M.A.Z.E discussion

Outside Area > The Stables

Comments (showing 1-49 of 49) (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

( ˘ ³˘)♥ Jay Located to the far west of the school are some stables with some horses. Around certain students the horses seem particularly skittish and then around others they seem perfectly comfortable. The horses don't have any saddle equipment and they obviously aren't really meant to be ridden. Mostly they are meant to be groomed and used as animals of comfort for some of the students at the academy. If you dare to brave bareback riding then be warned.

message 2: by Christina *Cantarella* (last edited Sep 12, 2012 12:28PM) (new)

Christina *Cantarella* | 32 comments Tiffany lay down on top of a lump of hay. She'd deal with the consequences of having to pluck out all of the individual pieces of it from her hair and clothes later, but right now she was enjoying herself in her own little world.
She stared at the roof, still not tired of the peace she found in here even though she'd been lying down there for at least an hour. The only thing she was missing was her music. Instead, she listened to the horses. Their neighs, the slight stomp of their hoofs on the floor, the rustle of the hay beneath them as they moved ever so slightly.

message 3: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) | 44 comments Mod
Ryder looked around what appeared to be a wooden shack that smelled worse then his aunt Silvia's cooking.
"Wait-I have a aunt?" He muttered to himself, then shook his head and kept walking. He must have wandered into the stables as he was looking for the track. He has been here for two weeks and the place was still a maze. He chuckled at his own pun.
He turned a corner and saw Tiffany sprawled out and sleeping on a lump of hay. Ryder immediately bursted out laughing.

Christina *Cantarella* | 32 comments The girl practically felt the sudden hammer of her heart against her chest with the fright the boy had given her. and before she was even fully awake, her body slipped down the yellow strands of hay and onto the ground with an unsettling thud. She groaned into her palm which she'd swept across her face multiple times to try and shake away the grogginess from her sleep.
...And now her knee was bleeding from the fall. How Wonderful. "Uhm... I- God, I wasn't supposed to fall asleep." Were the only words she could mutter before she felt her cheeks turn red from embarrassment.

message 5: by Ayn (new)

Ryder tried hiding his laugh into the back of his hand. When she slid off the hay, he moved toward her. He crouched down next to her, his eyes widened a little when he saw the blood on her knee. Guilt filled his chest for laughing at her. "Sorry, I shouldn't have laughed. Are you okay?" He asked, plucking a piece of straw from her hair.

message 6: by Christina *Cantarella* (last edited Dec 10, 2012 09:18AM) (new)

Christina *Cantarella* | 32 comments "I'm... fine." Her voice was small, quiet.
"And, it's alright. I'd have laughed, too... I think." She gave him a tiny laugh, attempting to brush the blood off her knee without pressing down too much on her grazed skin. She blinked quietly at him when he removed a strand of straw from her hair.
"Thanks..."

message 7: by Ayn (new)

He rubbed the piece of straw between his fingers. The fingers that had just been touching her hair. The corner of his mouth tugged up. "So what are you doing out here?" He eyed the hay surrounding them. It didn't seem like a very comfortable place to sleep.

Christina *Cantarella* | 32 comments "I came here for the quiet, honestly." The girl murmured. "Nobody normally comes here... In fact, I was wondering weather you got lost or something?" Her eyes lingered on his fingers, before they traveled back to his face. Clearing her throat, she bent her unscratched knee and attempted to push herself back up onto her feet.

message 9: by Ayn (last edited Dec 10, 2012 07:29PM) (new)

Ryder wondered if maybe she came here often. He would have asked, but he didn't want to sound cheesy. "As a matter a-fact I did." He stood back up, giving her his hand to help. His eyes caught the blood on her knee again. Frowning, "Are you sure you don't want to get that cleaned up?"

Christina *Cantarella* | 32 comments She graciously took the hand of the... rather attractive stranger and sent him a meek smile as if to say thanks. "Uhm, I might be able to help you get around, if you'd like... Though, if we could just clean it up a little that'd be brilliant." The words had escaped her lips as small murmurs.

message 11: by Ayn (new)

"I would like that." He said. He looked around, observing all the hay scattered on the floor." I guess we should start taking this up." He gestured to the floor. He turned to the wall, grabbing the rake attached to it "I'm Ryder by the way." He brought it down and turned back to look at her expectingly.

Christina *Cantarella* | 32 comments After she'd finished brushing off her clothes (And a little more of the blood off her knee) she turned to grab the second rake from the wall.
"Which place were you looking for?" She asked, right before smiling and replying to his introduction with one of her own.
"Well, it's nice to meet you Ryder...I'm Tiffany."

message 13: by Ayn (new)

Ryder looked down, shuffling the hay on the floor into a pile. "I was looking for the track, I couldn't sleep. Thought that maybe I could tire myself out." He glanced up at her and gave her a small smile before continuing to pile up the hay.

Christina *Cantarella* | 32 comments "Oh, the track's actually not too far from here." Tiffany told him, catching a load of bits of hay in the rake and scraping them onto Ryder's growing pile.
"Sometimes I hear the people jogging laughing around at eachother." She admitted. "I can show you where it is if you're still up for it?"

message 15: by Ayn (new)

Ryder brushed against her as he scrapped more hay into the pile. "Nah, I'm fine now. I'll find out where it is some other time. I'm guessing you come here often?" He said, collecting the final bits of hay before putting it with the larger pile in the corner.

Christina *Cantarella* | 32 comments Making sure her gaze was directed at the ground to hide the colour in her cheeks, Tiffany replied to him, a slight scoff in her voice. "Yeah. The horses are actually used to me now."
When the last bit of the hay had been scraped away, she placed the rake back in it's place and spoke again. "Thanks for that... Sorry I sort of made you do it."

message 17: by Ayn (last edited Dec 11, 2012 06:08PM) (new)

Ryder watched her put her rake back, his eyes skimming her head to heel. He shook his head roughly, then put his rake back on the wall. "It's fine." A horse groaned in its stable. Ryder glanced at it. "Do you like horses?" He nodded in the horse's direction.

Christina *Cantarella* | 32 comments "I ride, actually."
Tiffany admitted, moving over to one of the horses before a tiny glint became visible in her eyes. "Wanna try riding one yourself?"

message 19: by Ayn (last edited Dec 13, 2012 07:12AM) (new)

His eyes widened a fraction and flickered to the horse. "Uh, yeah, sure." He looked around, unsure what to do. His gaze fell on a saddle. He cleared his throat. "Are they, um, saddled?" His hands found their way into their pockets.

Christina *Cantarella* | 32 comments "We sort of need to do that ourselves." Tiffany laughed, moving over to one of the saddles which had been hung in the corner and heaving it off it's hook. She couldn't help notice his possible, slight hesitation.
"If you're not up for this then that's alright." She mumbled warmly, a smile still visible across her face.

message 21: by Ayn (last edited Dec 13, 2012 07:00PM) (new)

"No,no this sounds-" he hesitated."fun." Ryder stepped over to her to and grabbed the saddle from her to put it on the horse, not knowing he put it on the wrong way. He turned to her and grinned, tapping his fingers on his side.

Christina *Cantarella* | 32 comments Tiffany couldn't help the smile which spread across her face at the sight of the way he'd placed the saddle. "Actually..." She mumbled, the playful tone in her voice clearly audible as she moved towards him and swapped the direction which the saddle was facing on the horse.
"... If you're sure about it, then I should definitely tell you that when you're on the horse always hold onto this-" She took his hand in hers to place it over the horses rein quietly. "-because I learnt that the hard way."

message 23: by Ayn (new)

His thumb rubbed against the edge of the hand that was over of his. He scratched the back of his head with the hand that wasn't in hers before he rested it on the horse, cautiously. He turned slowly, facing her. They were less then a foot away from each other. His eyes searched hers, "What happened? Did you get thrown of of a horse?"

Christina *Cantarella* | 32 comments Tiffany's gaze flicked down to the stable floor, and then back to Ryder's eyes before she nodded quietly. It was odd, because the memory had only just hit her right this second... And yet she could remember the pain which had stung through her veins. "I... broke a leg. Nothing time couldn't fix, I guess."

message 25: by Ayn (new)

He nodded slowly, understanding. "I'm surprised you still want to horse back ride after something like that." He looked at the horse skeptically before his eyes glued back to her. He nudged a little closer to her unconsciously.

Christina *Cantarella* | 32 comments "Heh, I don't mind it at all." Tiffany replied, her eyes flitting over to his lips and then back to his own eyes. "In fact, I'm totally alright with riding bareback. There isn't another saddle in here anyway. You can take this horse."
She finished speaking with a smile.

message 27: by Ayn (new)

Ryder tensed when he realized the direction of her gaze. Everything she said after that fuzzed out. He took a deep breath, "What?" his own eyes flickered to her lips then glued back onto her eyes. He gave her a apologetic smile.

Christina *Cantarella* | 32 comments Tiffany couldn't help sending a tiny smile back to him in return.
"The horse. You can take this one. This one with the saddle."
She repeated, already moving slowly over to another horse.

message 29: by Ayn (new)

"Alright." He moved to the saddled horse and hoisted himself onto it. He took a second to steady himself. He watched the horse cautiously, setting its hand on its back.

Christina *Cantarella* | 32 comments "Alright, keep holding the rein." Tiffany remind him, as she walked over to a second horse and used her good leg to hop onto it's back.
"Now, to make him move you very gently nudge your heel into it's side... Wanna give that a try?"
She added with a reassuring grin.

message 31: by Ayn (last edited Dec 30, 2012 11:22PM) (new)

Ryder watched the horse skeptically. He buckled his heel into the horse and the horse took off out the stables. Ryder held to the rein for his life and ducked his head, trying not to be thrown off of the speeding horse. Ryder didn't have enough time to react.

Christina *Cantarella* | 32 comments "Whoa, WHOA!" Tiffany had already sent the command for her horse to move on after him. "Pull the rein! Not too roughly!" She called out, her arms snaking round her own horses neck as gently as possible. She wasn't exactly used to riding bareback, however she was more than willing to speed along to catch up to Ryder.

message 33: by Ayn (new)

Ryder tried to gently pull the rein. The horse slowly galloped to a stop. He sat there for a moment before stiffly getting off the horse. His face was drained of color, he tried to shake it off with a laugh. "Well, I don't think I'll be doing that again."

Christina *Cantarella* | 32 comments (( Gah, sorry about the late reply X_X ))

"Are you alright?" Tiffany said, stumbling over her words as well as off her horse as she rushed towards him. She couldn't help the smile which etched itself onto her face as his reply slipped from his lips.
"Honestly, though... Are you sure you're okay?"

message 35: by Ayn (new)

((It's okay, I'm just happy you replied.))

Ryder shook his head slowly, "I don't think I'm going to be able to have children now." he winced. He stretched out, making sure he had no real damages. Once satisfied that he was alright, he shrugged. "Besides that, I'm fine."

Christina *Cantarella* | 32 comments (( Awh. Omg you're so sweet :3 ))

Yet again, Tiffany found herself unable to resist the smile that lit up her face at his words.
"If you'd like, we can get out of here and away from the horses." She told him. She was actually extremely concerned that he was still hurting.
"I'm sorry about sort of making you ride the horse." She added in a mumble as she began to lead both horses back to the stables.

message 37: by Ayn (new)

Ryder nodded slowly before trailing behind her. He made sure to stay a safe distance away from the horses, he didn't want another bad run in with one of them. "It's not your fault, I'm too damn stubborn to want to look like a coward in front of a pretty girl." he babbled on, trying to reassure her put pausing when he realized his words. His eyes shot to hers, seeing if she had noticed.

message 38: by Christina *Cantarella* (last edited Dec 26, 2012 03:19AM) (new)

Christina *Cantarella* | 32 comments ...And noticed she had.
She blinked owlishly in surprise when their gazes met, casting her line of vision down towards her feet and tightening her grip on the horses' bridles.
"Uhm... Thanks. Though there are much, much prettier, love." Tiffany laughed, trying desperately not to let her awkward nature show.
"And if you'd have refused, that wouldn't have made you look like a coward at all." She added.

message 39: by Ayn (new)

Ryder pursed her lips, trying to figure out if there was a deeper meaning of what she had been talking about. It was stupid if she didn't think that she was pretty, she was gorgeous. He couldn't tell her that now though, he was already making the situation awkward enough.
"Hey, at least we have a fun story to tell now." he gestured to the horses.

Christina *Cantarella* | 32 comments (( MERRY XMAS BTW :D ))

Tiffany chuckled, and nodded at his words. Since they'd reached the stables, she quietly placed both horses back where they were supposed to be. And after moving the one saddle back onto the wall, she turned to Ryder and smiled warmly.
"Y'know, you're one of the sweetest people I've met here so far. I-If you ever want to explore somewhere round this place or something, then I wouldn't mind backing you up with that."

message 41: by Ayn (new)

Ryder bit the inside of his cheek, trying not to smile like a maniac. "I would love a partner in crime." he winked at her playfully but ignored her compliment, not wanting to bring himself too much attention. "How about now?" he nodded his head toward the doors he came in from.

message 42: by Christina *Cantarella* (last edited Dec 27, 2012 11:21AM) (new)

Christina *Cantarella* | 32 comments For yet another time that day, Tiffany found herself smiling at his words... And at his playful wink. "Now sounds brilliant, actually... I mean, both of us saw how bored I was."
A tiny chuckle escaped her lips as a pinkish colour erupted in her cheeks after the words had slipped off her lips.

message 43: by Ayn (new)

"I don't know.. You may have just fallen asleep from too much excitement." he replied sarcastically. Ryder started toward the door of the stables. When he got to it, he turned to see if she was coming along.

Christina *Cantarella* | 32 comments Tiffany stood in her spot for just a second before the smile on her face got wider and she followed after him quickly. She had no clue where on earth they were going, however wouldn't deny that she was a little too excited, considering how... quiet everything had been, even for her.

message 45: by Ayn (new)

Ryder saw her excitement and it prompted him for his last minute decision. He swiftly placed both his hands on her hips, pulling her to him. Before she had the second to react, he crashed his lips down to hers. He pulled back a moment later, eyes sparkling. He released her. "Just thought I'de try that out." he told her simply.

Christina *Cantarella* | 32 comments The surprise was clearly visible in her eyes once their lips had locked... However once she was kissing him back, and her palm had moved to the back of his neck, her eyes eyes had fluttered shut again. She'd had that feeling that she'd known Ryder before somehow and somewhere at the back of her mind... It didn't even feel as if it was all too soon. Which would be the reason that her eyes had seemed to sparkle, too when she sent him a smile before rising on her toes to close the gap between them again to show him that she was more than okay with this.

message 47: by Ayn (new)

Ryder thought he would be filled with the rush of adrenaline from doing something so spontaneous. Or even be surprised that she was kissing him back. He felt something fill inside him, familiarity. It felt like something was on the tip of his tongue but every time he tried to get a grasp on it, it disappeared. He raised a hand from her hip to her face, cupping her cheek. He deepened the kiss.

Christina *Cantarella* | 32 comments (( EXAMS ARE ALMOST DONE kjdfghlkfdjghdgh ))

After their lips had slowly parted, Tiffany couldn't help leaving her gaze linger on his lips. In fact, before the space between then had became a little wider, her lips had ghosted over his for a few heated seconds.
"Well... I'm definitely please that you made that decision." She laughed, referring to the words he'd spoken right after leaving her lips the first time.

message 49: by Ayn (new)

Ryder's mind was still fuzzy and he was having trouble distinguishing what she had said. The most logical response he could come up with at the moment was, "Uh-huh." He reluctantly dropped his hands from her and took a step back in attempt to clear his head. He still felt a strange pull to her, though.