Happily Ever After Book Club discussion

Book & Poll Discussions > September 2012- The Reluctant Bachelorette

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathy (last edited Sep 10, 2012 07:18PM) (new)

Kathy | 635 comments Mod
We wanted to start our group off with a bang, so we chose Rachael Anderson's newest book The Reluctant Bachelorette. I think this will be a fun pick and currently it's on sale for only $2.99 (it's only available in ebook at this time). Below is a summary of the book.

The Reluctant Bachelorette by Rachael Renee Anderson Unknowingly cast as the bachelorette for her town’s charity event, Taycee Emerson wants out. Especially when she discovers her old teenage crush, Luke Carney, is one of the bachelors and it's up to the viewers--not her--to decide which bachelors stay or go.

Coerced into participating, Taycee does what any self-preserving girl would do. She launches a subtle attack on Luke’s good name with the hope of getting him voted off the show. Unfortunately, Luke's an eye-for-an-eye kind of guy, and when he discovers what she's up to, it means revenge.

But when their pranks go south, will they screw up any chance they have at a future together, or will they be able to forgive and forget and prove that love really does conquer all?

message 2: by Katie (new)

Katie (Hiding in the Pages) | 188 comments Mod
I'm dying to read this, so good choice, Kathy!! Now I have an excuse to buy it. :)

message 3: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 635 comments Mod
Katie- I really think you'll enjoy this one. I think its one of Rachael's best!

message 4: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 166 comments Mod
Katie! It's the best $2.99 you can spend. ;-)

message 5: by Katie (new)

Yay!! I had to finish another book first but I am totally ready to start this one today. :)

message 6: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Waters | 68 comments I'm 23% into it and can't stop smiling!!! I know what is going to happen but I still LOVE it!!

message 7: by Deborah (new)

Val, I'll be interested to see if what you thought happens...happens. ;)

message 8: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 183 comments Mod
Alright you ladies definitely have me wanting it now.:)

message 9: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Waters | 68 comments Oh Deb what does that mean????? Now maybe I don't know...ahhhh I need more time to read. I may be staying up REALLY late tonight :)

message 10: by Katie (new)

I'm halfway through now and am TOTALLY LOVING IT!!!!!! I may be staying up really late tonight as well.

message 11: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 183 comments Mod
Alright, I'm definitely buying it.

message 12: by Deborah (new)

Heidi, good choice! Val, this will be fun discussing it!!!

message 13: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Waters | 68 comments Yes it will!! When do we get to discuss?? LOVED the book! yep, stayed up until 2:30 am reading!!!

message 14: by Kathy Jo (new)

Kathy Jo (kjincali78) | 185 comments Mod
LOVE this book!! So much so that I was "sneaky" at work and acted like I was "text messaging" on my phone but what I was REALLY doing was reading it using the cloud reader app... hehe. Yeppers... I got hooked and LOVED every minute of it!! Great choice Kathy!! :o)

message 15: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 635 comments Mod
I'm so glad everyone is enjoying the book. I always get nervous chosing books for others to read. I hope that we can always pick books that everyone loves as much as this one.

message 16: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Rodriguez | 3 comments I just finished reading the book and I LOVED IT!!! :) I just bought it today and could not put it away! This was a great recommendation! I must confess today I was unable to get any work done at the office past 3pm (when I got the book), just like one of the reviewers I pretended to be concentrated reading reports or checking emails while I was on the kindle app reading the book.

message 17: by Deborah (new)

I love that you all LOVED it! I agree with Kath, sometimes it is a little intimidating to pick one for a large group. I think discussions will start in a few days. Everyone be prepared!!

message 18: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 11 comments I read it yeasterday. What a fun book! I'm looking forward to discussing it.

message 19: by Kathy (last edited Sep 16, 2012 07:53PM) (new)

Kathy | 635 comments Mod
I just checked and it looks like The Reluctant Bachelorette is available to loan through amazon,, so if anyone would like to borrow my copy just let me know.

message 20: by Linda (new)

Linda Trionfo | 1 comments OK, I am convinced....I will get it this week!

message 21: by Kathy Jo (new)

Kathy Jo (kjincali78) | 185 comments Mod
I am willing to loan mine out as well. Just let me know!

message 22: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 183 comments Mod
Started it...finished it...LOVED it!!!!

message 23: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 635 comments Mod
Heidi,I KNEW you'd love it. I started the discussion under Book Chat, so jump on in. :P

message 24: by Deborah (new)

Yes all! Jump into the discussions of what you loved, liked or dream about. ;-) LOL!

message 25: by Toni (new)

Toni (tonipugmire) | 10 comments Heidi wrote: "Started it...finished it...LOVED it!!!!"

can't wait to read it!

message 26: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 183 comments Mod
It's so cute mom! You can borrow mine if you want.

message 27: by Toni (new)

Toni (tonipugmire) | 10 comments Thanks Heidi, but I had to get my own. I'll take it with me on our trip this week.

message 28: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 183 comments Mod
;) IF they give you a chance to read;)lol

message 29: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 383 comments It is on Kindle for just .99 today! I just bought it...