Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) Hush, Hush discussion

Similarites with Twilight Saga

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

BubblesTheMonkey *****SPOILER ALERT- BIG TIME******

Anyone else notice similarities between Twilight Saga and Hush, Hush series?

-male hero (Patch/Edward) wants to kill girl (Nora/Bella)

-both meet in a science class

-Patch and Edward both extremely powerful and extraordinary

-Edward and Patch are both stalkers

-Nora: portrayed as helpless victim. Bella: portrayed as helpless victim... both of the supernatural

-Patch tried to make Nora's life better by leaving her (and erasing memory) and Edward left to make her life better as well... tried to get rid of all evidence he was ever there. Neither Patch nor Edward could resist staying away for long.

-Crazy ladies (Dabria/Victoria) try to kill girl for revenge

-Both Edward and Patch are mysterious

Got any more? I know I missed many.

Mimi ❤ -Both Ed and Patch wanted by all the girls
-Bella and Nora are supposed to be super smart
-Bella googled Vampires just as Nora googled Angels
-At the end, there's a little showdown involving Edward saving Bella. At the end on Hush Hush there's also a showdown with Patch saving Nora
-Bella and Nora both have single parents who never look out for their children

S.L.J. Edward/Patch do the whole 'I'm a being a douche because I secretly like you' thing.

Gabby Oh, yes. because they're so similar, Edward is a Vampire and Patch is a Fallen Angel. Yeah, real similar.

BubblesTheMonkey Gabby wrote: "Oh, yes. because they're so similar, Edward is a Vampire and Patch is a Fallen Angel. Yeah, real similar."

I wasn't talking about that :O

Gabby I know, i was just joking :)

xrysa scott/jacob are enemies with patch/edward and they love the same girl ;)

Elizabeth I hated Twilight but Like hush hush. i see the similarites but still, hush hush is way better!

Emily Peña I second that, but I think Twilight is okay.

BubblesTheMonkey Gabby wrote: "I know, i was just joking :)"

oh lol :)

Sydney How come everybody wantsd to compare these books? Becca Fitzpatrick didn't copy Twilight, and I know because it took her 5 years to swruite Hush, Hush and if it came out in 2009, then that means she has been writing it since 2004 aqnd Twilight came out in 2006. If anything Stephanie Meyer copyed Hush, Hush. But she didn't do that. These books are NOT similar! Stop hanging on to that! They are NOTHING alike.

Mimi ❤ Sydney wrote: "How come everybody wantsd to compare these books? Becca Fitzpatrick didn't copy Twilight, and I know because it took her 5 years to swruite Hush, Hush and if it came out in 2009, then that means sh..."

You do realize that it is possible for an author to update her manuscripts?

Halle Honestly. You could compare any paranormal romance book to another and come up with uncanny results. In truth, they are all written similarly.

Kasey ew. how can you compare them

Halle I'm saying. At least Patch doesn't sparkle ^nose crinkle^

message 16: by Halle (last edited Sep 22, 2012 01:30PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Halle kristina wrote: "scott/jacob are enemies with patch/edward and they love the same girl ;)"

Scott doesn't love Nora. You'd find that out if you stopped over-analyzing and picked up the third book. So stop frowning then complaining about the wrinkles you're getting. You can find the Great Wall of China and get over it. Or buy a milkshake and suck it up. Either works for me.

Kasey i think everyone tries to think that a new book was based on things from other books. get over yourself.

Gabby BubblesTheMonkey wrote: "Gabby wrote: "I know, i was just joking :)"

oh lol :)"

Yeah. sorry to confuse you :)

Cameron Things are similar...so what? You can't be so extremely oringinal that it doesn't make sense.

message 20: by Mimi ❤ (last edited Sep 17, 2012 02:27PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mimi ❤ To all of you complaining about how we're comparing the two books: Get off your damn high horses. It's a discussion. Were drawing out correspondences for a DISCUSSION. Were not declaring WW3. No like? Piss off. Stop telling people to "get over their selves" and how about you run off and continue with your love fairs with Patch and Nora.

Halle Why, dear Melina. Are you quoting me? I'd like to thank sane people that influenced my answer..

Cameron Wow...you two are alike lol

Mimi ❤ Three spaces up from my latter comment, Halle.

BubblesTheMonkey Sydney wrote: "How come everybody wantsd to compare these books? Becca Fitzpatrick didn't copy Twilight, and I know because it took her 5 years to swruite Hush, Hush and if it came out in 2009, then that means sh..."

It was just when I was reading I noticed similarities. I've actually spotted similarities of Twilight with other books as well, but Hush, Hush had some significant similarities.

BubblesTheMonkey Melina wrote: "To all of you complaining about how we're comparing the two books: Get off your damn high horses. It's a discussion. Were drawing out correspondences for a DISCUSSION. Were not declaring WW3. No li..."

lol

Faith Jeez, one of these days, a book will cause WW3. That would be hilarious and stupid at the same time!

Anyways, I would have to say that Nora is a much better character than Bella. Bella goes into that depressed faze while Nora doesn't! Nora is always looking for answers while Bella is all "I'm going to go psycho until I get Edward back!" Also, no crew of angels like Edward has. Patch is a total loner while Edward has a "family".

Halle That is true. Nora is a stronger character than Bella (though I still don't like her). Nora is more curious about Patch's history than if he thinks her hair looks pretty.

Halle Melina wrote: "Three spaces up from my latter comment, Halle."

And, Oh my, God, right above that one it says I said to 'get over it'. Weird, huh?

message 29: by Harii (last edited Oct 12, 2012 11:48AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Harii Oh my goodness, I thought I was the only one. I noticed it right away from the beginning. They have a LOT of similarities. The first one I noticed was the "Biology Class". And the fact that they both have 4 books in all.

S.L.J. Obsidian, Hush, Hush, Twilight, Cappuccion, Latte, Mocha, their all the same, just with a few differences in how they're constructed.

Elliegrace and also in the new moon of hush hush (creschendo..i tnk thats how u spell it) nora does dangerous things (like goin to that pool hall with scott) that she normally wouldnt do.

Flora (Ludacris) Gabby wrote: "Oh, yes. because they're so similar, Edward is a Vampire and Patch is a Fallen Angel. Yeah, real similar."

Is it suppose to be sarcastic? If yes, I agree.
People. Seriously? Nora is so much better than Bella. Bella knew only to whine and draw attention to herself, such that Edward can save her. -,- *irritated*

Patch... Well, Nora saved herself, she doesn't need Patch. He's just a guy for Nora to fall in love with.

Dallas BubblesTheMonkey wrote: "*****SPOILER ALERT- BIG TIME******

Anyone else notice similarities between Twilight Saga and Hush, Hush series?

-male hero (Patch/Edward) wants to kill girl (Nora/Bella)

-both meet in a scienc..."

1.)Edward is a vampire he wants to kill everyone. Patch wants to kill her for something in return 2.) Duh Science is like the only class with participation with partner. 3.)Edward doesnt even come close to what Patch can do. Aww he can read minds. thats so cute. Patch can control Edward to kill Bella if he wanted and probably get through Bella's little shield to. Patch is just as fast if not faster and just as strong if not strong. Patch could whoop Edwards a** and then some. You can't measure up to a holy being 4.) Patch stalked her since August the year before they met. Edward stalked her only after she moved there. 5.) duh there helpless how else are we suppose to see the guy in the book is capable of. 6.) THE DIFFERENCE IS IN THE SENTENCE! He erased her memory! I didn't see Edward do that!! 7.) Dabria tried to killed from Jealousy NOT revenge. 8.) Of course there mysterious would you like a book to start out. hey I'm Edward im a vampire or hey im Patch im a fallen angel.

Dallas Mimi ❤ wrote: "-Both Ed and Patch wanted by all the girls
-At the end, there's a little showdown involving Edwar..."

1.) PATCH IS WANTED BY MORE GIRLS THEN THAT SPARKLING BLOOD SUCKER 2.) ok so would you want the main character to be an idiot? 3.) So? We live in an age in which people Google EVERYTHING there curious about. 4.) yeah but edwards showdown was because James wanted to kill Bella for the fun of it, Patch's Vessal (of a different species then Patch unlike in Twilight) wanted to kill out of revenge and technically Patch didnt save Nora. She dies!!! THEN he saves her. There wasn't any reincarnations in Twilight 5.) Noras dad died and that actually has something to do with the plot. Bella's are just divorced. HUGE difference there. how is that the same? And Nora's mom DOES look after her when she can but shes always out of town. Charlie stays at home.

Dallas Halle *thePotterHead* wrote: "I'm saying. At least Patch doesn't sparkle ^nose crinkle^"

YUP :) That has to be the gayest thing anyone has ever wrote. That vampires get in the sun and sparkle. really?

Dallas Elliegrace wrote: "and also in the new moon of hush hush (creschendo..i tnk thats how u spell it) nora does dangerous things (like goin to that pool hall with scott) that she normally wouldnt do."

To show Patch she can live without him. In New Moon she does it because she's desperate to see him. She shut almost everyone out for a long time because Edward broke up with her. Another difference. NORA breaks up with Patch. A she doesnt sit around waiting to die like Bella basically did. Nora stole Patch's Jeep for crying out loud.

Courtney Simon hush hush and twilight good match

Dallas S.L.J. wrote: "Edward/Patch do the whole 'I'm a being a douche because I secretly like you' thing."

Patch isn't a douche to to Nora. At first maybe because he didnt want to get emotionally attached to her so he could kill her, but after he just said stuff to make her feel uncomfortable. Edward wanted Bella to stay away from him thats why he was a douche

Dallas I seriously got this account to show they are not alike in as many ways people would think. They are making a Hush Hush movie and the producer is worried people will read about Hush Hush and think its a twilight rip off WHEN ITS NOT!!

Dallas Flora (Some things aren't as easy as it seems) wrote: "Gabby wrote: "Oh, yes. because they're so similar, Edward is a Vampire and Patch is a Fallen Angel. Yeah, real similar."

Is it suppose to be sarcastic? If yes, I agree.
People. Seriously? Nora is ..."

Thank you! Someone gets it

Courtney A.K.A The Book Addict Dallas wrote: "Flora (Some things aren't as easy as it seems) wrote: "Gabby wrote: "Oh, yes. because they're so similar, Edward is a Vampire and Patch is a Fallen Angel. Yeah, real similar."

Is it suppose to be..."

I totally agree with absolutely EVERYTHING you said Dallas. And lol, who would want a boyfriend that sparkles in the sun?

Dallas ♥Courtney♥ Ƨнα∂σωκιƨƨɛ∂4ɛʌɛя ♊ wrote: "Dallas wrote: "Flora (Some things aren't as easy as it seems) wrote: "Gabby wrote: "Oh, yes. because they're so similar, Edward is a Vampire and Patch is a Fallen Angel. Yeah, real similar."

Is i..."

Thank you!! :) I hope I make other people see that they are not alike to.

Courtney A.K.A The Book Addict Dallas wrote: "♥Courtney♥ Ƨнα∂σωκιƨƨɛ∂4ɛʌɛя ♊ wrote: "Dallas wrote: "Flora (Some things aren't as easy as it seems) wrote: "Gabby wrote: "Oh, yes. because they're so similar, Edward is a Vampire and Patch is a F..."

no prob. I just hate seeing people compare a book that I absolutely love to something that is nothing alike.

Mimi ❤ Dallas wrote: "Mimi ❤ wrote: "-Both Ed and Patch wanted by all the girls
-At the end, there's a little showdown ..."

I haven't read Hush Hush in 2 years so unfortunatly I am unable to argue back because my knowledge is fuzzy, but one thing I do remember is both men are screwed in the head and like too-stupid-to-live girls. And another thing: Hush Hush is parallel to Twilight on SO MANY LEVELS. Argue all you like, but you'll never change that fact no matter how hard you try

Taylor Sipos What? I don't think such a lame book like Twilight should be compared to Hush Hush Saga I agree sure Patch and Edward do stalk and are always being fawned on by female audiences but what book series isn't? I mean seriously if your going to compare these two books compare them with every single series out there and well there would be no sacred series that has no stain of Twilight Saga. Plus Nora actually saved other peoples lives while all Bella just writhed around on the floor like she was having a seizure oh and who could forget the zombielike depression people had to suffer through. I do not agree that you can say hey they are so similar without looking at every YA Paranormal Fiction series out there. :)

Mimi ❤ Twilight's Stephanie Meyer made a whoppin' 125 million of Bella and Edward. How about Patch and Nora? Yeah, I didn't think so. I think it's unfair to call Twilight "lame" without validating why it's better than Hush Hush, which frankly, are both too similar. Is their something wrong with basing your story off Bella and Edward? No, it's perfectly fine. But to try to justify it by claiming their love is completely different is silly and obviously not true.

And your right, there are LOADS of Twilight rip offs. Evermore and Fallen are the two biggest examples. So don't think I'm picking on just Hush Hush

Taylor Sipos Okay well I had no information to know that you weren't My bad but I happen to like the book and In my opinion Twilight is a bit lame i'm sorry if that offends you but I also think that declaring that Nora actually goes and tries to protect her friends and they have funny character and surprising bad guys makes it better than Twilight. If she based her story off a vampire human romance I didn't know that and that surprises me but if thats factual alright I never said I didn't agree with that literally really good books have that basis of a story. I just think unlike Bella Nora actually did more and I find this book to be a really good book better than Twilight. I can see where you'd see similarities but I myself do not agree. I find that Patch and Nora's love is a lot different from Edwards and Bella Lion and Lamb. Sure Patch wanted to kill Nora and he didn't much like Twilight. But Patch is a darker character and is always enticing Nora into different situations Unlike Edward's whose impulses stopped him from doing that. Sure they both had mad love for each other but I just think its different also never said that their love is different till now and I find that its not silly. Patch and Nora actually started off hating each other while Bella and Edward were like love at first sight Bella and Edward Broke up for different reasons as well and they'd easily share their feelings while it took Patch a while to actually be able to say so. Sorry if I offended anyone once again :)

Mimi ❤ Nah it doesn't we are all entitled to our own opinions :)
Oh well I've only read the 1st 2 books a long time ago so i dont know much about Nora's proactivity

Taylor Sipos I find that the second one really didnt do the series justice and the next three i think are better

Mar +9 I've finished reading hush hush 5 minutes ago and I have been searching for the incredible similarity between hush hush and twilight.
But after a while, I think there are much many diferences too. I wanna think that no one copied a book. And I can think that because some months ago I had an incredible good idea to write a book and then appeared in the cinema a film with exactly the same topic.

Soooo, to sum up, this two books are similar, but the same happens with a lot of other books (delirium, the uglies, matched...) and it's usual to find similar stories.

« previous 1