The List The List discussion

Bridget *Spoiler*

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Amanda Inkenbrandt At the end of the book, Jennifer lists why she chose each girl. When she gets to Bridget, however, the thought is interrupted. Is it ever clarified why she chose Bridget?

Ellie Zumbach I don't think so. It goes on to say that Jennifer thinks she just deserved it, but that is about it.

message 3: by Raihan (new) - added it

Raihan Faqiri i really didn't read his book but knowing the fact that this author writes really good books i now that the minute i read the first chapter i'll fall in LOVE!:$

message 4: by Raihan (new) - added it

Raihan Faqiri this is a really nice book to read even though i never read it(i think this because the author is awesome)

Daphne Raihan wrote: "this is a really nice book to read even though i never read it(i think this because the author is awesome)"

Raihan wrote: "i really didn't read his book but knowing the fact that this author writes really good books I now that the minute i read the first chapter I'll fall in LOVE!:$"
Well, the conclusion sucked so much. There wasn't really an ending. The ending was "It was plastic". And she was talking about a crown. I mean, I was hoping for a really cool ending. The book was good until the end.

message 6: by Leah (last edited Nov 01, 2012 03:54PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leah I thought the ending was GREAT! I mean, it sums up the entire meaning of the book! But to each his own. :)

Bookworm Eh, it wasn't my favorite book.

Leah Mine either, but it was still pretty good.

Bookworm I didn't like all the points of view. There were too many, and that makes the book longer.

message 10: by Leah (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leah Yeah, I especially didn't like Sarah. She was...strange.

Daphne I didn't really like the reasons jennifer gave (on why she chose who). I mean, beacause she was mean??? She ruined so many peoples lives! Both the pretty and the ugly! I mean, the home-schooled girl (forgot her name) now she's been drunk, has friends who like to drink, is probably grounded for life, and has just been set-up for failer.

Bookworm Leah wrote: "Yeah, I especially didn't like Sarah. She was...strange."
Sarah and Bridget were my two favorite characters. Jennifer though, was my least favorite. Her excuse was pretty weak.

Pamela She just chose Bridget because she believed she was really pretty and deserved the title unlike the other girls.

message 14: by Meg (new) - rated it 3 stars

Meg I thought it was a good book, not great, but the ending to me was a little disappointing. It didn't END really well, it was just so abrupt and left me feeling a sense of emptiness.

message 15: by Ceo (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ceo Bridget was chosen because she truly was beautiful and Margo had been friends with her before so she still secretly wanted her to be happy.

message 16: by Cml (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cml Amanda wrote: "At the end of the book, Jennifer lists why she chose each girl. When she gets to Bridget, however, the thought is interrupted. Is it ever clarified why she chose Bridget?"

She never gives a good reason why she chose Bridget. I assume she did it to add more supense to the story.

message 17: by Acp (new) - rated it 4 stars

Acp I think Bridget was chosen because she was seen as beautiful. And although her ending was cut off, I believe Vivian wants us to come up with our own ending for Bridget.

message 18: by Ecv (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ecv i understand that the author wants to leave the ending to the imagination of the readers, i think she should have made the ending a little more clear

message 19: by Jah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jah I didn't think it was very clear, but I feel that she chose her because she felt that Bridget actually deserved it.

message 20: by Cls (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cls I thought this was a great book and very realistic, although the ending was quite unclear when it became public why each girl was chosen.

message 21: by Sjw (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sjw It isn't clear but I think she was chosen because she is truly beautiful. The ending created suspense which allowed the reader to question why she chose Bridget.

message 22: by Aml (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aml Bridget deserved to be chosen because she was beautiful insode and out and the end really showed how she deserved to win

Megan Pamela wrote: "She just chose Bridget because she believed she was really pretty and deserved the title unlike the other girls."

That seems about right, when she was talking to Bridget during Homecoming she seemed polite enough and genuinely happy to have a conversation with her. What would be nice is if there was some kind of conclusion to Bridget's battle with Anorexia. In the end it kind of just says that she finally fits her dream dress, and that it may even be too big for her. For a second she's happy, and then immediately after that she continues hating herself. Does that mean she's going to proceed to starve herself again, or will she work towards recovery as she promised herself and her little sister Lisa?

Ornwara_Ami Speaking of Bridget, she is the character I am worried about the most. It was like... her ending was the REALLY unclear. I think she was listed because Jannifer think that she is nice both in-and-outside, which I do agree, too.

And I agree with Megan. I'm very curious if she will be able to cure her anorexia and fix her relationship with her little sister or not. Although it's good to left the ending open, since it is ways too open, I wish there were a few more chapters to tell us what's going on.

Megan Ornwara_Ami wrote: "Although it's good to left the ending open, since it is ways too open, I wish there were a few more chapters to tell us what's going on..."

Maybe the reason why she left Bridget's ending unexplained was because that was the point of stamp/seal and the secrecy and the reactions to The List. The List didn't really have much of a purpose other than pitting girls against one another and seeing how they behaved as a result of that. By leaving Bridget's ending open, we have more room to imagine what happened to her- which in her case leaves two obvious choices:

1. Acknowledging that she has a problem and seeking help to end it once and for all, trials and tribulations included
2. Continuing on her path of self-destruction and eventually starving to death

Kathryn Sardina Leah wrote: "Yeah, I especially didn't like Sarah. She was...strange."

I agree :D

message 27: by Kai (new)

Kai Leigh what kind of eating disorder did she have

message 28: by Olivia (new)

Olivia LeBlanc I really enjoyed the book, but I was a bit lost at the ending. I think the ending was not very good and gave me an empty feeling

message 29: by Anika (new)

Anika Kai Leigh:

she had both anorexia and bulimia. It is more common to have both then just one.