Fans of BMW motorcycles and people who like piles of semi-naked Milla Jovovichs.

Other than that, it did fester a little.

message 6: by Ana (new)

Ana | 3 comments I was really excited when I heard about Resident Evil because the games were so great. I liked one and two but I hadn't gotten around to watching three yet. It sounds like it's worth a watch....and I agree with Alex - hot and hotter!

message 7: by Caroline (new)

Caroline I really enjoyed all three movies, even though none of them were particularly fantastic. They're cheesy zombie movies, with plenty of eye-candy (Milla + Oded = win) to keep fans happy.

I actually really enjoyed Extinction, but I was biased the moment I first saw promotional material and realized Milla was running around with a set of kukris. It definitely was the weakest of the three for me, but I still had a blast watching it and plan on picking up a copy on DVD when it's released.

The Crimson Fucker (feanor01) I cant belive that I'm saying this
but I totally agree with Brendan... the first 2 were really good. the third one well how to say this it $&%*#(^ sux.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

NOW I like Alfonso.

message 10: by Cookie (new)

Cookie (cookie_beck) | 36 comments I loved the first one, it scared me when I saw it in the theatre, but it was also still fun to watch. I know Milla got shout-outs to her hotness, but I gotta say.. I had a girl crush on Michelle Rodriguez in that movie.

The 2nd one I thought was fun, and the third one was pretty cool. I just never liked them as much as I liked the first one, though. Still cool, just not as scary to me.

Or maybe my heart is just still broken over losing Michelle. *hand to forehead, cue the music*

message 11: by Thee_ron_clark (new)

Thee_ron_clark | 48 comments They aren't my favorite zombie or horror films, although I did enjoy all three of them as easy to watch and entertaining films. Personally, I liked the first and third better than the second. I'll have a fresh copy of the third soon so I can rewatch it and try to figure out why so many people disliked it. I enjoyed the total apocalypse bit myself.

I don't have much experience playing any of the Resident Evil games so I can't base my opinions on that. Sure, I can think of several things that would have made these better but I have that same opinion of most films.

message 12: by Dr. Evil (new)

Dr. Evil (jake) | 11 comments I would say that the first two movies were much better than the third. I would also have to say that the first movie was much better than the 2nd or 3rd.

What i'm trying to say is that the 2nd but mostly the 3rd had a lot of faults. It's impossible for one woman to be a killing machine with no faults whatsoever.

message 13: by Cookie (new)

Cookie (cookie_beck) | 36 comments "It's impossible for one woman to be a killing machine with no faults whatsoever."

Not true. I'm living proof. ESPECIALLY the "no faults" part.

The Crimson Fucker (feanor01) if i were to try to pinpoint the reason why this movie sux so much I'd provably blame it on how the movie fails to bring that feeling from the games... i don't know how to call it. that claustrophobic feeling when you don't know whats next but you know its gonna be ugly and that you are unprepared, low in ammunition and you dont have enough intel of whats going on... that paranoic sensation that you have to keep moving or you'll die if you dont do something... i suppose one could call it the survival factor of the Resident Evil games... i don't know thats just how i feel when i play Resident Evil.

message 15: by Fredstrong (new)

Fredstrong | 36 comments I know what you're talking about Alfonso, but alot of that has to do with the fact that you're mostly alone, and the only sound is the opening of drawers, rustling of papers, or moaning of a zombie when you come upon it. The necessity of discourse, and action, in a movie ruin that desolate feel of the game.

message 16: by Karen (new)

Karen | 3 comments Just watched resident evil: extiction
Thought it was pretty good, thinking there will be a 4th one.. Awesome!!!

message 17: by Thee_ron_clark (new)

Thee_ron_clark | 48 comments Karen,

My understanding is that Extinction is the last in the film series. Originally, statements were made that the third and fourth films were to be filmed in unison but it seems that has changed. I would like to see a fourth as well.

message 18: by Karen (new)

Karen | 3 comments Well, would be nice to see a fourth. They are GOOD movies...Already watched it 4 times....