Random Ramblings discussion

Rambles > 9/11

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 3422 comments http://www.911memorial.org/

Just a reminder to take a moment of silence for all of the people who died on 9/11. RIP

message 2: by Mel (new)

Mel | 1820 comments :'(

message 3: by Sarah, The Random Nerd (new)

Sarah (agentsd) | 11810 comments Mod
RIP

message 4: by Becky, AwesomeOne (new)

Becky (MissFooFoo) | 4249 comments Mod
We lit two candles in Assembly yesterday for it xx

message 5: by Gabby (new)

Gabby (Gabby123) | 853 comments I find it terrible that anyone thinks it's ever appropriate to make jokes about 9/11. I mean, you're taking advantage of a horrifying event where thousands of people died just for a cheap laugh. People like that make me ashamed to be a part of the human race.

message 6: by Becky, AwesomeOne (new)

I totally agree! My heart goes out to anybody who has lost loved ones in this tragic event xx

Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd) (goldenfurproductions) | 4918 comments We watched a video about 9/11 in history class yesterday. I almost cried right there in class.
IT WAS SO SAD!!!!

message 8: by Mel (new)

Mel | 1820 comments Yes. That, and the Holocaust have me balling my eyes out every year in history class. People look at me weird for that, but how can I NOT?! It is so infuriating and upsetting to know that humans can be so incredibly horrible to one another.

Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd) (goldenfurproductions) | 4918 comments My brother thought it was weird that I almost cried. He said, "It's no different than watching videos about World War 2."
But there is a difference!!!

message 10: by Mel (new)

Mel | 1820 comments They both are so horrible.

Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd) (goldenfurproductions) | 4918 comments True, but my brother was joking about 9/11 and then I got upset about it...

message 12: by Mel (last edited Sep 12, 2012 01:46PM) (new)

Mel | 1820 comments I would have, too. Gotten upset, I mean.

message 13: by Cami (new)

Cami (camikittr) Meep. Hey guess what? My parents were married 2 years before 9/11/01 on 9/11. :)

message 14: by Jocelyn (Ducky) (new)

Jocelyn (Ducky) (ducky113) | 2640 comments Did you guys hear about the embassies that were attacked in Lybia and Cairo?

message 15: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 3422 comments I was watching a bit of the news last night and apparently the US ambassador and 3 others were killed on 9/11. I don't remember where though...

message 16: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 3422 comments Of this year. Not 2001

message 17: by Robin (new)

Robin | 5442 comments I saw. It was because of a film that was released by a slightly mad American film producer, right? Because they were protesting against the video and how it made fun of their religious beliefs.

message 18: by Gabby (new)

Gabby (Gabby123) | 853 comments I watched a documentary about 9/11 the other night, and it included all of these stories from people who survived. Of all the people above the impact zone on the South Tower, only one managed to escape.

message 19: by Mel (last edited Sep 14, 2012 12:36PM) (new)

Mel | 1820 comments I would have felt so guilty if I'd been lucky enough to have survived, while everyone else died.

message 20: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 3422 comments Mel wrote: "I would have felt so guilty if I'd been lucky enough to have survived, while everyone else died."

Me too. When it happened I was with my mom and she was getting her blood taken for some reason and a nurse came in and was like, the twin towers were just hit. I don't remember this my mom told me.

message 21: by Becky, AwesomeOne (new)

I watched a bunch of videos on youtube of stories of 9/11
It was so sad... I cried so much!

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

One of my favorite singers actually watched them fall, and he wrote a song about it. It's the kind of thing lots of people would find weird, so you might wanna use headphones, but still.
I think it's this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG0X5m...

message 23: by Becky, AwesomeOne (new)

I had a listen.... I don't really like the band and style of music but I understand the message

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, same here.
(I mean I don't like that type of song.)

message 25: by Becky, AwesomeOne (new)

I've watched numerous 9/11 documentaries and really feel haunted by the whole ordeal. The fact that someone has so much hatred for a country, that they think the only action to take is to try and destroy and kill as many people as possible, clearly goes to show that something is wrong.

Obviously, not everyone is going to get along all jolly and fine. It's like in school. You're not going to like everyone and you're not going to be friends with everyone. But why do we need violence? killing?

The recent Boston Bombings. Another terrorist attack. Three people killed. Three innocent lives ended because of hatred.

The shootings that happen all over the world.

It's just shocking and once again, I apologise for my crap "speech" but I really find it difficult to come to terms with the fact that people go to such high extremes, to I suppose, get their point across

To be honest, I find it incredibly sad that nowdays, we don't feel safe living in our society, in fear of something happening

message 26: by Becky, AwesomeOne (new)

I've watched numerous 9/11 documentaries and really feel haunted by the whole ordeal. The fact that someone has so much hatred for a country, that they think the only action to take is to try and destroy and kill as many people as possible, clearly goes to show that something is wrong.

Obviously, not everyone is going to get along all jolly and fine. It's like in school. You're not going to like everyone and you're not going to be friends with everyone. But why do we need violence? killing?

The recent Boston Bombings. Another terrorist attack. Three people killed. Three innocent lives ended because of hatred.

The shootings that happen all over the world.

It's just shocking and once again, I apologise for my crap "speech" but I really find it difficult to come to terms with the fact that people go to such high extremes, to I suppose, get their point across

To be honest, I find it incredibly sad that nowdays, we don't feel safe living in our society, in fear of something happening

message 27: by ange (new)

ange (mitskis) Agreed...the reality of our world is harsh.

Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd) (goldenfurproductions) | 4918 comments The thing is, while those are all horrible, that's all the news will show. The news only shows the horrible things in the world. They never show the amazing and happy things happening right now.
The news makes you think that the world is a horrible and is on the verge of possibly ending, but while those horrible things are happening, there are beautiful things happening too, they just never tell you about them.

message 29: by ange (new)

ange (mitskis) Exactly. The dark and terrible things are always placed with more importance than the delicate, beautiful things.

Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd) (goldenfurproductions) | 4918 comments And that is why I do not watch the news!

message 31: by ange (new)

ange (mitskis) SAME HERE!

message 32: by Becky, AwesomeOne (new)

I watch the news all the time

message 33: by ange (new)

ange (mitskis) Good job Becky XD