Rebel Heart (Dust Lands, #2) Rebel Heart discussion

End of the book!?? - SPOILERS!!!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Leela (last edited Sep 11, 2012 11:59PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leela The person watching Saba and Jack at the end of the book, what is your opinion - do you think it is Lugh OR Tommo???

I think the author has deliberately written it in a way in which it's impossible to know for sure who it is. They both have reasons to feel hurt with her.

message 2: by Leela (last edited Sep 16, 2012 10:38PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leela Gabrielle wrote: "Tommo i think."

Yes, I tend to agree..especially when I first read it. But it's hard to know for sure!! Aargh

But i would rather it be Tommo than Lugh.

Nidhi Thomas Wait...someone was watching them!!! I thought..I thought it was just Saba and Jack....I'm scared now....De whatever guy, it could be him :S

Nidhi Thomas Saba broke Tommo's heart and trust in one moment, so yeah fair enough. But Lugh....I understand why he would be angry with her at the end, but they are siblings and family comes first right? No matter how much you love another person, family comes first. So I believe there is something going on with Lugh...he doesn't hate her, just annoyed or angry with her. Damn I wish Saba and Jack could be together! Why does he have to stay back!

Nidhi Thomas Yeah :( Whatever happened to him I am sad and sorry for him.

Yeah it looks like it. But I have a feeling it might not be him, it could be Demalo... :S which would be very worrying! Oh poor Tommo! But yes, he is way too young for her.

Yeah at the end he said he has to stay back and stop them from the inside. D: Why Jack! Why!

Leela Yes book 3 definitely needs more of Jack. I think Tommo is going to betray Saba in some sort of way, and I think she is pregnant and that may be what saves her from De Malo in the end (cos he won't want to hurt his child) :s We shall see!!!

Blujeanbooks96 I think that it is Tommo.. I feel for him... Saba sort of screwed him over.

Blujeanbooks96 Leela wrote: "Yes book 3 definitely needs more of Jack. I think Tommo is going to betray Saba in some sort of way, and I think she is pregnant and that may be what saves her from De Malo in the end (cos he won't..."

^^ I like this idea, it's what I'm expecting too.

message 10: by Abby (last edited Nov 17, 2012 08:53PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Abby Leela wrote: "The person watching Saba and Jack at the end of the book, what is your opinion - do you think it is Lugh OR Tommo???

I think the author has deliberately written it in a way in which it's impossibl..."

I thought it was DeMalo! But I'd rather it not be because that would mean trouble. And I can't believe jack left her after all she did for him

Leela I know, I sooo just wanted Jack to go with her dammit! At least he came to see her though. I was also thinking at first that it was De Malo watching...yikes.. but then felt by the way the author described them & how they felt that it would have been Tommo or Lugh. I guess anything's possible though!

Lydia I at first thought it was DeMalo, but when I reread the scene, I concluded it must be Tommo. It's worded in a way that makes it sound like the person's love has been betrayed, so it probably isn't Lugh.

Nuzaifa Either Tommo or DeMalo.Yeah I too have a feeling Tommo's gonna betray Saba. :(

Nobonita - The Bengali Nomad Nuzaifa ツ wrote: "Either Tommo or DeMalo.Yeah I too have a feeling Tommo's gonna betray Saba. :("

Same here. >.<

Nuzaifa I hate love triangle's especially when the underdog gets hurt! :/

Nobonita - The Bengali Nomad Nuzaifa ツ wrote: "I hate love triangle's especially when the underdog gets hurt! :/"

IKR?!And I really liked Tommo. :(

Nuzaifa Nobonita wrote: "Nuzaifa ツ wrote: "I hate love triangle's especially when the underdog gets hurt! :/"

IKR?!And I really liked Tommo. :("

I know he was such a cutie pie and Ike just died right?come on,leave the poor guy alone! :(

Lydia I think this is one of the most brilliant love triangles in the sense that I love Jack, I really like Tommo, and I think Seth/Demalo is pretty cool. I don't have one character in which I hate to see scenes of them with Saba. I still think Jack is the best obviously. I mean, that dance in the snow... who couldn't love the two of them after that?

Nobonita - The Bengali Nomad The Mighty Katara wrote: "I think this is one of the most brilliant love triangles in the sense that I love Jack, I really like Tommo, and I think Seth/Demalo is pretty cool. I don't have one character in which I hate to se..."

Hey,then shouldn't it be a love quadrilateral?There are technically four people involved.LoL!

Lydia Nobonita wrote: "The Mighty Katara wrote: "I think this is one of the most brilliant love triangles in the sense that I love Jack, I really like Tommo, and I think Seth/Demalo is pretty cool. I don't have one chara..."

Yeah you're right. I think of it as a trisector for some reason... I think I've created a new term lol. A love trisector in which Saba is the angle... I'm taking geometry in school right now if you were wondering :)

Nobonita - The Bengali Nomad The Mighty Katara wrote: "Nobonita wrote: "The Mighty Katara wrote: "I think this is one of the most brilliant love triangles in the sense that I love Jack, I really like Tommo, and I think Seth/Demalo is pretty cool. I don..."

LoL!I suck at geometry. >.< And trisector sounds way cooler.It's as if Saba's controlling three guys with a string from different ends.(no idea where that came from)But I like your way of thinking. ;)

Lydia I'm not a big fan of geometry, but it's sort of stuck in my mind at the moment. And yeah, the trisector sounds kinda neat :)

Emily i thought it was demalo because didn't it say something like "after she poisoned me" or something along the line of that?

Lydia Emily wrote: "i thought it was demalo because didn't it say something like "after she poisoned me" or something along the line of that?"

I don't remember it saying that... I may have to check my copy :)

Nobonita - The Bengali Nomad The Mighty Katara wrote: "Emily wrote: "i thought it was demalo because didn't it say something like "after she poisoned me" or something along the line of that?"

I don't remember it saying that... I may have to check my c..."

me too!On it! :)

message 26: by Kat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kat I'm pretty sure it was Tommo. I remember it saying that he had returned to tell Saba (her) how hurt he was by her deceiving him like that. And the Jack and Saba reunion occurred right after she told him she used him. I myself have thought that Tommo might be DeMalo's son, and that DeMalo abandoned him because he wasn't perfect.

Lydia Lilah wrote: "Hello, I am a new author on Amazon Kindle and I'd love for you to check out my newly published book called Chasing After Infinity. It is a Young Adult novel and I would appreciate any feedback you ..."

One does not simply promote their book on unrelated threads.

Nobonita - The Bengali Nomad The Mighty Katara wrote: "Lilah wrote: "Hello, I am a new author on Amazon Kindle and I'd love for you to check out my newly published book called Chasing After Infinity. It is a Young Adult novel and I would appreciate any..."

I agree!

Kindra Binder It is left being unclear on who it is. It could be Seth because of the comment about the drink. Could be Tommo due to being screwed and or Lugh. I think it is Lugh. It is an interesting story and read. It was so very hard to get into because of the dialect. I believe she is pregnant and that is why the heart stone warms up the next time she saw Seth.

Lizbeth I believe it was Tommo rather than Lugh because if it was Lugh he would have confronted both Saba and Jack.

Lydia Lizbeth wrote: "I believe it was Tommo rather than Lugh because if it was Lugh he would have confronted both Saba and Jack."

I agree.

Nikki i instinctively thought it was Demalo coming from the burning building but i dont know , it could have been anyone of the three ?

Estelle (E) I also assumed it was Demalo..

Natasa I thought it was Tommo, because of the hardcore foreshadowing in the book. For example, when Sabba got warned (tried to anyways..) that Tommo was in love with her she would interrupt and not listen to the warning. So I just assumed that in the third book Tommo would do something to Saba or hurt Jack because she never listened to the warning and rather pushed it aside for 'more urgent matters'.

Plus, I didn't think it could be Demalo because she put two drops in his drink which is supposed to keep him asleep for days. But who knows?

message 35: by Elisha (last edited Dec 31, 2012 11:11AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elisha It has to be Tommo...He can't hear them and the drink he took earlier has to refer to Molly's alcohol which was mainly shared by Lugh and Tommo; thus keeping him warm. Also, Auriel attempted to warn Saba many times about Tommos affections for her. She had to of known he was a danger.

Katie Elisha wrote: "It has to be Tommo...He can't hear them and the drink he took earlier has to refer to Molly's alcohol which was mainly shared by Lugh and Tommo; thus keeping him warm. Also, Auriel attempted to war..."

I totally agree with what you are saying! I cannot bring myself to like DeMalo because Jack is so amazing that every time I thought of DeMalo and Saba I got angry. I loved the book but I am so afraid I will be disappointed with book #3.

Nas does anyone else think it was DeMalo? the drink he could be talking about is the one saba gave him to make him fall asleep?

message 38: by Caraline (last edited Jan 21, 2013 11:40AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Caraline daydreamer wrote: "does anyone else think it was DeMalo? the drink he could be talking about is the one saba gave him to make him fall asleep?"

yeah that's what I thought!! I didn't even thin about it being Lugh or Tommo - but I definitely see how it could be either. im soo worried and anxious for the next book- please no baby!!! saba needs to end up with jack, demalo needs to die and tommo needs to not be hurt!!!!

Olivia Tate daydreamer wrote: "does anyone else think it was DeMalo? the drink he could be talking about is the one saba gave him to make him fall asleep?"

That's what I thought! I didn't even consider Tommo or Lugh. Especially since Saba pretended to love Demalo.

Isabella I'm pretty sure that it was Tommo. Lugh just kind of walked away after basically saying he didn't care that she was alive.

Hafsa im debating between lugh and tommo, possibly demalo

message 42: by Caraline (last edited Mar 06, 2013 07:56PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Caraline I thot it was demalo!!
it didn't even occur to me that it could have been tommo or lugh! aghhh so many angry boysss

message 43: by Jordan (new) - added it

Jordan It has to be Tommo. The book doesn't say anything about poison in a drink, it says that the guy watching was warm from his drink. In the cave, everyone was drinking whiskey (including Tommo) and alcohol makes you feel warm. Not to mention that he goes back to the cave when he can't watch anymore, so that can't really be Demalo. And why would it hurt Lugh to see Saba with Jack? The way it was written makes the character seem romantically hurt, and that definitely doesn't fit with Lugh.

Lizbeth Jordan wrote: "It has to be Tommo. The book doesn't say anything about poison in a drink, it says that the guy watching was warm from his drink. In the cave, everyone was drinking whiskey (including Tommo) and al..."

I totally agree with you Jordan!

Ciara Leela wrote: "The person watching Saba and Jack at the end of the book, what is your opinion - do you think it is Lugh OR Tommo???

I think the author has deliberately written it in a way in which it's impossibl..."

I met Moira Young and asked her this question. I said I was confused as to who it was. Was it Tommo? Was it DeMalo? Was it Lugh? And guess what.... She kept it a secret! I am sure we will find out in the next book :)

Ciara Gabrielle wrote: "Ciara wrote: "Leela wrote: "The person watching Saba and Jack at the end of the book, what is your opinion - do you think it is Lugh OR Tommo???

I think the author has deliberately written it in a..."

I think she so purposely set it up so we couldn't be sure who it was that she didn't wanna just give it away :P
She was really nice in person. She was happy to talk about the book although she didn't give away any spoilers!

Ciara Gabrielle wrote: "thats so cool!!
id love to meet an author of like on of my fav books!!

she wanted to keep the mystery - cant wait for the next one!!"

I know i was really excited! I said to her I was heartbroken when Ike died and she said it was hard for her too!

message 48: by Delphinium (new) - added it

Delphinium I would think it is Tommo because it said that the kiss earlier made him warm and Tommo had a wine or something like that。Every time I think of DeMalo and Saba together, I want to scream。

Amelia It says about how the drink he had earlier warmed him up, and Mercy they all drank Mercys drink. Also at the end it says he went back to the cave where the others were, to sleep. So i dont think its Demalo

Amelia Jenny wrote: "Leela wrote: "The person watching Saba and Jack at the end of the book, what is your opinion - do you think it is Lugh OR Tommo???

I think the author has deliberately written it in a way in which ..."

Molly gave evryone a drink

« previous 1