Gather Yourselves Together discussion

February > Chapter 1

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Becca (new)

Becca | 160 comments I am really interested in this book right off. What is everyone else thinking?

message 2: by Nicolle (new)

Nicolle | 49 comments Yes the cover looks intreuging, i will start it v. soon

message 3: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany | 194 comments Mod
I have only made it through the first chapter (if you can call them that) and a half, but I really like it already. It jumps right into the story. It doesn't drag at all. I'm thinking right now it reminds me a little of "The Name of the Wind" which is one of my favorite books of all time, so it's got that going for it.

message 4: by Nicolle (new)

Nicolle | 49 comments Chapter One jumps straight into the story with the tragic death of the Hidden including Takeo's mother. I would have loved to see Iida fall off the horse lol.

So far it's great. The plot is good and the characters are interesting.

message 5: by Samuel (new)

Samuel Cook (sammy4444) | 1 comments I like it so far. It is worded fantastically with alot of imagery and the characters are already strongly developing. :) I am excited about this book.

message 6: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany | 194 comments Mod
I must say, I love when authors add maps to the front of the book, so we have something to relate back to when they are talking about what cities they are in, traveling through, etc.

message 7: by Erich (new)

Erich Franz Linner-Guzmann (erichfranzlinnerguzmann) | 81 comments This book starts out great! I have read past the first chapter though, but wanted to put down that I am liking it a lot. It is one of those books that I would have never even grabbed off the shelf to read the blurb even. That is why I think this book club is so great because it is opening my imagination in ways that I thought wouldn't interest me. A historical fantasy book about Feudal Japan; I never would have thought! I have read other books in this time period but were science-fiction in Feudal Europe and not Asia which I don't find as interesting... well maybe not now??? I know this isn't exactly how things went in Japan at this time, but it is a good idea. And Ninja's and Samurai's rock! Sorry, I just had to add that in :).

Chapter 1 hooks you in! Not a lot books do that for me. So Kudos to author for that.