Thus Spoke Zarathustra Thus Spoke Zarathustra discussion


246 views
You in Nietzsche or Nietzsche in you?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 51 (51 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by DV (new) - rated it 5 stars

DV V I read this Book for the first time when I was 15 and it became an inspiration for life. Back then I obviously had a rather vague understanding of philosophy but every phrase in the Book made me think more, live better, be better.

I started studing the Nietzsche world later, had a philosophy course in the university. And later rereading Zarathustra I understood that I was not actually reading what Nietzsch meant but what I saw in his words, in how he put them. Even though I can clearly see what he really wants to say I still keep on looking for and finding my own truth in his words (which is frequently, quite the opposite to his meaning).

Is it the same for you? How do you read this book?


message 2: by David (last edited Sep 11, 2012 06:19PM) (new)

David Krae I have always found Nietzsche's writings to have a sense of humor that might also include more than a little sarcasm as well. If we read his works in the same way as we would the works of most other philosophers, their works being somewhat 'dry' in comparison, it is very possible to misunderstand, misinterpret, or miss the point entirely. An entertaining writer, an interesting thinker, but tricky at times. Worth reading -- more than once.


Gibbon91 David wrote: "I have always found Nietzsche's writings to have a sense of humor that might also include more than a little sarcasm as well. If we read his works in the same way as we would the works of most othe..."

I agree. with you!
Nietzsche mix perfectly philosophy, revelations, poetry, biblical inspirations, romance and more writing styles in this book. Every paragraph must takes with particular attention. In my opinion .. this book can bring you in the mind of Nietzsche better than other work of the Rocken philosopher. I've never find something similar to this in philosophy. Such a brilliant prose brings you in other worlds. In every book i've read I give an interpretation of the author's thinking... in this case is the perfect contrary. You must be a genius to make another Zarathustra.


Randolph I'm trying to cut down on the neechee.


message 5: by 6138 (last edited Dec 05, 2013 08:39AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

6138 One of the great things about Nietzsche is that he wrote about almost anything in a philosophical sense.


message 6: by ch (new) - rated it 3 stars

ch I would say: "Nietzsche and me."

As in a friendship, companionship. Someone you understand but may not always agree with, whose point of view stirs something in you but maybe not in the same way or direction, and could manifest something entirely different from what your friend intended. Yet you and your friend can tolerate that and feel the relationship is richer for it.


message 7: by Matthew (last edited Dec 05, 2013 10:32PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Matthew Williams DV wrote: "Even though I can clearly see what he really wants to say I still keep on looking for and finding my own truth in his words (which is frequently, quite the opposite to his meaning)."

This is not unheard of with Nietzsche. He was a firm believer that wisdom and truth were best expressed with aphorisms and short statements, but which could be seen and interpreted multiple ways. And this is one of the problems of his enduring legacy, how so much of what he said was misrepresented and misinterpreted by Prussian nationalists, fascists and Nazis to seem like it endorsed their views of racial purity and totalitarianism.


message 8: by The Wanderer (last edited Dec 28, 2013 09:33AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

The Wanderer DV wrote: "I read this Book for the first time when I was 15 and it became an inspiration for life. Back then I obviously had a rather vague understanding of philosophy but every phrase in the Book made me th..."

I am sure Nietzsche is deep and stuff, however, spelling should be a number one priority when writing reviews. For example, spelling "studying" and "Nietzsche" correctly. Call me crazy, but this whole thing seems like bullshit.


Matthew Williams Jonathon wrote: "DV wrote: "I read this Book for the first time when I was 15 and it became an inspiration for life. Back then I obviously had a rather vague understanding of philosophy but every phrase in the Book..."

What's bullshit? The premise here, or do spelling mistakes make this bullshit to you. I think you're going to need to explain that rather bold statement,


message 10: by The Wanderer (last edited Dec 28, 2013 09:33AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

The Wanderer You would think because Nietzsche had "such an inspiration” in their life, he/she could spell his name correctly; it's spelled “Nietzsche”. This is an example of why it is bullshit. The spelling of their very idol is reflective of their lack of interest and illustrates their overall laziness.


Matthew Williams Jonathon wrote: "You would think because he/she had "such an inspiration in your life", you could spell his name correctly; it's Nietzche. This is an example of why it is bullshit. The spelling of your very idol ..."

Or it could be that English is not this person's first language, or that they are using a pad or smartphone with cumbersome keystrokes, or that they don't have autocorrect to detect it once they've managed to spell it out. Call me crazy, but I think dismissing the forum as bullshit because of some typos, or assuming it means the person doesn't understand it is seriously overreaching.


message 12: by The Wanderer (last edited Jan 04, 2014 09:58AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

The Wanderer 6138 wrote: "Jonathon wrote: ""Nietzsche" is spelled the same regardless of country of origin. I disagree, misspellings and typos are grounds for dismissal regardless of their background. I guess if you have ..."

6138 wrote: "Jonathon wrote: ""Nietzsche" is spelled the same regardless of country of origin. I disagree, misspellings and typos is a grounds for dismissal regardless of their background. I guess if you have ..."

"Nietzsche" is spelled the same regardless of country of origin. I disagree, misspellings and typos are grounds for dismissal regardless of their background. I guess if you have lower standards for such things, it is acceptable. It is the same low homogenized standards that currently pervade everything from art, culture, music, literature, and especially spelling and grammar...Everything sucks...


message 13: by 6138 (new) - rated it 5 stars

6138 Jonathon wrote: ""Nietzche" is spelled the same regardless of country of origin. I disagree, misspellings and typos is a grounds for dismissal regardless of their background. I guess if you have lower standards f..."

Did you ever considered that misspellings and typos may be caused by poor vision, poor coordination or other conditions like dyslexia or autism and not exclusively by laziness?
I suggest to be a little more cautious with your dismissals, or otherwise the dismissed may be you...


message 14: by The Wanderer (last edited Jan 04, 2014 09:59AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

The Wanderer 6138 wrote: "Jonathon wrote: ""Nietzsche" is spelled the same regardless of country of origin. I disagree, misspellings and typos is a grounds for dismissal regardless of their background. I guess if you have ..."

I think the person can speak for themselves instead of everyone blindly defending and making excuses for their poor quality of writing. In addition, if they suffer from poor vision, poor coordination, or the like that makes it more likely for me to dismiss their writing. I have no pity for such conditions and treat their writing with the same standard as anyone else; no pity! Also, I do not mind whether I am accepted or dismissed, it's not a priority of mine as it is for many who seek to be accepted rather than speak their own minds... Thus Spoke Zarathustra...


message 15: by 6138 (last edited Dec 21, 2013 12:58PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

6138 Jonathon wrote: "6138 wrote: "Jonathon wrote: ""Nietzche" is spelled the same regardless of country of origin. I disagree, misspellings and typos is a grounds for dismissal regardless of their background. I guess..."

The only amusing thing about your stupidity is how proud you are showing it.


message 16: by The Wanderer (last edited Dec 21, 2013 08:22PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

The Wanderer 6138 wrote: "Jonathon wrote: "6138 wrote: "Jonathon wrote: ""Nietzche" is spelled the same regardless of country of origin. I disagree, misspellings and typos is a grounds for dismissal regardless of their bac..."

Your judgement call of me does not change the fact that this person is a shitty speller...Thus Spoke Zarathustra...


message 17: by Matthew (last edited Dec 21, 2013 03:27PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Matthew Williams Jonathon wrote: "6138 wrote: "Jonathon wrote: ""Nietzche" is spelled the same regardless of country of origin. I disagree, misspellings and typos is a grounds for dismissal regardless of their background. I guess..."

Who's "blindly defending them"? We're pointing out simple reasons as to why this person may have misspelled Nietzsche's name. You, on the other hand, insist on making abusive comments about them, saying they have no understanding, are a shitty speller, and intimating they are a coward for not speaking to you directly. Have you considered that maybe they just haven't been by lately, or don't consider these personal attacks worth their time?

It is also seems incredibly silly for you to talk about the depth of a person's understanding when all you're doing is nitpicking their spelling and using it as a pretext to dismiss anything they might say. That's incredibly superficial and arrogant. Seriously, if picking a fight over misspelled words is all you're interesting in doing, you're wasting yours and everyone else's time here.


message 18: by 6138 (new) - rated it 5 stars

6138 Matthew wrote: "Jonathon wrote: "6138 wrote: "Jonathon wrote: ""Nietzche" is spelled the same regardless of country of origin. I disagree, misspellings and typos is a grounds for dismissal regardless of their bac..."

Matthew, your words are the perfect closure for this, Jonathon got way more attention that he deserves.


message 19: by 6138 (last edited Dec 21, 2013 06:23PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

6138 Jonathon wrote: "6138 wrote: "Jonathon wrote: ""Nietzche" is spelled the same regardless of country of origin. I disagree, misspellings and typos is a grounds for dismissal regardless of their background. I guess..."

Jonathon,

I am not talking about "pity". Not at all.

I am talking about "acceptance" and "understanding". I sense that you are not familiar with those two concepts.


message 20: by The Wanderer (last edited Dec 21, 2013 08:21PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

The Wanderer If you want to be taken seriously, I would expect a spelling ability above a 4th grade level. Just a matter of opinion. I find it incredible "superficial" to overlook such a matter and to take anyone serious that cannot spell the simplest of words. I find it ironic they fail to even spell the person's name correctly they so adore. I think it's "arrogant" to dictate and assert that misspellings and incorrect grammar should be acceptable means of communication. Call me crazy, but this seems ignorant to me. Just one man's opinion. Your Ad Hominems stabs and infantile attacks does not change the fact that they cannot spell and therefore should not be taken seriously...Thus Spoke Zarathustra...


message 21: by The Wanderer (last edited Dec 21, 2013 08:18PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

The Wanderer 6138 wrote: "Jonathon wrote: "6138 wrote: "Jonathon wrote: ""Nietzche" is spelled the same regardless of country of origin. I disagree, misspellings and typos is a grounds for dismissal regardless of their bac..."

You're right, I prefer "logic" and "reason" over "acceptance" and "understanding"...Thus Spoke Zarathustra


message 22: by Matthew (last edited Dec 21, 2013 06:42PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Matthew Williams Jonathon wrote: "If you want to be taken seriously, I would expect a spelling ability above a 4th grade level. Just a matter of opinion. I find it incredible "superficial" to overlook such a matter and to take an..."

OUR ad hominem attacks? You opened that door sir, and the way you persist in justifying your shallow and arrogant dismissal of this person and your presumptions about their intelligence based on one misspelled name are only proving what we already know. Twice now you've said "call me crazy", and that certainly appears to be the case. The judgements you are making, and the lengths you've gone to condemn the original poster seem like the best proof of that.

Not sure what your problem is, beyond an extremely high opinion of yourself, but I'm done with you and I imagine everyone else here is all well. But please, feel free to persist in your justifications and attacks, not to mention mislabeling your conceit as logic, as all egotists do. And by all means, feel free to do what all trolls do and hypocritically claim you're not being tolerated when people call you on your bullshit.

And fyi, spelling can be improved, but a shitty personality is permanent!


message 23: by 6138 (last edited Dec 21, 2013 06:43PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

6138 Jonathon wrote: "6138 wrote: "Jonathon wrote: "6138 wrote: "Jonathon wrote: ""Nietzche" is spelled the same regardless of country of origin. I disagree, misspellings and typos is a grounds for dismissal regardless..."

The problem is that you are demonstrating absolute lack of logic and reason in your comments, but lots of ignorance.
Ignorance about conditions that people have that impair tasks that for you may seem easy and you take for granted, as if is a merit being born without physical or neurological limitations, as if is a merit and not pure luck being born with two functioning eyes and not blind, or being born in a country with abundance of resources at your disposal and access to education and not in a third world country, for example.
The sad part is that everyone, including you, at some point needs some acceptance and understanding from someone. I bet your attitude comes from the fact that you are lacking both right now in your life.
The two most powerful forces in the universe are not gravity or magnetism. No, the most powerful forces are stupidity and ignorance, and you are dominated by both. Sad, very sad.
By the way, don't bother answering me, because I won't honor any more of your posts with an answer myself. It's not worth it, you got much more attention than you deserve. The best way to stop tantrums in a child (or in an immature adult, like in this case) is not paying attention.


The Wanderer Matthew wrote: "Jonathon wrote: "If you want to be taken seriously, I would expect a spelling ability above a 4th grade level. Just a matter of opinion. I find it incredible "superficial" to overlook such a matt..."

"But he who is hated by the people, as the wolf by the dogs- is the free spirit, the enemy of fetters, the non-adorer, the dweller in the woods. To hunt him out of his lair- that was always called "sense of right" by the people: on him do they still hound their sharpest-toothed dogs."- Thus Spoke Zarathustra


"LIFE is a well of delight; but where the rabble also drink, there all fountains are poisoned"- Thus Spoke Zarathustra

"He who lives amongst the good- pity teaches him to lie. Pity makes stifling air for all free souls. For the stupidity of the good is unfathomable."- Thus Spoke Zarathustra

"Have a good distrust today you, higher men, you enheartened ones! You open-hearted ones! And keep your reasons secret! For this today is that of the rabble. What the rabble once learned to believe without reasons, who could- refute it to them by means of reasons? And on the market-place one convinces with gestures. But reasons make the rabble distrustful."- Thus Spoke Zarathustra

"And many a one who has turned away from life, has only turned away from the rabble: he hated to share with them fountain, flame, and fruit."- Thus Spoke Zarathustra

"With these preachers of equality will I not be mixed up and confounded. For thus speaks justice to me: "Men are not equal."- Thus Spoke Zarathustra

"He who does not believe in himself always lies."- Thus Spoke Zarathustra

"But they sit cool in the cool shade: they want in everything to be merely spectators, and they avoid sitting where the sun burns on the steps. Like those who stand in the street and gape at the passers-by: thus do they also wait, and gape at the thoughts which others have thought."- Thus Spoke Zarathustra

"But nevertheless I walk with my thoughts above their heads; and even should I walk on my own errors, still would I be above them and their heads. For men are not equal: so speaks justice. And what I will, they may not will!"- Thus Spoke Zarathustra

"To one man, solitude is the flight of the sick one; to another, it is the flight from the sick ones"- Thus Spoke Zarathustra

"The good must crucify him who creates his own virtue! That is the truth"- Thus Spoke Zarathustra

"For nothing is more precious to me, and rarer, than honesty."- Thus Spoke Zarathustra


The Wanderer 6138 wrote: "Jonathon wrote: "6138 wrote: "Jonathon wrote: "6138 wrote: "Jonathon wrote: ""Nietzche" is spelled the same regardless of country of origin. I disagree, misspellings and typos is a grounds for dis..."

6138 wrote: "Jonathon wrote: "6138 wrote: "Jonathon wrote: "6138 wrote: "Jonathon wrote: ""Nietzche" is spelled the same regardless of country of origin. I disagree, misspellings and typos is a grounds for dis..."

Matthew wrote: "Jonathon wrote: "If you want to be taken seriously, I would expect a spelling ability above a 4th grade level. Just a matter of opinion. I find it incredible "superficial" to overlook such a matt..."

"But he who is hated by the people, as the wolf by the dogs- is the free spirit, the enemy of fetters, the non-adorer, the dweller in the woods. To hunt him out of his lair- that was always called "sense of right" by the people: on him do they still hound their sharpest-toothed dogs."- Thus Spoke Zarathustra


"LIFE is a well of delight; but where the rabble also drink, there all fountains are poisoned"- Thus Spoke Zarathustra

"He who lives amongst the good- pity teaches him to lie. Pity makes stifling air for all free souls. For the stupidity of the good is unfathomable."- Thus Spoke Zarathustra

"Have a good distrust today you, higher men, you enheartened ones! You open-hearted ones! And keep your reasons secret! For this today is that of the rabble. What the rabble once learned to believe without reasons, who could- refute it to them by means of reasons? And on the market-place one convinces with gestures. But reasons make the rabble distrustful."- Thus Spoke Zarathustra

"And many a one who has turned away from life, has only turned away from the rabble: he hated to share with them fountain, flame, and fruit."- Thus Spoke Zarathustra

"With these preachers of equality will I not be mixed up and confounded. For thus speaks justice to me: "Men are not equal."- Thus Spoke Zarathustra

"He who does not believe in himself always lies."- Thus Spoke Zarathustra

"But they sit cool in the cool shade: they want in everything to be merely spectators, and they avoid sitting where the sun burns on the steps. Like those who stand in the street and gape at the passers-by: thus do they also wait, and gape at the thoughts which others have thought."- Thus Spoke Zarathustra

"But nevertheless I walk with my thoughts above their heads; and even should I walk on my own errors, still would I be above them and their heads. For men are not equal: so speaks justice. And what I will, they may not will!"- Thus Spoke Zarathustra

"To one man, solitude is the flight of the sick one; to another, it is the flight from the sick ones"- Thus Spoke Zarathustra

"The good must crucify him who creates his own virtue! That is the truth"- Thus Spoke Zarathustra

"For nothing is more precious to me, and rarer, than honesty."- Thus Spoke Zarathustra


message 26: by 6138 (new) - rated it 5 stars

6138 DV wrote: "I read this Book for the first time when I was 15 and it became an inspiration for life. Back then I obviously had a rather vague understanding of philosophy but every phrase in the Book made me th..."

DV,

I think you hit the nail in the head with your first post.

Nietzsche is a very dangerous philosopher, because the meaning of his works is not as evident as others.

I read "The Antichrist" many years ago looking for some kind of validation to some things that I wanted to do and I misinterpreted it completely.

In this very thread you see a clear example of how people take just one book, quote some passages out of historical, philosophical and even intellectual context and with that tries to justify almost anything. The same is done daily with the bible (the lower case is intentional, not a mistake) and other books, mainly religious.

Every ambiguous text is susceptible of misinterpretations and manipulations.


Robert Smith Oh my, Jonathan!

Really now;

"It is the same low homogenized standards that currently pervade everything from art, culture, music, literature, and especially spelling and grammar..."!

"It is the same low homogenized" (homogenize means to blend together- so does that mean a mix of high and low?) "standards that currently pervade everything from" (from implies a range, that is something to something, high to low as opposed to high, medium and low ) "art, culture, music, literature" (where to even start? art, music, literature are constitute parts of a culture so you can either just say culture or list aspects of said for specific emphasis and further, music and literature are ‘arts’ so I expect you what probably meant by ‘art’ here is visual art as opposed to say the art of baking) ",and" (when you list anything more than two items you separate them by commas except for the last which’ and’ is used without a comma-come on this primary school stuff) "especially spelling and grammar…" (I expect you adopted the casual conversational ploy of stopping mid-sentence to imply that the rest of what you had to say was too obvious to actually bother with but actually the dire state of spelling and grammar is the point you are attempting make and so should preface your statement).

So, your sentence should have gone something like this;

“This inability of many people to spell properly or use proper grammar is indicative of the low standards that currently pervade our culture.

I refer you to the expression 'hoisted by one’s own petard'.


message 28: by The Wanderer (last edited Dec 22, 2013 12:14PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

The Wanderer Robert wrote: "Oh my, Jonathan!

Really now;

"It is the same low homogenized standards that currently pervade everything from art, culture, music, literature, and especially spelling and grammar..."!

"It is th..."



You spelled my name wrong, dick...

Though flattered that you had taken the time to painstakingly sift through my mediocre writings (if you want better writing, pay me) with a magnifying glass to ensure the rabble gets their blood, I find your argument weak and boring. You are attacking mostly my style (subjective), rather than any grammar and spelling (objective). I will explain my argument below.

Here is the sentence in question:
"It is the same low homogenized standards that currently pervade everything from art, culture, music, literature, and especially spelling and grammar...Everything sucks..."

Let us start with "homogenized". Homogenized comes from homogeneous. Homogeneous is defined as "of the same kind or similar nature or kind". Therefore the sentence could read "It is the same low similar standards that currently pervade everything from art, culture, music, literature, and especially spelling and grammar". I felt "homogenized" created a stronger point, rather than using "similar". I don't know where you are getting your definitions from, but I can only assume you make them up as you go along. Unlike you, I have provided sources below to backup my statements. Anyways, the word "homogenized" is a matter of style and taste, not grammar and spelling. Let us move onto the next point.

Sources
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/homo...
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/homo...


As for the statement concerning "art, culture, music, literature", it was intentionally used to express emotion by redundancy (much like someone who would yell "no, no, no"). The purpose of this sentence was to be redundant to drive home my point. It was a matter of taste. I find your revised sentence coldly academic, formal, and void of any emotion. However, it is your shitty style; not mine.

You state, "when you list anything more than two items you separate them by commas except for the last which’ and’ is used without a comma-come on this primary school stuff". Again, this is a matter of style you are concerned with, not grammar and spelling. Serial commas are acceptable. In addition, I have no clue what the fuck "come on this primary school stuff" means. Formulating correct sentences IS primary school stuff. Talk about hoisting one's own retard flag...

Source
http://www.getitwriteonline.com/archi...


None of this has to do with the original fact that the person who started this post is a shitty speller, therefore should not be taken seriously. However, I do encourage you to stay up into the late night tediously sifting through all of my excrement with a magnifying glass in a vain attempt to find that golden kernel you can show to the onlooking rabble. However, before discussing, do wash your hands; it’s getting a bit smelly in here.


message 29: by Robert (last edited Dec 22, 2013 03:47PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Robert Smith Geez, really sorry about misspelling your name.
The rest stands and given the childish response it elicited I reckon right on the money.
Hope you continue to enjoy your sense of grievance with me and the rest of world.


Matthew Williams Robert wrote: "Geez, really sorry about misspelling your name.
The rest stands and given the childish response it elicited I reckon right on the money.
Hope you continue to enjoy your sense of grievance with me a..."


Just block him, that's what I did. His kind are incurably trollish, and seem to get some perverse excitement out of wasting other peoples time. I guess people like him just want to spread some of the misery that naturally comes with being the way they are around, huh?


message 31: by Matthew (last edited Dec 26, 2013 11:32AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Matthew Williams So... with that unfortunate turn over with, shall we get back to discussing this book, its author, and what influence he has had on us personally? I for one would like to discuss such issues as his concept of the genealogy of morals, the bestowing virtue, and what he truly had to say about master/slave morality.

P.S. Did anyone else notice that it was Jonathon who spelt Nietzsche wrong (he spelt it Nietzche)? I didn't notice, but that's because I was more concerned with what he had to say. Does this make his entire rant a total joke?


message 32: by The Wanderer (last edited Dec 28, 2013 09:36AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

The Wanderer Matthew wrote: "So... with that unfortunate turn over with, shall we get back to discussing this book, its author, and what influence he has had on us personally? I for one would like to discuss such issues as his..."

Yes...Thus Spoke Zarathustra


message 33: by Matthew (last edited Dec 27, 2013 08:37PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Matthew Williams Jonathon wrote: "Matthew wrote: "So... with that unfortunate turn over with, shall we get back to discussing this book, its author, and what influence he has had on us personally? I for one would like to discuss su..."

You've been blocked Jonathon, so nothing you say is visible to me or anyone else here without their say so. I anticipated you'd troll back though. Folks like you, with underdeveloped social skills and no shame are nothing if not predictable.

And I can imagine you'll claim martyrdom for the fact that you've now been blocked (like I said, predictable). But rest assured, its because you've demonstrated your complete useless and hypocrite. Seriously, judging someone for incorrect spelling when it was you who was getting it wrong all along? What a joke!


message 34: by The Wanderer (last edited Dec 28, 2013 09:37AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

The Wanderer That's true. I have corrected the mistake...Thus Spoke Zarathustra!


message 35: by Matthew (last edited Dec 28, 2013 03:10PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Matthew Williams Jonathon wrote: "That's true. I have corrected the mistake...Thus Spoke Zarathustra!"

Jon, what part of blocked don't you understand? You're messages aren't visible beyond a simple indication that you've posted something. So replying at all is about the dumbest thing you could do. And no one else here is listening to you, regardless of whether or not they've blocked you. So show some damn dignity for once and go troll somewhere else!


The Wanderer It seems to me Matthew and I are the only ones carrying on a conversation in this forum. This is the most depressing thing ever...Thus Spoke Zarathustra...


Matthew Williams Jonathon wrote: "It seems to me Matthew and I are the only ones carrying on a conversation in this forum. This is the most depressing thing ever...Thus Spoke Zarathustra..."

Still not getting it, huh? Oh well. This thread is dead and you sir are a total joke. Goodbye!


The Wanderer Goodbye sweet prince...Thus Spoke Zarathustra...


David Pollard Jonathon wrote: "6138 wrote: "Jonathon wrote: ""Nietzsche" is spelled the same regardless of country of origin. I disagree, misspellings and typos is a grounds for dismissal regardless of their background. I gues..."

misspellings and typos ARE grounds for dismissal


David Pollard Jonathon wrote: "6138 wrote: "Jonathon wrote: ""Nietzsche" is spelled the same regardless of country of origin. I disagree, misspellings and typos is a grounds for dismissal regardless of their background. I gues..."

I do not MIND WHETHER I AM accepted or dismissed, it's not a priority of mine AS IT IS FOR many WHO seek to be accepted rather than speak their own mindS

If you are criticising others, your own syntax should be better.


David Pollard This is no longer a thread about Nietzsche so bye. Or buy (my book Nietzsche's Footfalls).


message 42: by The Wanderer (last edited Jan 04, 2014 10:01AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

The Wanderer Thank you David for taking the time to make the corrections to my comments. I have corrected them accordingly. I am always in need of a good editor and again thank you for the assistance. I am guilty, syntax has always been an issue for me. I will look further into your book, sounds quite interesting. Thank you for promoting it.

On a separate note, What are your thoughts on Blake and Nietzsche?


David Pollard Thanks for your kind words. I have written extensively on this. There is a chapter called 'Self-annihilation and Self-overcoming' in 'Exceedingly Nietzsche' (Routledge) which is available at a good price from Abebooks. - It also has essays by Lingis, Sallis, Wood, etc. There is also a version of this in 'The Poetry of Keats: Language and Experience' from both Leanpub and Amazon although this is a book on Keats. If you cannot get these I can send you a pdf. If you go to my little website at davidpollard.net and navigate to the contact page you can send me your email address. But it would of course be great if buy something. All my poetry is on my site.


message 44: by 6138 (new) - rated it 5 stars

6138 David wrote: "Thanks for your kind words. I have written extensively on this. There is a chapter called 'Self-annihilation and Self-overcoming' in 'Exceedingly Nietzsche' (Routledge) which is available at a good..."

You are right David, this is no longer a thread about Nietzsche, now is about self promotion of your crap.


David Pollard I was asked what my thoughts were on Blake and Nietzsche so directed the questioner to where he might find the answer to that without my trying to precis it to fit into a comment box. My work has been described as fine, illuminating, masterful, etc by people who have read it. Your assessment of it as crap is based on what exactly other than rudeness?


The Wanderer David, I would like to read your work. What would you suggest I start with? Also, I will send you my email if you could please send the PDF. I usual only buy books after reading them, but I could have my library pick it up and you would probably get some money for that.


message 47: by 6138 (new) - rated it 5 stars

6138 David wrote: "I was asked what my thoughts were on Blake and Nietzsche so directed the questioner to where he might find the answer to that without my trying to precis it to fit into a comment box. My work has b..."

No, before being asked anything you started promoting your book.

My comments are based on the fact that I have read your "fine, illuminating, masterful" writings and I think are crap.


David Pollard Sorry - you are probably right. I am crap and should stop publishing. I would like to know which volume youi are referring to and why you thought it crap. Perhaps you might take the opportunity of letting me know of some of your work. As a fine critic I would certainly like to look them up


message 49: by 6138 (last edited Jan 06, 2014 04:43AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

6138 David wrote: "Sorry - you are probably right. I am crap and should stop publishing. I would like to know which volume youi are referring to and why you thought it crap. Perhaps you might take the opportunity of ..."

First, please correct the mistake in your last post, because, as you said before, misspellings and typos ARE grounds for dismissal...

Second, I didn't say that you are crap. I don't know you, so I can't judge you. I said that your books are crap.


David Pollard Jonathon wrote: "David, I would like to read your work. What would you suggest I start with? Also, I will send you my email if you could please send the PDF. I usual only buy books after reading them, but I cou..."

Sorry I thought I had seen your email address but it has vanished. Could you send it again. I have the document in Word ready to send.
Thanks


« previous 1
back to top