Dark Tower discussion

Book 7 wraps up but misses some characters

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by F (new)

F (fraygos) | 8 comments ***Poissbile spoilers concerning other characters in books of Stephen King and Black House ending***

Hello. I read DT a while back. A thing I was hoping for was that he would bring his other characters from other books in to give closure. The boy from insomnia, that preacher from salems lot, Dennis and Thomas (mentioned in DT 2 fleetingly), The psychic from Hearts in Atlantis and that other psychic from that book Everythings Eventual to name a few. However the big FAIL for me was Jack from Talisman/Black House. When Black House ended they specifically point to the fact that Jack still has work to do that will play an important role beside just the Beams and Breakers. They even have him carried away to go do a mission. Did I misread this? Was I supposed to assume this was code for him dying? King made it feel like there was more for Jack to do and after reading the Final DT book and not reading him there was a mildly disappointment. Did I miss him? Was he mentioned?

Was there anyone else mentioned in other King books that did not appear in the main DT story indirectly?

Otherwise it was still an amazing journey.

message 2: by Jason (new)

Jason | 1 comments I don't believe Jack was mentioned in DT7 at all but I do recall reading a rumor a while back that SK and PS were working on or intended to work on a 3rd book after The Talisman and Black House. Maybe it will take place before the events of DT7 and Jack does something crucial for the safety of the Tower? Not sure when or if it will happen.

message 3: by Micheal (new)

Micheal Shea | 3 comments Yeah I remember rumors that Jack would join the cast of the Dark Tower.

There are other characters that I think could have been easily added. Like Danny from the Shining could have been a breaker and Nick from the Langoliers would have fit in just fine with Roland's crew.

message 4: by Connor (new)

Connor Luedtke | 3 comments Hopefully, if Doctor Sleeps does come out, we will see Danny involved in The Dark Tower.

message 5: by Shell (new)

Shell (shellcampbell) | 16 comments It would be so great if there was some link between Jack and the safety of the Tower!

message 6: by Monica (new)

Monica (catshark209) | 24 comments All things serve the Beam after all. Maybe in the future (I'm sure hoping so) Jack's story will be fleshed out.

message 7: by Dan, Lobstrocity Enthusiast (new)

Dan Schwent (akagunslinger) | 97 comments Mod
Joe Hill's NOS4A2 had a couple Dark Tower references in it. Maybe King's planning on handing the Dark Tower off to his sons in a few years.

message 8: by Monica (new)

Monica (catshark209) | 24 comments Oh I loved those references! I wonder if he'd take the series into another direction or stay on the Path his father walked?

message 9: by Dan, Lobstrocity Enthusiast (new)

Roland could draw a completely different group of people with Joe at the helm.

message 10: by Monica (new)

Monica (catshark209) | 24 comments Wow think of the possibilities...

message 11: by Dan, Lobstrocity Enthusiast (new)

Damn, now I want to reread the series again...

message 12: by Monica (new)

Monica (catshark209) | 24 comments Me too. I just finished one this summer too. I may after Dr Sleep.

message 13: by Dan, Lobstrocity Enthusiast (new)

I led the reread on here in 2011. 2014 sounds right for a reread.

message 14: by Monica (new)

Monica (catshark209) | 24 comments Let me know, I'll be there :-)

message 15: by Shell (new)

Shell (shellcampbell) | 16 comments I couldn't help myself... I was planning on waiting until next year but I started last weekend.