Art Club discussion

Your Artwork / Feedback > Innocent Lamb's Art

Comments (showing 1-23 of 23) (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties (last edited Sep 12, 2012 03:11AM) (new)

♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties (NotJustAnyOrdinaryGirl) | 17 comments Everyone's work is so good, I'm not sure if I can get anything nearly as good, but I can always do my best...

Rose drawing

message 2: by Jia, The lemon. (new)

Jia | 1653 comments Mod
And your best your best you shall do! I really love this rose, especially the shading. Whenever I draw roses, they just don't look like roses. :p This is pretty amazing! Keep on doing your best, we'd love to see more!

message 3: by Molly's Sister, Rararasputin lover of the scatman (new)

Molly's Sister | 2329 comments Mod
What Jia said! I really like this :-) Keep up the good work!

message 4: by ♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties (last edited Sep 19, 2012 11:23PM) (new)

♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties (NotJustAnyOrdinaryGirl) | 17 comments Omg, thank you so much for your opinion. I really really really loved hearing your thoughts on the rose. The rose, in case you were wondering took really long to draw. To be honest - it took approximately 2/3 hours to complete.

Here's another one. Unfortunately, I don't think I got the eyelashes right, but... I suppose it is up for debate...

Eye Drawing

And here is my most recent drawing that I've done in my free time.
Cute manga drawing

message 5: by Molly's Sister, Rararasputin lover of the scatman (new)

Molly's Sister | 2329 comments Mod
Yay! And don't feel bad about taking a long time on stuff. It's important to be careful and get things just right! My last traditional drawing took 13 hours ;-)

I think the boy and girl hugging is super cute!

For the eye I think maybe the upper lashes are too short and the lower lashes too thick.
I think you did a really nice job with the shading though :-)

message 6: by ♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties (last edited Nov 22, 2012 11:02PM) (new)

♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties (NotJustAnyOrdinaryGirl) | 17 comments Strawberries

Just a little drawing I'm working on for school. Personally, I think I kinda messed up the strawberry and the texture behind it. Oh and I may have gone a little crazy when it came to the dots on the strawberry.

Strawberries
(Actual photo used in drawing)

Do any of y'all have any advice on how to improve the drawing? All constructive criticism is welcome.

message 7: by Shep (last edited Nov 23, 2012 02:37AM) (new)

Shep | 599 comments As far as constructive criticism goes, here is my advice:

Look at the photo ref. Really, reallllly look at it. If you pay close attention you can see the seed texture is not black dots, but off-white dots, and the texture a play on color and highlights. the strawberries are not just a flat red, but a range of dark and light red and pink colors. Dont think of the strawberries as a flat 2-D shape, but 3-D objects with shape, volume, and dimension. it's easier if you break them down into basic geometric shapes and then add detail from there.

How to get it to look 3D? the highlights and shadows. Here are the things to pay attention to:

[image error]

Like my art teacher said: Draw what you see, not what you think you see.

I hope this helps! (:

♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties (NotJustAnyOrdinaryGirl) | 17 comments What's the img meant to be of?

message 9: by Shep (new)

Shep | 599 comments Oh does it not show up? o:

message 11: by Shep (new)

Shep | 599 comments yes....hmm

♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties (NotJustAnyOrdinaryGirl) | 17 comments How would you suggest I do the 'reflected light' bits?

message 14: by Shep (new)

Shep | 599 comments Well, when you're using colored pencils, you usually want to start with the lightest colors, then medium, then dark. So say you have just a plain uncolored sketch of the strawberries. You'd color all of the highlight areas with a light pink or the closest color you have to the highlight, and then work your way through the other colors until you get to the shadows.

message 15: by ♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties (last edited Nov 23, 2012 10:42PM) (new)

♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties (NotJustAnyOrdinaryGirl) | 17 comments Unfortunate I can only use pink and red for the actual strawberry section, and some clever thinking for this. Any advice?

message 16: by Shep (new)

Shep | 599 comments Why only those? Hmm well I suppose just press lightly in the brightest areas.

♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties (NotJustAnyOrdinaryGirl) | 17 comments This is a class exercise and according to by teacher, it's meant to show us 'how to show tone without the use of different pencils?'

message 18: by Shep (last edited Nov 23, 2012 11:16PM) (new)

Shep | 599 comments Huh......that's interesting. Most of the time my teachers tell me to use more than one or two because objects are usually not just one or two colors. Good luck ;A;

♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties (NotJustAnyOrdinaryGirl) | 17 comments Thanks. It's meant to be an exericse in shading and whatnot. I'm also thinking of sneaking a little orange in there. Thoughts?

message 20: by Shep (new)

Shep | 599 comments No problem. Only add the orange if you see it in the ref.

♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties (NotJustAnyOrdinaryGirl) | 17 comments K, thanks for your help! :)

message 22: by Shep (new)

Shep | 599 comments You're welcome ^^

message 23: by ♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties (last edited Nov 30, 2012 10:04PM) (new)

♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties (NotJustAnyOrdinaryGirl) | 17 comments Okay, I need some advice.

I'm currently drawing this, well trying to anyway:

flower

Well, I'm trying to draw the flower. I need some thoughts on how I should be colouring the middle of the flower. So far, I've got the stem and the petals. But I'm lost when it comes to what to do for the middle of the flower. Thoughts?