Caught (The Missing, #5) Caught discussion

Any guesses? SPOILERS!

Comments (showing 1-14 of 14) (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christina (last edited Oct 18, 2013 03:35AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Christina So does anyone have any guesses as to who Jonah is?

Update: 10/18/2013- As more books come out, we will be eliminating options so if you aren't current with the series, maybe you shouldn't read this thread!

Kaitlin I have no idea, MPH has said she's limited details on his physical appearance, so it's not too easy to guess. So I guess that means he's somewhat well known?

Christina Should I guess? I know who I want it to be...

Hailey Maybe hes ELVIS!!!!!! Jk....
He could be.....
George Washington
Abe Linchon
William Shakespere
Lewis or Clark.....

The list goes on and on

Kaitlin Christina wrote: "Should I guess? I know who I want it to be..."

Who? Do you want it to be, I mean...

Christina I want it to be Alexis Romanov. I'm a Russian major. But who else could it be? He could be the Charles Lindbergh baby. But the upside of Alexis Romanov is that they can combine two kids' stories in one book and have one of the girls be Anastasia.

I bet one of the children is Anne Frank. Maybe that will be book six.

But aren't there still a whole bunch of kids left over? Maybe Haddix is not going to tell all of their stories.

message 7: by Lucas (new)

Lucas Well, I guess it's hard to tell. But Charles Lindbergh sounds fascinating (I have absolutely no idea who he is but his name is snappy). As for the other kids, I guess at the end of the book they'll have like a part where they like briefly tell how everyone else got saved.

Erica Charles Lindbergh was a famous pilot. He got compared to Amelia Earhart a lot, they even called her Lindy sometimes. His baby son was kidnapped and there was this huge media frenzy. Baby Charles is one of the most famous missing children from history so it makes sense that she'd think to include him.
I'd love it if one of the girls turned out to be Jennie Lee Curtis or Abigail Williams, but no one else seems to care about them. I'm a huge Anastasia fanatic and I've heard the next book is about the Romanov kids (finally! I've waited five years for this!). But I've also heard that Jonah's identity won't be revealed until the final book so he's probably not Alexis.
The Missing Children wiki lists Charles Lindbergh III along with someone called Henry Fountain but I can't find a canon source.

message 9: by Lucas (new)

Lucas In the first book, Charles Lindbergh III was mentioned in the plane list seat thing.

Christina Oops. I totally forgot I was the one who started this thread. Well bummer that Jonah won't be Alexis, but I am glad they are doing that story. I guess I would have been shocked if that had not been a story.

I can't remember, do they have to be missing children? Could they be missing adults since no matter how old they were when they were missing, they are all converted to babies? In that case we could include people like Jimmy Hoffa and Richard III. It's been a while so I can't remember the details of all that.

message 11: by Lucas (new)

Lucas I suppose it's possible.

☾ Midnight Meets Moonlight ☽ Christina wrote: "I want it to be Alexis Romanov. I'm a Russian major. "

I WANT HIM TO BE ALEXEI TOO! i'm in LOVE withe the Romanov story.

☾ Midnight Meets Moonlight ☽ Hailey wrote: "Maybe hes ELVIS!!!!!! Jk....
He could be.....
George Washington
Abe Linchon
William Shakespere
Lewis or Clark.....

The list goes on and on"

you do realize it has to be a missing CHILD from history?