The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) The Lightning Thief discussion

Should Percy Jackson have been a TV Show?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 95 (95 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Andrea (last edited Sep 10, 2012 09:16PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Andrea You know, since they didn't get it right at all in the first movie. I don't know, but they probably would have more time to explain things if it was a TV Show. And maybe, just maybe, each chapter could have been an episode. What do you think?

Serena That would lead to some frustrating episodes. :D
Also even as a TV show they wouldn't get things "right ".
There are some examples of books turned to TV shows.
The Vampire Dairies
True Blood
The Dresden Files.
Dexter

Avani I think it's right as a movie, but it could have at least been a better movie.

Brittny No because the movie was terrible! Anyone who read the book thought so!

Hailey I think they should make both the tv series would be awesome and the books are always better than the movies, for your FYI.

BUT I REALLY LOVE THE BOOK SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CAN'T WAIT FOR THE SEA OF MONSTERS, AUGUST 16, 2013

message 6: by Sal (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sal It should be maybe a tv show but this time has the correct info not false like the MOVIE

((Savanha)) If it were turned into a tv show and they did all the books, they would start making up stuff to keep it going and to make more money. Unless one book would be for that season one book a year or something. But i see what you are saying where they could do a chapter at a time.

Clara No. Just no. If you're going to convert a series into something, you do NOT turn it into a TV show. That is just wrong!!

Leila Useini nah i dont think so because it would have sucked anyway

Malika yes!

message 11: by Clea (new) - rated it 5 stars

Clea I think it should have been because they could explain things better and id be more at the edge of my seat.

message 12: by Mila (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mila They should make the books into a TV series. It's way to good to be a movie. They've attempted it and all, but it didn't really do justice to the book. The movioe was still semi entertaining though, although my family had to sit through me yelling at how inaccurate it was.

Ryanwanner that would have been good for the first few episodes but it would have gotten bord fast

Ryanwanner Brittny wrote: "No because the movie was terrible! Anyone who read the book thought so!"

thats true the books were better

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

An animated TV show would have been awesome, because you could have anyone do the voices and the characters would look right. And every chapter an episode, and every book a season. And Rick Riordan writing the transcript so it wouldn't be wrong. :D

message 16: by Clea (new) - rated it 5 stars

Clea Yeah i think it should be a tv show. You could really see everything better cause in the movie its limited time.

Tonari Escobedo Clea wrote: "Yeah i think it should be a tv show. You could really see everything better cause in the movie its limited time."

Yup but new actors i did not like who they chose for the movie, they were all too old!

Alison They probably won't make it into a TV series. Besides, if it was a TV show, you'd probably hate it just as much. (Since they always change things that were originally in the book. Like The Lying Game or Pretty Little Liars.)

message 19: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah No. No no no. I don't like when books get turned into TV shows.

Sigfred Vhen Yes I think it is a good idea to convert it to TV series

message 21: by Iñigo (new)

Iñigo it should be a tv series maybe even animated (like avatar last airbender) it would be easier to explain things and loose less things that the movie did

emma (thehapabookworm) I'm not a big fan of the books but I would watch a Percy Jackson tv show.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

It could be good: )

Rissa Cpt. Jack Sparrow Is awesome no, no tv show. in my opinion, that would cheapen the awesomeness of percy. and I really wouldn't be impressed. and theres the problem of the actor for percy being way too old, the series wouldn't last long because he'd be in his twenties.

Flory Dieguez I'm Currently reading The Lost Hero, and yesterday i was watching Once Upon A Time. And then it accord to me, wouldn't it be awesome if someone could make Percy Jackson And the Olympians television show ? there's also a lot of material in the Heroes of Olympus series... Can we make a petition or something ?

Nicoleofan {mellie} Omigosh, I asked myself the same question a while back.
I think, yes.

Nancy (Apollo) (George) Would have sucked since the ending we already know so why stretch it?

message 28: by Ms. (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ms. Anderson Well, considering that modern media is still trying to grasp(and has grasped) the money-making successes of YA Fiction, no. They should go away, make stories by themselves, stop trying to make movies out of almost every book possible, unless they actually make it really, really good.

Oh, I heard Catching Fire was something.

Nicoleofan {mellie} It would be cool animated. If they tried to make it with real people, I don't think I would be interested.
Then they also wouldn't have to worry about that aging issue!!

Julia Maybe a miniseries. To make it tv show, the producers would try too hard to stretch it out. It would be a while before they had that problem (they could do Percy Jackson and the Olympians for the first 2-5 seasons, and Heroes of Olympus for another 2-5 seasons).

No, the more I think about it, the more I think movies are more appropriate. They just have to make them better than they did the first two.

Alexa If the tv series would be better than the movies, then I say GO FOR IT! Just get rid of those HORRID movies!

Nicoleofan {mellie} Ya, the movies suck

message 33: by Paul (new) - rated it 4 stars

Paul Silvia Yes, each chapter an episode, two seasons per book.

Matthew Nah it should have been a cartoon imagine it
Percy Jackson VS. The Man-Eating Koala

Katie Cota Yes! Movies don't always get it quite right.

Unicorn Absolutely!!

Jammiedodgerofdoom Oh, god no! Listen to my logic: if a movie company got the Percy Jackson books wrong, the television series would crash and burn within the first episode, and they would probably one have one miniseries season, with each episode an hour or two long.

message 38: by Kye (new)

Kye Hill I love the idea, but i think it should be done as an anime, i mean as a series they could put every bit of detail into it making the charcters spot on and putting detail into to every scene besides if somebody thinks its a bad idea, you dont have to view it

Raquel Fonseca no, absolutely not! all the fantastic creatures and landscapes that we imagine by reading the books would not be easy to bring to life, and i think it would be a disappointment..

Dennis John Since I heard that they would not be able to complete the series in movies, they could've made a TV series for it. But I'm still hoping that they would make a third sequel for it. SEA OF MONSTERS was a very good redemption for the LIGHTNING THIEF which was very far from the book.

message 41: by Hali (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hali The movie was pretty awful. I wouldn't mind a TV series for it, even if they changed it a little. Of course things couldn't be done as extravagantly, but anyone who expects to see exactly what they saw in their head on the screen is delusional.

message 42: by Mario (last edited Oct 17, 2014 12:08PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mario Adrin It should definitely not be a TV show. But it should be a cartoon, the book is written for kids. Also there are a bunch of books, including the Heroes of Olympus. It should be kinda like Avatar the Last Airbender type of animation. And like mentioned, one episode per chapter.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736...

Mario Adrin Andrea wrote: "You know, since they didn't get it right at all in the first movie. I don't know, but they probably would have more time to explain things if it was a TV Show. And maybe, just maybe, each chapter c..."

It should definitely not be a TV show. But it should be a cartoon, the book is written for kids. Also there are a bunch of books, including the Heroes of Olympus. It should be kinda like Avatar the Last Airbender type of animation. And like mentioned, one episode per chapter.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736...

message 45: by Abby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Abby C. No way! I don't think that it should be made into a TV series: besides, I think that more people would go watch the movies over the series, but maybe not. Anyway, I do not think it should be made into a series!!!

message 46: by T.C. (new) - rated it 4 stars

T.C. Michael I think if the director and screen writer read the book and put a lot more effort into a quality production, on top of actually trying to follow the story line as closely as film will allow. Then I think a TV show of the book series would be awesome.

nekku There's definitely more hope for a TV show to be more accurate than a movie.

message 49: by Amir (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amir definitely yes they should put the TV show on a famous channel that all children and adults who read all the book about Percy Jackson should be able too watch, it funny cause i was thinking the same think the other day

Shannon C. Funny, I actually brought this idea of a TV show series up on a thread on The Blood of Olympus when the question was "should this series be made into a movie." I was like, uh, naw, because they crapped up the movies they DID make so much, they just shouldn't even try.
I think PJO/HOO would make a FANTASTIC TV series, provided that they animated it (I'd love to see Disney do it, or someone use the style of tumblr artists like viria, burdge, andythelemon, minuiko or lazyleezard).
I also think that the best way to format it would be by doing one or two books per season (cuz lets face it, the 600 pages in The House of Hades is way more than that of The Sea of Monsters), and then each episode could cover like a one, one-and-a-half or two chapters, again depending on the book and/or the chapter. Then the TV specials could be them making an episode based on one of the short stories by Rick Riordan in The Demigod Files and The Demigod Diaries! Heck, they could probably make specials for the Greek/Egyptian crossovers where Carter meets Percy and Sadie meets Annabeth (but then I'd want a TV series for Kane Chronicles too, but hey, who wouldn't?)
So, in short, yea, I think they could pull off a TV series if it was something like what I've got up there, since I'm pretty sure that would meet the expectations of every PJO/HOO fan (hey, my friends liked the idea a lot, so why the heck not? XD)

« previous 1