Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > Help with new titles

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angela (new)

Angela Jurgensen | 6 comments Hi there, I am Angela, the publisher of Drake's Quest. I have just entered two new edition of the book, but they are not linking to the previous edition already there. The cover, also, is the same. There are three editions to join together, and here are their numbers:

Please help me link these titles, and also add the cover to all of them! Thank you for your help! As soon as they are linked, I would love to add a giveaway for the color version of the book.

Cheers, Angela Jurgensen

❂ Murder by Death  (murderbydeath) I'm trying to combine as requested, but it seems the database is stuck in a loop. I'll research to see if this has been reported and one of us will try again later.

Meanwhile, it looks like the covers were added.

message 3: by Steffi (new)

Steffi | 19 comments Yes i added the covers and were also trying to combine the editions but it isn't working either.

❂ Murder by Death  (murderbydeath) I filed a bug report in Feedback about it. Have you been able to combine anything else?

message 5: by Steffi (new)

Steffi | 19 comments I didn't try anything else today. But i did combine editions before.

message 6: by Voula (new)

Voula  (otl1987) (otl1987) Same here. I tried it too. But I haven't tried other combinations today.

❂ Murder by Death  (murderbydeath) well, at least we know it's definitely a bug. :)

message 8: by Krystal109 (last edited Sep 12, 2012 03:34AM) (new)

Krystal109 | 1086 comments It appears to be everything by that author. I haven't check if it is all combining or just with this author.

message 9: by ❂ Murder by Death (last edited Sep 12, 2012 03:44AM) (new)

❂ Murder by Death  (murderbydeath) I tried a few others with that author as well, and got the same response, but haven't tried any other authors. I'll see if I can find another one to test.

ETA: just tried it with another author and got the same behaviour - so I'm guessing it's the combine function overall.

message 10: by Voula (new)

Voula  (otl1987) (otl1987) Yeah, I just tried to combine a different book by a different author and it does the same thing.

message 11: by Voula (new)

Voula  (otl1987) (otl1987) Yeay, somebody did it!

message 12: by Angela (new)

Angela Jurgensen | 6 comments Thank you guys so much!!! Now I am adding the giveaway! :D Hurray!

message 13: by Angela (new)

Angela Jurgensen | 6 comments Ops, never mind, I guess I have to just edit the previous give away to include a few color editions :D