UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Past group quizzes/comps > Writing Contest #6

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jud (last edited Sep 12, 2012 03:02AM) (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18543 comments The theme for the contest this month is;
"Mysterious raft washed up on Isle of May". The seed is the photo of the raft here -

http://twitter.com/SeabirdCentre/stat...

The format being as usual, 200 words of creative writing, short story, sketch or poem.

DO NOT post your entries here but PM them to me so I can post them and keep them all anonymous :o) You have 2 weeks to get writing, the deadline is midnight on 26th September.

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments Ah, I was hoping another contest would come along.

I will enter this time....

Thanks Jud.

Geoff (G. Robbins) (merda constat variat altitudo) (snibborg) | 9052 comments There's a problem with that link, Jud.

message 4: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18543 comments Aw man!

message 5: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18543 comments Ah, I had copied the short form so it wasn't the full link

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9111 comments Thanks Jud! I'm going to have a go again. (And the Rosemary who commented on the picture isn't me!)

message 7: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25093 comments I think I might. All part of the fun!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Picture won't open on my iPad.

I'll try on the laptop later.

Who chose this theme? I can't recall who's turn it was.

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9111 comments Patti (Migrating Coconut) wrote: "Picture won't open on my iPad.

I'll try on the laptop later.

Who chose this theme? I can't recall who's turn it was."

Ron and I came to an understanding ;)

I can see the Isle of May from my windae, on a clear day

message 10: by Marc (new)

Marc Nash (sulci) | 7481 comments Do we need to have a title?

message 11: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18543 comments Oh yes, titles are needed for the voting.

message 12: by Katy (new)

Katy | 3414 comments I haven't got a good enough imagination to enter! but I promise to start voting (:

message 13: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18543 comments Voting is good enough for now, but feel free to attempt an entry, you might surprise yourself :o)

message 14: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18543 comments Just a reminder that the deadline for entries is this Wednesday :o)

Get writing!!

message 15: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Hill | 1603 comments Ooh, I've just stumbled across this thread. I'm knackered, I've had the day from hell but I reckon I can summon up 200 words. Wish me luck!

message 16: by Michael (new)

Michael Brookes (technohippy) I haven't tried one of these. I'll put something together.

message 17: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18543 comments The deadline is midnight on wed so you still have 2 full days to throw something together

message 18: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25093 comments Must get my head in gear. Getting it out of Sirrenvaag's the hard bit! It's like Royston Vasey!

message 19: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25093 comments Last call. Closes at midnight. :)

message 20: by Mago (new)

Mago (Mark) | 1750 comments When is the poll up, Jud?

message 21: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18543 comments Hello :o)

Entries and poll will go up for a week and then we have a week off before starting all over again. I shall go now and post the entries.

message 22: by R.J. (new)

R.J. Askew (rjaskew) | 959 comments Ach, apols I am late this month. I can do you 200 words tmr morning.