Book Junkies discussion

Archives > Corpse Bride

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (faize) | 1090 comments Mod
How did you like Corpse Bride? Good? Bad? Weird? Post a comment and let us know what you think!

message 2: by Hannah (new)

This is a Burton movie; 'nuff said. It was awesome.

message 3: by Nagwa (new)

Nagwa Kureshi (NagwaKureshi) | 44 comments yay!!! Corpse Bride...so happy to see it win!
Gone with the Wind is a classic... My mum's fav actually. She'd b really pleased too hear me appreciate it. :))

message 4: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany McFly (tiffmcfly) I'm a massive fan of Tim Burton and I did enjoy the film but I don't see myself watching it multiple times like I do with other films.

message 5: by Kimmel (last edited Sep 12, 2012 11:07PM) (new)

Kimmel Ciel | 12 comments The thing I love most about this movie is the soundtrack!!! I mean Danny Elfman has always been awesome but I specifically love Corpse Bride's OST. I also think this is one of the better Burton animations. Some of his works lately have become repetitive and predictable.

message 6: by Hannah (new)

Danny Elfman is a GENIUS!!

The ultimate movie-making team would have to be: Johnnny Depp + Tim Burton + Helena Bonham Carter + Danny Elfman = EPIC:D

message 7: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany McFly (tiffmcfly) As much as I do love that team I wish Burton stepped out of his comfort zone and had something REALLY different from what he does.
Like Frankenweenie doesn't really have the actors everyone expect but it still has actors he has used in previous films.
And I was upset to see that he was re-doing it, the old short film used to be my favorite as little kid!

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lburgessart) | 39 comments I like the cultural history portrayed in Gone With The Wind--I didn't enjoy the length of the movie especially.

message 9: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lburgessart) | 39 comments Corpse bride is right up there with Beetlejuice--It is on my Halloween all-nighter movie list every year

message 10: by Owaiz (new)

Owaiz I've seen it. Very awesome and fun. And I loved the songs in it.

message 11: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra Giovanni | 156 comments Two things freak me out a lot...claymation movies and Tim Burton. AKA this movie really freaks me out, but not as much as The Nightmare Before Christmas...I really can't stand that one...makes my skin crawl!
I hope you guys enjoy it though!

message 12: by Owaiz (new)

Owaiz Cassandra wrote: "Two things freak me out a lot...claymation movies and Tim Burton. AKA this movie really freaks me out, but not as much as The Nightmare Before Christmas...I really can't stand that one...makes my s..."

I haven't seen The Nightmare Before Christmas, but Corpse Bride was good.

message 13: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra Giovanni | 156 comments If you liked Corpses Bride, you would probably enjoy The Nightmare Before Christmas.

message 14: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany McFly (tiffmcfly) Cassandra wrote: "If you liked Corpses Bride, you would probably enjoy The Nightmare Before Christmas."
Agreed, The Nightmare Before Christmas is just a classic!

message 15: by Hannah (new)

Tim Burton's animation movies are kind of an acquired taste, if you know what I mean.

message 16: by Kimmel (new)

Kimmel Ciel | 12 comments Faize wrote: "Tim Burton's animation movies are kind of an acquired taste, if you know what I mean."

I think I know what you mean, but I still think it's partly because he keeps making things that are similar to one another. If he was trying to explore new things once in a while his fanbase wouldn't be so limited.

message 17: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany McFly (tiffmcfly) ^Yes, that's exactly it. His normal, live-action films are absolutely amazing, and he's definitely the best at what he does in that sense.
But after The Nightmare Before Christmas and James and the Giant Peach the magic in stop animation kind of fizzles down.

message 18: by Tammie (new)

Tammie | 12 comments Cassandra wrote: "Two things freak me out a lot...claymation movies and Tim Burton. AKA this movie really freaks me out, but not as much as The Nightmare Before Christmas...I really can't stand that one...makes my s..."
I'm 100% with you on that Cassandra! Gives me the heebie geebies!

message 19: by Heidi (new)

Heidi I'm the Oogie Boogie Man!