She-Geeks discussion

Manga > Who is your favorite character?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 58 (58 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Ash (last edited Sep 30, 2012 12:30PM) (new)

Ash Mill (ashmill) | 43 comments My favorite girl is max but i have a tide for my favorie guy. One is Iggy he is just so cute and the pther is a sercet until u read the other 4 books. I cant wait for the sixth manga to come out!!! I aslo like Hikaru from Ouran High School Host Club. But one of my all time favorites are the characters in dramacon.

message 2: by Kay Lotus, Red Queen (last edited Sep 12, 2012 10:04PM) (new)

Kay Lotus (ayokayo) | 249 comments Mod
Major Motoko! I have yet to come across a character that can remotely touch the pure badassness that she embodies.

message 3: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Tarn (barbaragtarn) Only one? Sigh. Can I give a list?

message 4: by Bian (new)

Bian Definitely Victorique de Blois.

message 5: by Ash (new)

Ash Mill (ashmill) | 43 comments Kay wrote: "Major Motoko! I have yet to come across a character that can remotely touch the pure badassness that she embodies."

sure list them all

message 6: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Tarn (barbaragtarn) Ryo Saeba (because he's funny)
Video Girl Ai
Mr Yo a.k.a. Crying Freeman (drool!)
Grifis of Berserk
OK, maybe that's it. But I love everything drawn by Hojo or Ikegami, no matter the story! ;)

message 7: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Mitchell (Fabulousness) | 14 comments Konata Izumi.
I don't even know why.

message 8: by JaeRavenClaw (new)

JaeRavenClaw (angelouspeacock) I always have and always will love Sailor Moon. she was my first anime and I collect just about everything I can with Sailor Moon, including writing fan fiction.

message 9: by Meghana (new)

Meghana (megsnewcar) Tooooo many! I love all of the characters in Kimi ni Todoke a lot, though, so I'm going to pick that whole ensemble: Kazehaya, Sawako, Ryuu, Chizu and Ayane.

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 133 comments Edward Elric....I know I know. I can't help myself. He's so adorable.

message 11: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Mikan Sakura from Gakuen Alice!

message 12: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Mitchell (Fabulousness) | 14 comments @Jennifer
And short.

message 13: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 133 comments @Hanna

"Who are you calling a microscopic half pint who didn't grow up because he doesn't drink milk??!!"

Hahahaha!

message 14: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 133 comments Oops

message 15: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 133 comments I meant @Jessica.

Sorry Hanna.

: /

message 16: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Mitchell (Fabulousness) | 14 comments @Jennifer
IF YOU DON'T DRINK YOUR MILK YOU'LL BE PUNY FOREVER!

message 17: by Hannah (new)

Hannah @Jennifer it's okay XD why is this thread suddenly about milk all of a sudden? Does it have to do with FMA?

message 18: by Anna (Bananas) (new)

Anna (Bananas) | 758 comments There seem to be a lot of female Manga fans and I'm curious, what is the appeal? What do you like about it?I've just never read any and don't know much about it. Same thing on Anime.
I looooove comic books though.

message 19: by Lashya (new)

Lashya Wilson | 94 comments ALL OF MINE Are from the Bleach Manga/Anime Series.

My Overall Favorite Male is Shunsui Kyouraku.
My Overall Favorite FeMale is Sui-Feng or Soi-Fon, whatever the pronunciation is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 20: by Dimah (new)

Dimah | 8 comments Just one? Aww shucks.
Well, probably Prince Ludwig from Kaori Yuki's Ludwig Kakumei.

message 21: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 133 comments @Hanna

Yes, it's an FMA thing. =)

@Annaloree

I love it for a lot of the same reasons that I love comic books: the artwork, the story, the characters. But honestly I've not read very much Manga. I'm kindof a newbie on that. But for starters, its just a lot of fun to read a book backwards and in black and white. Of course there is a lot more to it than that. Maybe I should let one of the experts answer that. =)

message 22: by Anna (Bananas) (new)

Anna (Bananas) | 758 comments Chimney wrote: "Annaloree wrote: "There seem to be a lot of female Manga fans and I'm curious, what is the appeal? What do you like about it?I've just never read any and don't know much about it. Same thing on Ani..."

What would you recommend for starting out?

message 23: by Buffy (new)

Buffy (buffywuffy) Annaloree wrote: "Chimney wrote: "Annaloree wrote: "There seem to be a lot of female Manga fans and I'm curious, what is the appeal? What do you like about it?I've just never read any and don't know much about it. S..."

I got started on Fruits Basket. I love the characters and the story line is very sweet and fun. It's also a bit dark. You should give it a try. :)

message 24: by Atm (new)

Atm (aryes) | 21 comments I LOVE ALL Manga characters i would need 20 pages to list the characters i like. :)

message 25: by Anna (Bananas) (new)

Anna (Bananas) | 758 comments B L wrote: "Annaloree wrote: "Chimney wrote: "Annaloree wrote: "There seem to be a lot of female Manga fans and I'm curious, what is the appeal? What do you like about it?I've just never read any and don't kno..."

Thx! I will check it out.

message 26: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Tarn (barbaragtarn) Annaloree wrote: "There seem to be a lot of female Manga fans and I'm curious, what is the appeal? What do you like about it?I've just never read any and don't know much about it. Same thing on Anime.
I looooove co..."

I like the less manga-ish, I guess, as both Ikegami and Hojo don't have a true manga stile (Ikegami draws like Hong Kong artists).
I used to love shounen-ai, but now I don't like them anymore - boooring, seme/uke stories! ;)

message 27: by Anna (Bananas) (new)

Anna (Bananas) | 758 comments Oh no Barbara, you lost me there. I barely know what manga is! :)

Chimney, holy crap, 20 volumes? Well, if I like the art I'll dive in regardless. I do love romance in books and comics. That always keeps me interested in a story. I like a weird or interesting hook. Anything to do with fairy tales. Examples: Fables, Preacher, Y: The Last Man, Saga, Mind the Gap, Kabuki.

message 28: by Anna (Bananas) (new)

Anna (Bananas) | 758 comments Those all sound good Chimney. Thank you again!

message 29: by Anna (Bananas) (new)

Anna (Bananas) | 758 comments Nice! An employee at my comic shop recommended Fables to me. It took a couple books for me to get really into it but it quickly became a favorite. They use so many different characters from fables and fairy tales and even nursery rhymes, from all different countries, everyone from Snow White to Robin Hood to Baba Yaga. And when you find out who the big bad villian of the series is, it's amusing but it works really well.

message 30: by Anna (Bananas) (new)

Anna (Bananas) | 758 comments Also, the cover artist, James Jean, is a favorite now. He did something like 77 covers I think.

message 31: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Tarn (barbaragtarn) Anna wrote: "Oh no Barbara, you lost me there. I barely know what manga is! :)

Chimney, holy crap, 20 volumes? Well, if I like the art I'll dive in regardless. I do love romance in books and comics. That alway..."

shounen-ai are m/m comics written by women for women. So if you like slash, for example, you might enjoy shounen-ai. If you're not in the m/m written by women for women, just ignore the suggestion! ;)
Video Girl Ai is a fairly short manga and it's a sweet love story with a virtual girl (not shounen-ai). I don't recommend getting started on City Hunter and it's spin offs, or you'd never end! ;)
Oh, and I love "Y last man too"! :) *hides from manga-lovers on this thread*

message 32: by Anna (Bananas) (new)

Anna (Bananas) | 758 comments Barbara wrote: "Anna wrote: "Oh no Barbara, you lost me there. I barely know what manga is! :)

Chimney, holy crap, 20 volumes? Well, if I like the art I'll dive in regardless. I do love romance in books and comic..."

I'm getting into m/m novels so no problem there. Thanks for the recs.
Yeah, another Last Man fan!

message 33: by Mia (new)

Mia R (mightysnowwoman) | 15 comments Edward Elric, without a doubt. :)

message 34: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 133 comments Mia wrote: "Edward Elric, without a doubt. :)"

Yay! Another one!

We should start a "we love Edward Elric" discussion page or something.

message 35: by Ash (new)

Ash Mill (ashmill) | 43 comments Jennifer wrote: "Mia wrote: "Edward Elric, without a doubt. :)"

Yay! Another one!

We should start a "we love Edward Elric" discussion page or something."

You guys are right he is cute but i also like conel Mustang

message 36: by Ash (new)

Ash Mill (ashmill) | 43 comments Also boris(cheshire cat) and Blood De'Pure (mad hatter) from alice and the country of hearts it is a must read

message 37: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 133 comments @Ashton
You'd get along great with my sister. She's in love with Colonel Mustang.

message 38: by Ash (new)

Ash Mill (ashmill) | 43 comments Jennifer wrote: "@Ashton
You'd get along great with my sister. She's in love with Colonel Mustang."

LOL i think i would

message 39: by Lottie (new)

Lottie Eve (lottieeve) | 16 comments Ace from Alice in the country of hearts and Gasai Yuno from Future Diary!

message 40: by Kika96 (new)

Kika96 Ashton wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "@Ashton
You'd get along great with my sister. She's in love with Colonel Mustang."

LOL i think i would"

Haha, then so would I. I'm in love with him and Edward as well!

message 41: by Kika96 (new)

Kika96 Haha, I also love the jokes about milk made above!

message 42: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 133 comments Kika96 wrote: "Haha, I also love the jokes about milk made above!"

Yay!!

message 43: by Anne Sofie (new)

Anne Sofie (annesofielovesmozart) Kon from Bleach :D

message 44: by Joyce (new)

Joyce Allen | 3 comments hibari kyoya from katekyo hitman reborn. :)

message 45: by Joyce (new)

Joyce Allen | 3 comments Chimney wrote: "Joyce, Hibari is awesome!"

I know, right? :) Hibari is just so cool. His cold personality somehow became his asset.

message 46: by james (new)

james (taya_j) L from Deathnote!

message 47: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 133 comments Anyone starting to read D. Gray-man yet??

message 48: by Phia (new)

Phia (phial) Pin from Kimi ni Todoke and Komui (D.Gray-Man)!!! :3

message 49: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 133 comments Komui? Haha! He's funny. My sister likes him because the voice actor that plays him in the anime (English dub) is the same as Sebastian from Black Butler.

message 50: by Lottie (new)

Lottie Eve (lottieeve) | 16 comments Xerxes Break from Pandora Hearts :)

« previous 1