Vampire Books Fans, Fangs and Writers discussion

Write a Vampire book > Cover art designs

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gemma (last edited Sep 12, 2012 08:16AM) (new)

Gemma Newey (GemmaNewey) | 19 comments This is the cover art design for my first novel, once it's finished! Loved to know what you think!

description

The story is based around four main characters. Two female university friends and a vampire and his friend who is part vamp, part lycan.

If you would like to read more please check out, bloodsoakedlips.yolasite.com

message 2: by Francis (new)

Francis Franklin (francisjamesfranklin) | 542 comments It's beautiful - I love it.

message 3: by Francis (new)

Francis Franklin (francisjamesfranklin) | 542 comments One thing though... Is it wise to have Rahne in 'Blood and Rain' when Rayne in 'BloodRayne' (game/film) is so popular?

message 4: by Gemma (new)

Gemma Newey (GemmaNewey) | 19 comments I don't foresee a problem. The two characters are distinctively different, plus I hadn't even thought of bloodrayne when writing the book and the main leading character, so there would be no reason sought by the reader to compare the two characters.

But thank you for pointing it out! And thank you for kind comment on the book cover!

message 5: by Gemma (last edited Sep 13, 2012 11:33AM) (new)

Gemma Newey (GemmaNewey) | 19 comments This is the design for my second book, which will be a series, called Twilight House - no there are no sparkly vampires in this book. I am already aware there will be comparisons to the Twilight Series but thats like with any book that has a similar wording in the title!

description

message 6: by Francis (new)

Francis Franklin (francisjamesfranklin) | 542 comments I can't figure it out. It looks to me like she's lying in a giant palm or being swallowed by a giant mouth.

message 7: by Gemma (new)

Gemma Newey (GemmaNewey) | 19 comments Shes lying on some steps and then there's a leaf design at the side to create a bit of elegance. I'll make the picture a little bigger!

message 8: by Rita (new)

Rita (rccola1945hotmailcom) | 513 comments She is laying, on a curved,stone staircase, with, maybe a vine,in branches of a tree, that she's looking through, to the sky, or a way out, of wherever, she is. Maybe theres a buttfly, or bird, in the vine above her.

message 9: by Sandrine (new)

Sandrine Genier | 133 comments Francis wrote: "I can't figure it out. It looks to me like she's lying in a giant palm or being swallowed by a giant mouth."

Yes, it totally looks like she is laying in a giant palm. Yikes.

message 10: by Rita (new)

Rita (rccola1945hotmailcom) | 513 comments I still see, a curved stone staircase, her looking, through the tree. Don't know that, she is happy, or just, very much at home, on those stairs. pictures, tell a lot, but sometimes, not all of the story. I can't see a palm at all?

message 11: by Rita (new)

Rita (rccola1945hotmailcom) | 513 comments Faye wrote: "This is the cover art design for my first novel, once it's finished! Loved to know what you think! I really like the cover!!! Go with it.

The story is based around four main characters. Two female university friends and a vampire and..."

message 12: by Rita (new)

Rita (rccola1945hotmailcom) | 513 comments Sounds, a lot like one of The Vampire Diaries, but sounds like it could be, a good read. Keep us posted on the release date. Really liked the cover. Very nice.

message 13: by Lanee (last edited Dec 11, 2012 11:27PM) (new)

Lanee Faulkner | 10 comments Francis wrote: "One thing though... Is it wise to have Rahne in 'Blood and Rain' when Rayne in 'BloodRayne' (game/film) is so popular?"

That Game really isn't that popular. I get odd looks when I cosplay her at game cons every few people even know the Franchise. About the only thing that is known is that the Movies Suck.

message 14: by Francis (new)

Francis Franklin (francisjamesfranklin) | 542 comments That they do...

message 15: by Rita (new)

Rita (rccola1945hotmailcom) | 513 comments Francis wrote: "That they do..."

Francis, reading from, Edwards point of view, was a lot different. James, the bad vampire, did a lot more damage to Bella. The Drs. had to put her, in a drug induced coma, because of, severe brain injuries. Her leg was broken in 3 places, & she could hardly move. She was in the hospital, a lot longer, than in the original, book. I tried to email it to my son, to print, but it wont do it. I'm glad, I have it as saved favorite. So many people want to know how I got it & where, but they can't get it with the site nos. I don't know, what to think about that. Really good though.

message 16: by Francis (new)

Francis Franklin (francisjamesfranklin) | 542 comments The Volturi have blessed you...

message 17: by Rita (new)

Rita (rccola1945hotmailcom) | 513 comments Francis wrote: "The Volturi have blessed you..."

HA! HA! Yes they did, & I'm so glad. I wish I knew just how I got it. Other people are tring now, to get it, But guess it has been pulled, cause I can't get it with the email, on the site, for some reason. Oh well,I can't do anything about it except, give a reviw, of it, which I've done. I'm blessed. What I read, has not been edited, so there are typos,& that sort of thing.

message 18: by Jeff (new)

Jeff Dawson | 63 comments This the current cover for Occupation. Occupation by Jeff Dawson
The original cover was too conroversail. I stil think it depicts the story quite well. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008...

message 19: by Rita (new)

Rita (rccola1945hotmailcom) | 513 comments Rita wrote: "Francis wrote: "The Volturi have blessed you..."

HA! HA! Yes they did, & I'm so glad. I wish I knew just how I got it. Other people are tring now, to get it, But guess it has been pulled, cause I ..."

I have found another site, fan fiction, & Midnight Sun, is being writtwn again,from another author. Or, I should say, working on being, an author. She is doing, a very good job of,tring to make it hers, & I'm suprised, at how good she is. I may tell her, about, goodreads. I will have to go back to get her name. No problem, I still have her information, as I'm not finished, with all of it.

message 20: by Gemma (new)

Gemma Newey (GemmaNewey) | 19 comments Jeff wrote: "This the current cover for Occupation. Occupation by Jeff Dawson
The original cover was too conroversail. I stil think it depicts the story quite well. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008AY..."

I like the cover, very interesting. Who did the cover design??

message 21: by Francis (new)

Francis Franklin (francisjamesfranklin) | 542 comments Hi Faye - I like the cover on your poetry book.

-

I'm currently working on a cover for a new release. See:
http://alinameridon.wordpress.com/201...

message 22: by Gemma (last edited Feb 18, 2013 04:42AM) (new)

Gemma Newey (GemmaNewey) | 19 comments Francis wrote: "Hi Faye - I like the cover on your poetry book.

-

I'm currently working on a cover for a new release. See:
http://alinameridon.wordpress.com/201..."

Thank you, I loved it when my friend sent it to me.

Oh and regarding your book cover ... I prefer the one on the left.

message 23: by Francis (new)

Francis Franklin (francisjamesfranklin) | 542 comments I do also, but it needs some minor tweaks.

message 24: by Gemma (new)

Gemma Newey (GemmaNewey) | 19 comments Francis wrote: "I do also, but it needs some minor tweaks."

Yeah I think the reflective water needs changing slightly and I think the font of the book title. But I could be wrong ... I don't design them, my friend does. But it's looking good! I still have my friend tweak my other book covers, a lot. I think I'm on the 4 design of each book cover! The one for my poetry book was the 3 version of it, before I was happy.

Do you design your own covers or have some one do it for you?

message 25: by Francis (new)

Francis Franklin (francisjamesfranklin) | 542 comments I trawl through Shutterstock looking for images that resonate in some way, then play around with them in Illustrator and Photoshop. The resulting covers tend to be relatively clean and simple in comparison to the professional covers like yours, but hopefully they make the right sort of impact.

message 26: by Gemma (new)

Gemma Newey (GemmaNewey) | 19 comments You should check out the photographers at deviant art, if you get their permission to use their photo, they can be a good source. Found a couple there myself.

I wouldn't say professional, my friend just does it for fun in her spare time. If you ever want help with one, I put you in touch with her.

message 27: by Francis (new)

Francis Franklin (francisjamesfranklin) | 542 comments Thanks - I may take you up on that one day.

I really mean professional in the sense of capable+artistic... I really suck at graphic art, much as I love playing with Adobe applications.

My friend Sylke did some fantastic illustrations for my first novel:
http://sylkstones.co.uk/illusUk6.htm

Deviant Art is great, but I've never been clear about how to purchase artwork from there.

message 28: by Gemma (new)

Gemma Newey (GemmaNewey) | 19 comments Francis wrote: "Thanks - I may take you up on that one day.

I really mean professional in the sense of capable+artistic... I really suck at graphic art, much as I love playing with Adobe applications.

My friend ..."

Very nice illustrations! With deviant art, actually I don't purchase the picture, I ask if I can use the picture as part of the book cover and then ask if they want copyright info included in the book information. Some ask to purchase, others just like recognition and are happy to give you permission to use the picture. Then it's a case of click and save.

I have that with the pictures for the cover designs of blod and rain, and twilight house ... Once I get them written!

Vampire Books Fans, Fangs and Writers

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Occupation (other topics)