What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

POSSIBLY SOLVED > Book about family of Killer Whales written from young calf's perspective

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (new)

Heather Carr | 1 comments I read a book in the 1980s as a young child that we got from the local library which was a story of a Killer Whale from birth through adulthood told from the perspective of the young whale. He tells the story of how his mother and multiple members of the pod were killed by whalers. The many natural preditors of killer whales are also chronicled in this story. I cannot remember the name of the book or the author's name or even what it looks like. I would really like to read this story again so if anyone has any idea of what book this may be please post.

message 2: by Mary (new)

Mary | 41 comments Could it be Biography of a Killer Whale by Barbara Steiner?

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38242 comments Mod
Heather, are you still looking for this? Was it Biography of a Killer Whale?

message 4: by Rob (last edited Jan 13, 2014 04:15AM) (new)

Rob | 79 comments I think this has been asked before and I think it is Whale by Jeremy Lucas

There are two other threads asking about this (including a previous one from the OP):

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

and

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Cheryl is busier irl atm. (cherylllr) The OP is not active at all on GR, so I will trust Rob's recommendation and move this to Possibly Solved.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Duplicate thread deleted.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Heather has been active on GR this month so maybe she'll get a notification for this.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Biography of a Killer Whale (other topics)
Whale (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jeremy Lucas (other topics)