CrazyBookWormies discussion

The Rise of Nine (Lorien Legacies, #3)
This topic is about The Rise of Nine
Ze Books > The Rise of Nine by Pittacus Lore

Comments Showing 1-50 of 60 (60 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Nicole, 1. 2. 3. (last edited Sep 11, 2012 06:21AM) (new) - added it

Nicole | 1683 comments Mod
Book: The Rise of Nine by Pittacus Lore

Summary:
Until the day I met John Smith, Number Four, I'd been on the run alone, hiding and fighting to stay alive.

Together, we are much more powerful. But it could only last so long before we had to separate to find the others. . . .

I went to Spain to find Seven, and I found even more, including a tenth member of the Garde who escaped from Lorien alive. Ella is younger than the rest of us, but just as brave. Now we're looking for the others--including John.

But so are they.

They caught Number One in Malaysia.
Number Two in England.
And Number Three in Kenya.
They caught me in New York--but I escaped.
I am Number Six.
They want to finish what they started.
But they'll have to fight us first.

Part of a Series? The Lorien Legacies # 3

Beware of Spoilers!

Jan Bethel (jan_bitz) | 60 comments I'm here! hahaha! ;) I'm still hoping for Five to be a guy. :P

message 3: by Nicole, 1. 2. 3. (new) - added it

me too! Well, Who shall be partnered with?

Jan Bethel (jan_bitz) | 60 comments I want Six for Sam, well, Four for Sarah (since I guess that's how it's gonna be), Marina for Eight (they're starting to be my favorite pair!) and.... uhm... Ella for Nine??? hahaha! I'm kidding! ;)

message 5: by Nicole, 1. 2. 3. (new) - added it

No! lol, Ella is still a baby! ♥

But maybe after years? :))

Jan Bethel (jan_bitz) | 60 comments She can transform into an older version of her. haha! I'm pretty glad that in the end they found each other.. Now it's just Five that we have to wait. Setrakus Ra is pretty scary.. Ugh!

message 7: by Nicole, 1. 2. 3. (new) - added it

yes yes! Invading their dreams! Can you believe that! Eight is so cool. In the middle of the book where marina was jealous of Six and Eight, I was like, Maybe Six will leave Four and be with Eight and maybe Seven will like Four and Sarah can die somewhere. lol :))

Jan Bethel (jan_bitz) | 60 comments HAHAHA! Now that made me roll on my seat! haha! Can't we have it like Seven goes to Eight and Four goes to Six??? hahaha! And yeah, Sarah can go to Setrakus Ra or whoever! haha! I'm still rooting for Seven and Eight! :p

message 9: by Nicole, 1. 2. 3. (new) - added it

HAHA, I love your Idea! =) We shall pray for that! We shall advocate. I hope the next book will have more lovey dovey with The Loriens!

Jan Bethel (jan_bitz) | 60 comments I know, right? haha! I wish to see Sam too. Too bad all their Sepan's had to die! That was a really sad part.

message 11: by Nicole, 1. 2. 3. (new) - added it

I know I hope BK will live long. It's just the death of a dog really pains me. :(

Anyway, Where is Sam? That is the question!

Jan Bethel (jan_bitz) | 60 comments Yes, yes! And hey! Now how will they find the other chimeras? Right? They were going to find them, remember? But now Crayton is dead. Boy! I do hope he wrote it in the letter where he hid them.

Oh, SAM, where are you??!!! I just wish Setrakus Ra is not torturing him.

message 13: by Nicole, 1. 2. 3. (new) - added it

Yes! Sm is so Cute to be harmed. I can still remember when he was wearing his father's glasses. He's so sweet. ♥

Crayton is my only hope, I thought he will live for a long time you know? =) But I hope he did wrote it. Pittacus is killing me!

Jan Bethel (jan_bitz) | 60 comments haha! yes, me too! Pittacus will be the death of us! :P I wonder when the next book will be out and what it's title would be. By the way, Is it just me or did you also enjoyed this one more compared to the Power of Six?

message 15: by Nicole, 1. 2. 3. (new) - added it

Hmm, I liked this one. Eight is so entertaining! ♥

Jan Bethel (jan_bitz) | 60 comments Yeah, me too. I actually found the second book pretty draggy and boring. Anyway, let's cross our fingers for the fourth book!

message 17: by Nicole, 1. 2. 3. (last edited Sep 11, 2012 07:10AM) (new) - added it

*Cross fingers* The Secong book is I dunno, Very dragging too but I like Six and Four Moments! I totally despised when Four came back to Ohio for Sarah! She should be punished even though she didn't really do the traitoring.

Jan Bethel (jan_bitz) | 60 comments Nicole wrote: "*Cross fingers* The Secong book is I dunno, Very dragging too but I like Six and Four Moments! I totally despised when Four came back to Ohio for Sarah! She should be punished even though she didn'..."

hahaha! You have the "I-totally-hate-Sarah" aura surrounding you! haha! But I want to see the movie anyway. I just wish they'd make it!

message 19: by Nicole, 1. 2. 3. (new) - added it

Yup Yup! Sorry for the Aura like that! I was just a very Vocal person when it comes to those things that I hate. =) I got that from my mom. :))))

There was speculations only for the next movie. :(

message 20: by Mig, Books are my drugs. (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mig (minzo) | 1267 comments Mod
OMGGGGGGGGGGG IM READING YOUR SPOILERS!!! I MUST GO.

Jan Bethel (jan_bitz) | 60 comments Nicole wrote: "Yup Yup! Sorry for the Aura like that! I was just a very Vocal person when it comes to those things that I hate. =) I got that from my mom. :))))

There was speculations only for the next movie. :("

hahaha! no wories, Nicole. I'm enjoying reading your thoughts! ;) Aww.. I'm still wishing for a movie.. There's got to be one!

Jan Bethel (jan_bitz) | 60 comments Paperworm wrote: "OMGGGGGGGGGGG IM READING YOUR SPOILERS!!! I MUST GO."

Sorry 'bout that, Paperworm! hahaha! Well, you better hurry up and finish the book already. It's really good. ;)

message 23: by Mig, Books are my drugs. (new) - rated it 3 stars

I STILL NEED PLASTIC COVER!!!! BTW, Jan...

Are you going to Manila International Book Fair?
I'm going on Saturday while Nicole will probably go on Sunday. How about you?

Jan Bethel (jan_bitz) | 60 comments Paperworm wrote: "I STILL NEED PLASTIC COVER!!!! BTW, Jan...

I'm going on Saturday while Nicole will probably go on Sunday. How about you?"

Hahaha! I had mine covered the day I bought it just so I can read it already.. haha!

Aaawww! I really, really, really want to. So bad I want to pull my hair out. But I can't. One, I have an important exam to take on Saturday. And two, my parents won't allow me. So yeah, I'll be missing aaallll the fun. ='C I promised myself I will be going the next time it happens again.

message 25: by Mig, Books are my drugs. (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jan Bethel wrote: "Paperworm wrote: "I STILL NEED PLASTIC COVER!!!! BTW, Jan...

I'm going on Saturday while Nicole will probably go on Sunday. How about you?"

Hahaha..."

Aww... well you can go next year though... Good luck on your exam!

Jan Bethel (jan_bitz) | 60 comments Yes, yes! You will definitely see me there next year! hahaha! I'll finally be graduating from college so my parents will surely be a little loose on me. Thanks! :) You and Nicole enjoy the fair. Please don't make me too jealous. haha!

message 27: by Mig, Books are my drugs. (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jan Bethel wrote: "Yes, yes! You will definitely see me there next year! hahaha! I'll finally be graduating from college so my parents will surely be a little loose on me. Thanks! :) You and Nicole enjoy the fair. Pl..."

Ohhh i will definitely make you jealous!!!! *grins* MWUAHAAHHAAHHAAHAHAHAAH! just joking! :P

Jan Bethel (jan_bitz) | 60 comments HAHAHAHA! :P naughty boy! ;)

Jan Bethel (jan_bitz) | 60 comments Hey, guys! Do you also have Pittacus Lore's The Lost Files? I bought it together with The Rise of Nine but I haven't read it yet. I also found Number Eight's Origin Story on iamnumberfourfans.com. I'm pretty excited to read it too. Not to mention the one entitled The Search for Sam.:)

message 30: by Mig, Books are my drugs. (new) - rated it 3 stars

Yup, Six's legacy was boring. Nine's was awesome! I haven't read the Fallen('s?) Legacies though.

I'm actually the one (and the other guy who i don't remember) who created the Number Eight's Origin Story 'book page' here on Goodreads and added the link to the story so everyone can read it.

In fact, I'm actually the one who is the only active at changing info's about the Lorien Legacies... which is weird.. since you know.. LL has a lot of fans (especially in the Philippines! True Fact!)

Jan Bethel (jan_bitz) | 60 comments Really?? That's awesome! hahaha! Got to give you the thumbs up for that! :D

I just read Eight's Origin Story. It was too short! Argh! Wish it was longer!

message 32: by Nicole, 1. 2. 3. (last edited Sep 11, 2012 11:13PM) (new) - added it

@Paperworm, Are you reading the book? ;) I hope you do!

Anyway, I might go in Sunday in MIBF or Saturday, I dunno, I got school in Sunday! Sucks. Then there is this ASAP thingy in our school this saturday. Either way, I'll be there. :))) lol.

message 33: by Mig, Books are my drugs. (new) - rated it 3 stars

@Nicole - I'm currently reading City of Fallen Angels.. I still need to cover Rise of Nine before i read..

message 34: by Nicole, 1. 2. 3. (new) - added it

Aww, I hope you will, but I guess you've read our spoilers though.

message 35: by Mig, Books are my drugs. (new) - rated it 3 stars

Not all of them

message 36: by Nicole, 1. 2. 3. (new) - added it

Goooood! :) After the Snape Spoiling, I don't want you to get more spoiled.

message 37: by Eduardo (new)

Eduardo | 5 comments I just want to say that Pittacus Lore is one of the coolest author's name ever. Pittacus Lore. Say it out loud and marvel at its inherent awesomeness.

message 38: by Mig, Books are my drugs. (new) - rated it 3 stars

Eduardo wrote: "I just want to say that Pittacus Lore is one of the coolest author's name ever. Pittacus Lore. Say it out loud and marvel at its inherent awesomeness."

YES. yes it is!

message 39: by Nicole, 1. 2. 3. (new) - added it

Haha, even his name is awesome :))))))

message 40: by Mig, Books are my drugs. (new) - rated it 3 stars

Done reading the book.. :)

message 41: by Nicole, 1. 2. 3. (new) - added it

Paperworm wrote: "Done reading the book.. :)"

How was it? ;)

Jan Bethel (jan_bitz) | 60 comments Paperworm wrote: "Done reading the book.. :)"

I'd like to know what you think too.

message 43: by Nicole, 1. 2. 3. (new) - added it

Yieee. :) We can spoil all the wayyy!

message 44: by Mig, Books are my drugs. (new) - rated it 3 stars

IT WAS AWESOME. except for the ending.. it's like the author just tossed all the ideas around and made up a random ending... not really exciting but i love the rest of it. :)

message 45: by Mig, Books are my drugs. (new) - rated it 3 stars

I read a review on Goodreads about this book and it says that Eight died on Rise of Nine.. turns out after reading the book... THE REVIEWER IS A BIG FAT LIAR!

Jan Bethel (jan_bitz) | 60 comments Paperworm wrote: "IT WAS AWESOME. except for the ending.. it's like the author just tossed all the ideas around and made up a random ending... not really exciting but i love the rest of it. :)"

hahaha! yeah, I felt that too. But it was pretty awesome, right? It was better than the second book. ;)

message 47: by Nicole, 1. 2. 3. (new) - added it

Yesss. I can't wait for the next one! I just have to have it now. lol. I still Hate sarah though. :))

Jan Bethel (jan_bitz) | 60 comments Paperworm wrote: "I read a review on Goodreads about this book and it says that Eight died on Rise of Nine.. turns out after reading the book... THE REVIEWER IS A BIG FAT LIAR!"

hahaha! And remember that part about the drawings on the wall about eight dying?? I also thought he would die at the end of the book!

message 49: by Nicole, 1. 2. 3. (new) - added it

LOL, He can't die. The Review surely didn't read it righT!

message 50: by Mig, Books are my drugs. (last edited Oct 13, 2012 06:50AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

I liked the first 2 books more in the series... ;)
WAIT... Ii Ddont Kknow...... fine, Rise of Nine is much better than the two... the only thing that ruined it for me is the freaking ending... i really hate the ending... it's just... ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The bad ending made a big effect on the book so i don't know if i liked the book more or not in the series.

Sorrrrryyyyyyyyyy... :(

When i read the part of Sarah and Six's conversation about Four
My Reaction: MY SHIP IS FIXED!!! TEAM SARAH AND FOUR!!!! Sorry! :)

My newly built ship: Seven and Eight = SO CUTE!!!

« previous 1