Southern California Events discussion

Jesse Cozean
This topic is about Jesse Cozean
Duarte Festival of Authors

Comments (showing 1-3 of 3) (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jesse (new)

Jesse Cozean | 2 comments Hey Everyone,

Glad to meet other Southern California bookworms! I just wanted to make everyone aware that the Duarte Festival of Authors is coming up on October 6th. It's an all-day event with some of the best authors of Southern California, food trucks, games - a great day to meet local authors and learn about new books.

This is going to be my first year participating, and I'm very excited about it. I'll be there, hanging out and selling copies of My Grandfather's War, my first book. It's the true story of my grandfather's capture at the Battle of the Bulge, imprisonment in a Nazi POW camp, and liberation by General Patton, all told me after he went through open-heart surgery and came to live with me towards the end of his life.

Hope to see you there!

Jesse Cozean

My Grandfather's War A Young Man's Lessons from the Greatest Generation by Jesse CozeanMy Grandfather's War: A Young Man's Lessons from the Greatest Generation

message 2: by Jenn (new)

Jenn Cooksey (JennCooksey) This sounds awesome, Jesse, as does your book! I would love to go and participate; I just don't know how to go about doing that for one thing (LOL), and I'm not sure I could sneak away again after my upcoming trip to San Diego next weekend. :-/ Any info you can share would be appreciated though, and if I can't actually make it and don't get the opportunity to tell you in person, I hope you have an excellent time and that this event does great things for you and your book!!

message 3: by Jesse (new)

Jesse Cozean | 2 comments Jenn wrote: "This sounds awesome, Jesse, as does your book! I would love to go and participate; I just don't know how to go about doing that for one thing (LOL), and I'm not sure I could sneak away again after ..."

Hey Jenn,

Thanks! And San Diego is certainly a more tempting visit than Duarte ;)

For more information: I believe that you can still be added if you'd like. Registration costs about $125, I believe. I have no idea whether it will be worth it or not, since this is my first time, but I thought I'd give it a shot and at least have a fun day of it and meet some other authors. If you're thinking about going, I get get you the email address of the woman running it.

I hope you don't mind if I add you as a friend - I just got involved here, and what's the point of a social media site if you can't have more friends online than in real life?

Jesse Cozean

P.S. If Shark Bait is half as funny as your profile, it's going to be a great read.