Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone discussion

Best moment in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Upasana Best moment in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone? Mine is when they are going to Hogwarts in their boats for the first time. Beginning of a great adventure and so much more!

Jeni "Yer a wizard, Harry."

That made the whole thing instantly exciting for me.

Line I think the best moment is where Harry and Dumbledor talks about the mirror (Can't remember whats it called), where dumbledore says something about his bathroom habbits...

Nada Al-Karmi When Harry enters the last chamber & finds Quirrel in there.

Kayla De Leon When Harry, Ron and Hermione were battling the troll.

message 6: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 15, 2012 06:52AM) (new)

After they find Fluffy when Hermione says. 'I'm going to bed before you two come up with another plan to get us killed.Or worse. Expelled.'

Avani The whole book!

Maybe when Neville was awarded the extra ten points from Dumbledore. That was pretty exciting.

Khira Azhed For me,, its Harry's first Quidditch game.. ;D

Kimberly Probably when Harry meets Ron on the train :) beginning of an awesome friendship!!

Brynne When they have to go into the Forbidden Forest with Malfoy!!!

Kimpie Re-reading the book, the House Cup is my favorite because it makes me teary eyed because it's so normal and innocent even after what happened, okay?

But in the first time I've read it. I really liked the conversation of Harry and Dumbledore about The Mirror of Erised.

Nichola I liked his first encounter with Diagon Alley. For me the first book in this series was one of the most magical. It had a certain naive appeal about it, similar to the magic at christmas when seen through a childs eyes. I think JKR did a great job of capturing that essence in her writing on this novel.

Helen Stevens The whole 'mystery' at the beginning, and then Diagon alley. Fantastic stuff.

Pranshu ♥ Mariah ♥ wrote: "After they find Fluffy when Hermione says. 'I'm going to bed before you two come up with another plan to get us killed.Or worse. Expelled.'"

That's probably my favorite part, too.