Mortal Instruments & Infernal Devices Lovers! discussion

City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6)
This topic is about City of Heavenly Fire

Comments Showing 1-50 of 283 (283 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

Hannah (hannah1) | 911 comments Mod
Here's the first one which is sooo exciting

City of Heavenly Fire snippet
Alec looked down at the shattered pieces in disbelief. “You BROKE my PHONE.”

Jace shrugged. “Guys don’t let other guys keep calling other guys. Okay, that came out wrong. Friends don’t let friends keep calling their exes and hanging up. Seriously. You have to stop.”

Alec looked furious. “So you broke my brand new phone? Thanks a lot.”

Jace smiled serenely and lay back on the grass. “You’re welcome.”

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 489 comments Mod
Ahhhhh I bet he was trying to call Magnus!

Jenny | 50 comments Ah Jace. I just love Jace.

Gabriella (gabb_) | 30 comments Need More Teasers!!!

Jenny | 50 comments Yes!! I love reading them! And these discussion pages as well :)

City of Heavenly Fire snippet
“I think,” Jace said, “that you don’t want to tell your secrets, so you decided to break up with Alec because..” Jace schools Magnus, CoHF.

now that is a teaser that will haunt me until CoHF comes out.

message 8: by Valencia (new) - added it

Valencia Cain (IziCain) | 26 comments Erika wrote: "now that is a teaser that will haunt me until CoHF comes out."

SAME!

Go Jace lol

Rachel | 50 comments Lol I love Jace :)

message 11: by Blujeanbooks96 (new)

Blujeanbooks96 (wwwgoodreadscomblujean_books96) | 41 comments Noble of you Jace, very noble :D

Annie Carstairs | 6 comments I adore Jace!!!! And if he gets killed in this book I'll never recover!

Islam Ahmed (islamahmed0904) Agreed! Jace is my fav characters in TMI

SPOILERS

“No killing,” Jordan said. “We’re trying to make you feel peaceful, so you don’t go up in flames. Blood, killing, war, those are all non-peaceful things. Isn’t there anything else you like? Rainforests? Chirping birds?”

“Weapons,” said Jace. “I like weapons.”

“I’m starting to think we have a problematic issue of personal philosophy here.”

Jace leaned forward, his palms flat on the ground. “I’m a warrior,” he said. “I was brought up as a warrior. I didn’t have toys, I had weapons. I slept with a wooden sword until I was five. My first books were medieval demonologies with illuminated pages. The first songs I learned were chants to banish demons. I know what brings me peace, and it isn’t sandy beaches or chirping birds in rainforests. I want a weapon in my hand and a strategy to win.”

Jordan looked at him levelly. “So you’re saying that what brings you peace … is war.”

“Now you get it.” 

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh, Jace! I love you! Will you marry me?
I can't wait for the book! Too bad we still have 2 more years to wait :(

Gabriella (gabb_) | 30 comments I can't wait until 2014 for this. Thank goodness we have the movie COB coming out and TID book too.. I'd die without my shadowhunter fix :)

[Spoilers redacted.]

“We shouldn’t,” protested Isabelle. “The Clave has a plan.”

“The Clave has the collective intelligence of a pineapple,” said Jace.

Alec blinked up at them. “Jace is right.”

Isabelle turned on her brother. “What do you know? You weren’t even paying attention.”

“I was,” Alec said, injured. “I said Jace was right.”

“Yeah, but there’s like a 90% chance of me being right most of the time, so that’s not proof you were listening,” said Jace. “That’s just a good guess.”

hmmm what soilers did Cassie take out?? and im happy to see Jace, Izzy and Alec back together :)

unidentified snippet
Belatedly, she realized something else. “Do you … have anything?”
He didn’t seem to have recovered from her last comment. “But do you mean — wait, do I have what?”
She slitted her eyes at him. “Something important.”
“Like what? The phone number for the White House?” A moment later, under her withering glare, realization dawned. “Oh.” His was the expression of someone who has run out of gas in the middle of the desert, miles from help. “I … “

Morgan (ellaminnop) | 36 comments what could this mean?!?!

Gabriella (gabb_) | 30 comments Hannah wrote: "City of Heavenly Fire snippet
“I think,” Jace said, “that you don’t want to tell your secrets, so you decided to break up with Alec because..” Jace schools Magnus, CoHF."

Ahhh... This teaser is just that a tease! I love how blunt Jace is and I love that he has no problem calling people out :)

Magnus rolled onto his back and put his feet up on the arm of the sofa. “What do you care if Alec’s miserable?”

“What do I care?” Jace said, so loudly that Chairman Meow rolled off the couch and landed on the floor. “Of course I care about Alec; he’s my best friend, my parabatai. And he’s unhappy. And so are you, by the look of things. Takeout containers everywhere, you haven’t done anything to fix up the place, your cat looks dead —“

“He’s not dead.”

Hannah wrote: "Magnus rolled onto his back and put his feet up on the arm of the sofa. “What do you care if Alec’s miserable?”

“What do I care?” Jace said, so loudly that Chairman Meow rolled off the couch and l..."

AHHHHH! Magnust and Alec need to get back together!

She turned to look at Sebastian, lying on the bed. He was shirtless, and even in the dim light the old whip weals across his back were visible. She had always been fascinated by Shadowhunters but had never thought she would find one whose personality she could stand for more than five minutes, until Sebastian.

Ummmm WTH?

Islam Ahmed (islamahmed0904) Wait, what? What's going on?!?

I'm thinking the Seelie Queen?

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Ah you beat me to it, Hannah. :) I definitely think it's the Seelie Queen. She hasn't yet met Sebastian as far as we know and she is in league with him according to that snippet between Meilorn and Sebastian in the club scene in CoLS. Plus, she can't stand Shadowhunters....If it isn't her, then my guess is it's another yet to be known Downworlder, one who maybe falls for Sebastian and saves him in a way?

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

This just came to me...I thought if it wasn't the Seelie Queen, it has to be a new character but then again at the same time, it seems highly unlikely to me that Cassie Clare would introduce a major character in the last book in the series...Okay, true Camille was first mentioned in the series in book four but she still was in two books and she didn't actually play a major role...apart from trying to ruin Magnus' and Alec's relationship in her own way...and this character, judging by the snippet, has to be a very important one especially judging by her "initial attachment" or "fascination" with Sebastian...My only question is, would the Seelie Queen have the heart to fall in love or would she ever care about someone/show emotion? I mean, I know she almost seems as cold and cruel as Sebastian from what we read about her in the books, but somehow she does not strike me as a person to form any sort of emotional bond to any character...and she seems that way judging by that snippet if it is about her...Also, my knowledge of the Seelie Queen joining Sebastian is the fact that her only purpose in joining Sebastian was so the faeries don't get wiped out in the war for choosing to side against him..not because she "cares" about him. But maybe, I am just looking way too into this snippet but it does seem like whoever this person is, they almost seem to feel sorry for Sebastian, and care about him.

message 28: by Mikaela (new) - added it

Mikaela Davenport | 1 comments OH MY GOSH!!!! I HOPE THEY GET BACK TOGETHER!!! <3

message 29: by Tanaz (last edited Feb 02, 2013 08:37AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tanaz Masaba (tanazmasaba) @ Sanja: Okay I know I am going crazy, but what if its Tessa? I mean, I think she's gonna come in CoHF. Why else would she make a cameo appearance in CoG?

Jessica  (stuckinotherworlds) Tanaz wrote: "@ Sanja: Okay I know I am going crazy, but what if its Tessa? I mean, I think she's gonna come in CoHF. Why else would she make a cameo appearance in CoG?"

It makes sense because Tessa isn't a shadow hunter so that's why she is fascinated by them!

message 31: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 02, 2013 09:15AM) (new)

Tanaz wrote: "@ Sanja: Okay I know I am going crazy, but what if its Tessa? I mean, I think she's gonna come in CoHF. Why else would she make a cameo appearance in CoG?"

Yeah but thing is in that snippet it says, "she had never thought she would find one whose personality she could stand for more than five minutes, until Sebastian." And Tessa loves Jem and likes being around him. Plus, Will and all the other Shadowhunters at the London Institute. So that's why I don't think it is Tessa but good guess.

message 32: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Quinn (Never_trust_aDuck) | 17 comments Teaser #5 TMI

"Magnus rolled onto his back and put his feet up on the arm of the sofa. “What do you care if Alec’s miserable?”

“What do I care?” Jace said, so loudly that Chairman Meow rolled off the couch and landed on the floor. “Of course I care about Alec; he’s my best friend, my parabatai. And he’s unhappy. And so are you, by the look of things. Takeout containers everywhere, you haven’t done anything to fix up the place, your cat looks dead—“

“He’s not dead.” "

TID

"Tessa couldn’t help herself; despite everything, she giggled. “It laces,” she whispered. “In the back,” and she guided his hands around her until his fingers were on the strings of the corset. She shivered then, and not from cold, but from the intimacy of the gesture. "

- What could this mean!!!!!!

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

I hope the Tessa bit is with Jem! And hmm the CoHF snippet...looks like Magnus is hurting and missing poor Alec :( I really hope they get back together in the end.

message 34: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Quinn (Never_trust_aDuck) | 17 comments Sanja wrote: "I hope the Tessa bit is with Jem! And hmm the CoHF snippet...looks like Magnus is hurting and missing poor Alec :( I really hope they get back together in the end."

I hope it is with Jem as well! I LOVE JEM! also, Mangus and Alec have to get back together otherwise i will die!!!!;)

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

@olivia Yes! Finally another Jem fan! Add me as a friend? Lol I like Will a lot too but I prefer Jem so I'm hoping Tessa stays with him :)
I'm also really worried about Magnus/Alec..

message 36: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Quinn (Never_trust_aDuck) | 17 comments I will become your friend! you're the only Jem fan i have met! haha! i also love Mangus and Alec, really hope they get back together in the next book! the release date in on my calender!(:

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha Jem is just so good and beautiful and amazing. What was your favorite Jem/Tessa part in the books? 45 more days till Clockwork Princess! I'm pre-ordering my copy today so I can go to the signing. :) you'll have to let me know what you think when you finish Clockwork Princess. I just hope Jem doesn't die. :( and I hope nothing happens to Magnus/Alec but I'm really worried one of then is going to die..

message 38: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Quinn (Never_trust_aDuck) | 17 comments by the angel, if Jem dies i will cry for days on end! i am pre ordering my copy as well! we will definitely talk and share thoughts when the books comes out! random question, do you like Josh Hutcherson?

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay! Yes I know who that is..What's he in again? Btw I need a good dark fantasy romance to read..I was thinking Hush Hush?

Sophie (warpedline) | 40 comments Olivia wrote: "by the angel, if Jem dies i will cry for days on end! i am pre ordering my copy as well! we will definitely talk and share thoughts when the books comes out! random question, do you like Josh Hutc..."

I don't like Josh Hutcherson very much - he's cool and all, and a good actor, but he is really short, and has a square face, and his eyes are close together (I am not trying to insult anyone, ok? Happy feelings). But that might be just me. Most people love him - I have to admit, he did a pretty good job as Peeta in the THG.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh right, he played Peeta! Haha now I forgot. I actually really liked him as Peeta. I saw him in Journey 2 as well and I didn't like him in that so much...but he was great,the perfect Peeta-in Hunger Games!

message 42: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Quinn (Never_trust_aDuck) | 17 comments Go on my profile, i drew i picture of him! not very good because i did it very quickly but hope you like it!;)

message 43: by Ray (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ray | 6 comments @tanaz...twin i think that tessa is looooong dead.

message 44: by Ray (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ray | 6 comments Tanaz wrote: "@ Sanja: Okay I know I am going crazy, but what if its Tessa? I mean, I think she's gonna come in CoHF. Why else would she make a cameo appearance in CoG?"

@tanaz......twin, sweetie, i hate to burst ur happy bubble but i think tessa is looooong dead

message 45: by Jessica (last edited Feb 06, 2013 06:49AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jessica  (stuckinotherworlds) Raiyan wrote: "Tanaz wrote: "@ Sanja: Okay I know I am going crazy, but what if its Tessa? I mean, I think she's gonna come in CoHF. Why else would she make a cameo appearance in CoG?"

@tanaz......twin, sweetie,..."

No because Tessa was seen in cog.

Tanaz Masaba (tanazmasaba) @ twin: Tessa's not dead cause she's a warlock and she can't die and also magnus mentioned her in city of fallen angels and he said something like in the end it was just the two of them left...or something like it when he was talking to camille..

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

This one just got posted by Cassie Clare...

“Simon,” said a voice at his shoulder, and he turned to see Izzy, her face a pale smudge between dark hair and dark cloak, looking at him, her expression half-angry, half-sad. “I guess this is the part where we say goodbye?”

I swear if Sizzy is destroyed...I'm gonna die. :(

message 48: by Zoe (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zoe Jackson (zoes_reads) Oh my angel guys!!!
A new spoilerly COHF snippet that features characters from TDA!!!

A moment later, Helen had returned; she was walking slowly now, and carefully, her hand on the back of a thin boy with a mop of wavy brown hair. He couldn’t have been older than twelve, and Clary recognized him immediately. Helen, her hand firmly clamped around the wrist of a younger boy whose hands were covered with blue wax. He must have been playing with the tapers in the huge candelabras that decorated the sides of the nave. He looked about twelve, with an impish grin and the same wavy, bitter-chocolate hair as his sister.

Jules, Helen had called him. Her little brother.

The impish grin was gone now. He looked tired and dirty and frightened. Skinny wrists stuck out of the cuffs of a white mourning jacket whose sleeves were too long for him. In his arms he was carrying a little boy, probably not more than two years old, with the same wavy brown hair that he had; it seemed to be a family trait. The rest of his family wore the same borrowed mourning clothes: following Julian was a brunette girl about ten, her hand firmly clasped in the hold of a boy the same age: the boy had a sheet of tangled black hair that nearly obscured his face. Fraternal twins, Clary guessed. After them came a girl who might have been eight or nine, her face round and very pale between brown braids.

The misery on their faces cut at Clary’s heart. She thought of her power with runes, wishing that she could create one that would soften the blow of loss. Mourning runes existed, but only to honor the dead, in the same way that love runes existed, like wedding rings, to symbolize the bond of love. You couldn’t make someone love you with a rune, and you couldn’t assuage grief with it, either. So much magic, Clary thought, and nothing to mend a broken heart.

“Julian Blackthorn,” said Jia Penhallow, and her voice was gentle. “Step forward, please.”

Julian swallowed and handed the little boy he was holding over to his sister. He stepped forward, his eyes darting around the room. He was clearly scouring the crowd for someone. His shoulders had just begun to slump when another figure darted out onto the stage. A girl, also about twelve, with a tangle of blond hair that hung down around her shoulders: she wore jeans and a t-shirt that didn’t quite fit, and her head was down, as if she couldn’t bear so many people looking at her. It was clear that she didn’t want to be there — on the stage or perhaps even in Idris — but the moment he saw her, Julian seemed to relax. The terrified look vanished from his expression as she moved to stand next to him, her face ducked down and away from the crowd.

“Julian,” said Jia, in the same gentle voice, “would you do something for us? Would you take up the Mortal Sword?”

What does it mean?

Jamie | 29 comments THE SEBASTIAN PIC KILLED ME. NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

♥*♥* The Jokers HarleyQuinn ♥*♥* (themockingjaylives) | 2 comments Teaser 10

She felt dirty all over and looking over Sebastian, sweat on his brow and his naked torso barely covered by the sheets, she had to swallow back bile at what she'd just done.

i'm begging for it not to be about Clary and Sebastian has anyone got anyother ideas?

« previous 1 3 4 5 6