A Song of Ice & Fire Fans discussion

A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, #4)
This topic is about A Feast for Crows
Cersei's Prophecy (spoilers book3 thru 4)

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Luv_trinity | 27 comments According to Cersei's prophecy, she's supposed to be betrayed by the valonqar, which she says she had interpreted as being her little brother Tyrion. But couldn't the prophecy also refer to Jamie? Although we do not know the order in which Jamie and Cersei was born. The propheocey could refer to him if he was born a few minutes after Cersei. Isn't there also a possibilty that Tywin might have had bastard kids? (I know Tywin didn't like whores, but that doesn't mean he never slept with one )

The other part of the prophecy stated that Cersi would be replace by a younger , prettier queen who would take all that is dear to her. Cersi thought it was Sansa. Which was one of the reason why she hated Sansa so much. Now she think the prophecy refer to Margaery Tyrell. However since the prophecy only said a young pretty queen , couldn't it be about Dany? or her daughter Myrcella ?( Prince Oberyn once was thinking of placing her on the throne1> )

Gianluca (gianlucag) | 118 comments I can't quite remember that first part of the prophecy you mentioned, but I think that the "younger , prettier queen who would take all that is dear to her" is Daenerys.

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) | 392 comments That's part of the beauty of the piece, as the Queen could conceivably be either Sansa, if Baelish's machinations bear rotten fruit, Margaery, depending on what House Tyrell has up its florid sleeve, Danaerys, if she ever gets over to Westeros, or even Myrcella, who seems to be central to Dorne's ambitions of securing the throne. We've had a clash of Kings, it would seem the time is near for a quandary of queens!

Lannister (lannisteruk) Luv_trinity wrote: "According to Cersei's prophecy, she's supposed to be betrayed by the valonqar, which she says she had interpreted as being her little brother Tyrion. But couldn't the prophecy also refer to Jamie?..."

I've always assumed the Valonqar was Jaime. It's only been mentioned half a dozen times that Cersei was born first, so it seems significant to me that GRRM has made a point of drawing our attention to this.

There is another theory that "Little Brother" might not necessarily mean Cersei's little brother, but really any young brother. I actually wondered, now that Lancel Lannister has found religion, he could be a 'brother' in a Monk sort of sense and he might feel Cersei violated him and want to kill her. The 'brother' thing could also apply to anyone in the Night's Watch, though apart from Jon, I don't think any of them are likely.

My money's on Jaime, though. It said somewhere in the books that they came into the world together, and they would go out together, so my theory is that Jaime will kill Cersei and he will die himself soon after (which will leave my crying!! Not about Cersei - good riddance - but my poor Jaime deserves a chance!)

I think Dany is most likely to be the younger, prettier queen, but honestly, it could be her or Sansa or Margaery. GRRM has a bad habit of throwing prophecies out there, then offering up several characters who could potentially fulfil them.

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) | 392 comments Or at the risk of sounding facetious. 'little' could refer to physically little, which might bring Tyrion into the mix, which is I believe how she sees it, but it could also have a more, ahem, lascivious meaning. Cersei has slept around, there's no doubting that, as with Lancel, little brother could, if taken in a certain way, imply an unimpressively endowed conquest of hers, whoever that may be is anyone's guess.

Prin (prncss1121) | 126 comments Johnny wrote: "I can't quite remember that first part of the prophecy you mentioned, but I think that the "younger , prettier queen who would take all that is dear to her" is Daenerys."

i agree with this. I think it's more Daenerys than Sansa or Margaery :P

Lannister (lannisteruk) I think the single biggest reason for Tyrion NOT being the Valonqar is the fact that Cersei thinks he IS! And, as we know, Cersei is wrong about everything!! ;)

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) | 392 comments Lannister wrote: "I think the single biggest reason for Tyrion NOT being the Valonqar is the fact that Cersei thinks he IS! And, as we know, Cersei is wrong about everything!! ;)"

Indeed, she probably anticipated Tyrion turning against her, but never Jaime.

Luv_trinity | 27 comments Lannister wrote: "Luv_trinity wrote: "According to Cersei's prophecy, she's supposed to be betrayed by the valonqar, which she says she had interpreted as being her little brother Tyrion. But couldn't the prophecy ..."

I think the prophecy could mean Jamie because Cersei would totally not expect it. Jamie have been getting himself work up over Cersei sleeping with Lancel,Kettleback and maybe Moonboy. So I can see him killing her in a fit of rage. However I also have been thinking that Tywin might have had a bastard kid out that that neither Cersei ,nor Jamie know about. He could be the one who wound up killing Cersei.

message 10: by Maggie (last edited Sep 11, 2012 02:17PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Maggie (lacr1mation) Luv_trinity wrote: "Although we do not know the order in which Jamie and Cersei was born."

In one of Jamie's chapter in SoS it says she is 3 mins older than him.

Kenneth Geary (kennethhayes) it also said he came out behind her holding onto her foot