Random Ramblings discussion

Personal Rambles > I'm Sad :(

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 3422 comments Hey guys, I know I haven't been on in a while and I'll probably not be on that much but I'll try.

But one of the reasons I haven't been on recently is because my grandfather recently died. I'm trying not to be sad because I know it just makes it harder for my dad but I'm sad and I've kind of been neglecting any electronic devices so I don't like breakdown and just start ranting about stuff. So, yeah. I'm sad.

message 2: by Robin (new)

Robin | 5442 comments Awwww, I'm really sorry. And it's incredibly kind of you to be worried about your dad. :'( But I'm sure that if you need to rant we're here to listen.

message 3: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 3422 comments Thanks :) I feel like my dad is just ignoring the fact that his dad died and he's like spending a lot more time at work and traveling (he's in London right now) and we all think that it's not good for him but no one wants to say anything and now my mom is all on edge because first he was in Florida to help his mom then he came home and was only home for a few hours before going to London and he doesn't get back from London till Thursday and then I don't know what's going to happen and nobody's sure if he needs to talk about it or if he wants us to pretend like it's not there or what and I kinda haven't told many people except goodreads and like 2 of my friends and sigh.

message 4: by Robin (new)

Robin | 5442 comments Well, I would say that everyone has to cope some how. So he's probably trying not to think about it, but I would think he knows he'll have to accept it.
I think the important thing would be to tell him that if he needs to talk that you and your mum are there. And it might be easiest for him if YOU approach him, not your mum.

message 5: by Sarah, The Random Nerd (new)

Sarah (agentsd) | 11810 comments Mod
Frances, I'm so sorry for your loss. I really wish I could give you a real hug, but since I'm on the Internet, *hugs* And just like Robin said, we're always here for you if you want to talk about anything. <3

message 6: by Becky, AwesomeOne (new)

Becky (MissFooFoo) | 4249 comments Mod
Your Dad is probably very upset about the situation, and is trying to keep it off his mind.
I am so sorry for your loss as well xx We are all here if you ever want to just talk xx <3

message 7: by Khalif (new)

Khalif Frances wrote: "Hey guys, I know I haven't been on in a while and I'll probably not be on that much but I'll try.

But one of the reasons I haven't been on recently is because my grandfather recently died. I'm tr..."

oh,Frances, i know what that's like. my granddad died when i was six(well, he wasn't really my granddad, he was my dad's stepdad, but he was the only grandfather I knew)so, I know what you're going through.

message 8: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 3422 comments Thanks so much guys :) This Saturday my mom, sisters, and I are going to get our nails done and then my mom is going out to dinner with my dad. My sisters and I are treating my mom because she's been stressed with my dad not home as much lately.

message 9: by Robin (new)

Robin | 5442 comments I think that's an AMAZING idea, dude. Get 'em painted a kick butt colour, 'k?

message 10: by Gabby (new)

Gabby (Gabby123) | 853 comments I'm so sorry for your loss Frances :(
My grandfather died earlier this year as well, so I know what you're going through and I was just as worried about my mum as you are about your dad. I hope you have fun on Saturday and you're doing okay xxxxx

message 11: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 3422 comments Robin wrote: "I think that's an AMAZING idea, dude. Get 'em painted a kick butt colour, 'k?"

Bright green :) My mom is running in a half marathon (I have no idea how...) tomorrow so my dad is taking her out that night because she has to eat a non-dairy diet the week before her race (She's lactose intolerant.)

message 12: by Robin (new)

Robin | 5442 comments Ha, I'm mildly lactose intolerant, too. But it's like, ice cream makes me nauseous. And milk, but I'm a soy milk person anyway. And then sometimes frozen yogurt, but not cheeses.

message 13: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 3422 comments Robin wrote: "Ha, I'm mildly lactose intolerant, too. But it's like, ice cream makes me nauseous. And milk, but I'm a soy milk person anyway. And then sometimes frozen yogurt, but not cheeses."

I LOVE SILK SOY MILK IT IS AMAZING! And they went to Red Lobster and we got their left-over coconut shrimp yummmmm!

message 14: by Fran (last edited Sep 17, 2012 07:24AM) (new)

Fran (franswims) | 3422 comments And my mom ran the half-marathon in 2:06:01. YAY!!!!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

WOO-HOO! *Cheers*

I could never run that long. xD

message 16: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 3422 comments Me neither. It doesn't help that I only run sprints but... I hate running.

message 17: by Jocelyn (Ducky) (new)

Jocelyn (Ducky) (ducky113) | 2640 comments Wow, tell her that's awesome for me. My mom ran a half-marathon once. It took a lot of training. I think I'll do one someday too.

message 18: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 3422 comments Ducky wrote: "Wow, tell her that's awesome for me. My mom ran a half-marathon once. It took a lot of training. I think I'll do one someday too."

I won't! Well, actually I might when I'm older and I can't swim or do softball... But not in the next 5 years!