English for Academic Success discussion

11 views
Ideal Reading Setting

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Darcy (new)

Darcy Poquette (darcylapp) | 34 comments Mod
Describe your ideal reading setting. Where? What time of the day? Season? Noise?

Write a descriptive paragraph.


message 2: by Miguel Angel (last edited Sep 15, 2012 03:57PM) (new)

Miguel Angel | 5 comments I like to read at night, when everything is quiet and no body is bothering me.I hate reading when there is a lot of people around me talking, I can't focus.When I start reading a good book I don't stop until my body goes off and I fall at sleep.


message 3: by Levi (new)

Levi Kongqiao (LevikEly) | 9 comments I like horror books by myself. i don't like make noises when i am reading. i like my dog lay next to me when i am reading. i don't like read a lot, i like read a part everyday, if i want to know what happen in the next part i well continue reading. love books. :)


message 4: by Anja (new)

Anja (Cutee9) | 9 comments I like reading when I'm alone in my room with a little bit of music not loud at all. We are a lot of people in my house so when everybody is in their room, I just turn on my music at the lower volume, read my book under my blanket. Of course, with a glass of milk !


message 5: by Zab (new)

Zab abga (zabdiabga) | 4 comments I like to read i my bed it doesn't matter at what time as long if it's not between 6 to 12.I all so love reading before going to bed i found out it helps me sleep fast


message 6: by Bousso (new)

Bousso Seye | 3 comments I to read a lot because I need more new words. I like to read when I am going bed.I don't like people making noise when I am reading. I like it to be quiet.


message 7: by Miguel Angel (new)

Miguel Angel | 5 comments Anja wrote: "I like reading when I'm alone in my room with a little bit of music not loud at all. We are a lot of people in my house so when everybody is in their room, I just turn on my music at the lower volu..."

like lol


message 8: by Xao Kong (new)

Xao Kong (xkyang21) | 9 comments My ideal place for reading is being outside on a cloudy day with a cool breeze. But the time has to be in the evening. The season I would want in read would be in the Winter. It has to be quiet when I read or I won't remember what I'm reading...


message 9: by Javi (new)

Javi González (goodreadscomjavigonzalez) | 5 comments I like to read when I'm traveling, so I can feel that the time passes faster, and I also like reading in my room alone when there's no noice.


message 10: by Tito (new)

Tito Covarrubias | 3 comments I like to read when i am in my room with some music


message 11: by Darcy (new)

Darcy Poquette (darcylapp) | 34 comments Mod
Anja wrote: "I like reading when I'm alone in my room with a little bit of music not loud at all. We are a lot of people in my house so when everybody is in their room, I just turn on my music at the lower volu..." I like the glass of milk part! :) I'm a big fan of tea myself!


message 12: by Darcy (new)

Darcy Poquette (darcylapp) | 34 comments Mod
Tito wrote: "I like to read when i am in my room with some music"
What kind of music do you like to listen to when you read? I like some background noise, but it can't be songs that I know really well because then I'll start singing the song instead of reading. ;)


message 13: by Darcy (new)

Darcy Poquette (darcylapp) | 34 comments Mod
Javi wrote: "I like to read when I'm traveling, so I can feel that the time passes faster, and I also like reading in my room alone when there's no noice."

I can relate! One of my favorite places to read is on an airplane. Granted, I don't fly that often, but I look forward to finishing a book or two on long flights. I recently got a kindle for trips like that...so I wouldn't have to pack so many books!


message 14: by Darcy (new)

Darcy Poquette (darcylapp) | 34 comments Mod
Levi wrote: "I like horror books by myself. i don't like make noises when i am reading. i like my dog lay next to me when i am reading. i don't like read a lot, i like read a part everyday, if i want to know wh..."

YAY! Glad that you like reading. Can you think of any more horror books you have liked? That will help me pick out books for you!


message 15: by Darcy (new)

Darcy Poquette (darcylapp) | 34 comments Mod
Zab wrote: "I like to read i my bed it doesn't matter at what time as long if it's not between 6 to 12.I all so love reading before going to bed i found out it helps me sleep fast"

Do you mean between 6 and 12 at night? Is that because you'll fall asleep? I read right before I go to bed too -- at that time, I read things for fun because if I were to read something for work, I might not finish because reading right before bed in bed also makes me sleep well. :)


message 16: by Darcy (new)

Darcy Poquette (darcylapp) | 34 comments Mod
Bousso wrote: "I to read a lot because I need more new words. I like to read when I am going bed.I don't like people making noise when I am reading. I like it to be quiet."

Good to know. Do you like any music (without words) in the background, or do you like it completely silent?


message 17: by Darcy (new)

Darcy Poquette (darcylapp) | 34 comments Mod
Xao wrote: "My ideal place for reading is being outside on a cloudy day with a cool breeze. But the time has to be in the evening. The season I would want in read would be in the Winter. It has to be quiet whe..."

I am similar. I like reading in the winter best. However, I do love reading outside on a nice summer day too. I also like it silent or with just a little random background noise (NPR, classical music, or quiet TV).


back to top