Gather Yourselves Together discussion

Off-Topic > Random Talk

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicolle (last edited Feb 04, 2009 10:14AM) (new)

Nicolle | 49 comments So, it's snowing real heavy and now it's turned to ice! I can hardly get anywhere by car!

message 2: by Erich (new)

Erich Franz Linner-Guzmann (erichfranzlinnerguzmann) | 81 comments Yeah, that is what I heard. That is crazy... Does it snow often? I heard that in London they don't have any snow plows! Is that true? The weather here in Salt Lake City has been pretty good lately! Well I guess it depends on what you consider good. It has been sunny and about 4°C :) So some of the snow is melting! Still at my house though we still have about a meter and a half on some parts :( Maybe I'll go make an igloo!

message 3: by Nicolle (new)

Nicolle | 49 comments lol, igloo's are cool,i like when they build whole hotels out of ice!
I had never seen 'proper snow' in my life until last christmas. Then it snowed in MARCH!? which is spring time. Then about November and now. The gritters and snow ploughers are always too late and are rubbish at their jobs. London came to a standstill!!! no underground or buses! I live in the northwest and we still had it v.bad we were on the news loads!!! p.s. what time is it there
p.p.s. 4 degrees celcius is considered good?!

message 4: by Erich (new)

Erich Franz Linner-Guzmann (erichfranzlinnerguzmann) | 81 comments it is almost 12:30 p.m. here, what about where you are at? Around this time of year it is not a bad temp for the day. At night it gets well below zero. I live in the Rocky Mountains and the elevation is pretty high. Tons of skiing and snowboarding around these parts.

message 5: by Nicolle (new)

Nicolle | 49 comments OOOooo-er I don't like the cold :S Love heat and sunshine.
it's 7.41pm so i'm a few hour ahead (7)
The weather is strange here. It gets as cold as -7.5 and as hot as 34 degrees celcius. quite a big range.

message 6: by Becca (new)

Becca | 160 comments Happy Birthday Erich!

message 7: by Nicolle (new)

Nicolle | 49 comments mmmm cream eggs

message 8: by Becca (new)

Becca | 160 comments I have decided while I am on vacation I am not going to post, but I will catch up as soon as I get back (on the 18th)

message 9: by Nicolle (new)

Nicolle | 49 comments ok have a good 1 x

message 10: by Erich (new)

Erich Franz Linner-Guzmann (erichfranzlinnerguzmann) | 81 comments Thanks Becca!!!

message 11: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany | 194 comments Mod
Yeah. Happy birthday yesterday Eric. I hope it was fun. I bet you spent it with awesome people and got awesome presents. Yeah, I bet.

message 12: by Tiffany (new)

Random little tidbit that I think is rad:

If you google "gather yourselves together" our bookclub comes up as the 4th link out of like, 825,000. If you google "gather yourselves together bookclub" we are number one!

I think that is so rad! We beat out so many Philip K. Dick references and scripture references. Congratulations to us.

message 13: by Meredith (new)

Meredith | 155 comments Wow, that might be the awesomest thing I've ever heard! Go us!

message 14: by Nicolle (new)

Nicolle | 49 comments wow...we are officially googlized

message 15: by Nicolle (new)

Nicolle | 49 comments It's 7th on my google!! :O

message 16: by Tiffany (new)

Ahh man, we may have been knocked down... I don't know. Let's do something to get ourselves on top. A fundraiser anyone?

message 17: by Erich (new)

Erich Franz Linner-Guzmann (erichfranzlinnerguzmann) | 81 comments Amazon.co.uk jumped ni front of us :( I gave it a thumbs up in StumbleUpon and submitted it on Digg. I put it on Reddit and also put a bunch of portals to it data points on it. Haha, so I hope that will help ;)

message 18: by Nicolle (new)

Nicolle | 49 comments 6th now!! keep going!! lol

message 19: by Becca (new)

Becca | 160 comments I just googled us and we have dropped to 4th :(

message 20: by Nicolle (new)

Nicolle | 49 comments Still 6th on my google lol

message 21: by Tiffany (new)

Huzzah! We're number three on my google. Just below "big business" amazon and wikipedia. People are always knocking us "ma and pa" people down. It's sad really.

Can I just say I am so tired. I didn't get to sleep til 3:30 this morning and I had to teach class today, all day and now class and then grad school application stuff and homework and, and, and...

Sorry. I just needed to complain.

message 22: by Becca (new)

Becca | 160 comments Humm I wonder what who you were doing until 3:30

message 23: by Tiffany (new)

I wish it were a question of 'who'. The situation was more like: I was home all alone in my too big house and was scared to death. DEATH! Literally, I died. For one minute. Then I came back to life. It was crazy.

How do you cross out words like that? It reminds me of Perez. Ha ha.

message 24: by Becca (last edited Feb 25, 2009 03:54PM) (new)

Becca | 160 comments To do a "strike text"

X>Word

Except DON'T put the X in it. I had to do that to prevent it from just doing this word

message 25: by Erich (last edited Feb 27, 2009 01:53PM) (new)

Erich Franz Linner-Guzmann (erichfranzlinnerguzmann) | 81 comments Here are some more fun codes:

bold text: ...
italic text: ...
underline text: ...
indent text: ...
blockquote: ...
paragraph: ...

message 26: by Tiffany (new)

Thank ya, thank ya.

message 27: by Tiffany (new)

I mean, Thanks

message 28: by Tiffany (new)

Let's all honor the death of Philip K. Dick, who died 27 years ago today. I honored him by eating a bowl of ice cream and starting Ubik... and going for a run. You will be missed Phil.

message 29: by Tiffany (new)

HOLY COW! We're number one on my google!!! Woohoo! Let's honor that too!

message 30: by Becca (new)

Becca | 160 comments i honored both by taking an hour nap to reflect on them

message 31: by Erich (new)

Erich Franz Linner-Guzmann (erichfranzlinnerguzmann) | 81 comments I honored him by reading Galactic Pot Healer and then starting Ubik :) PKD Rocks!

message 32: by Tiffany (new)

I like both of those ideas. I'm glad you had time to reflect Becca and I am glad you are reading Ubik also, Eric. I also honored his memory by starting Ubik. And I ate a bowl of ice cream too. PKDFL!

message 33: by Tiffany (new)

Let April 8, 2009 be a day of sorrow for all (okay, MOST) of us. I regret to inform my fellow "Name of the Wind" fans, but the book will not be coming out in April. In fact, it shall not be coming out anytime soon.

I had it preordered on B&N and I just got an email from them regretting to inform me of this terrible news. So I got onto Pat's blog and he said that it was really up in the air as to when it would be out, but probably not for a long while.

message 34: by Erich (new)

Erich Franz Linner-Guzmann (erichfranzlinnerguzmann) | 81 comments Well on the bright side of this for me is now I get to read it with everyone else, because now it gives me a little more time to read the first one!

message 35: by Becca (new)

Becca | 160 comments Name of the Wind

Why Oh Why. It doesn't make since. It is obviously already written since it was supposed to come out soon and has probably even had copies printed. Why do they hate us so much.

message 36: by Tiffany (new)

He said he's adding in more to the book. He said that he felt some of the scenes weren't complete. He said even if it were done, they take months to get through the printing process. He said it isn't done though. He said... he said... he said...

The Wise Man's Fear (the second in the name of the wind series) was actually suppossed to be published last April I believe (2008). But then his mom or dad passed away, so he took some time off. And now a year later, it's still not here. I am starting to get angry now.