English for Academic Success discussion

Top Five Books of All Time

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Darcy (new)

Darcy Poquette (darcylapp) | 34 comments Mod
List and briefly summarize your top five books of all time. With each, write a 1-2 sentence summary.

message 2: by Levi (new)

Levi Kongqiao (LevikEly) | 9 comments Umm i don't remember all the book i read...
there is one " the lightning thief " about the gods, Zeus lost his lightning ball i think, and he want Percy to find the lightning ball and he did.
Is the only one i can remember.

message 3: by Levi (new)

Levi Kongqiao (LevikEly) | 9 comments abut the lightning BALL, is not BALL is (bolt) the lighting bolt.

message 4: by Miguel Angel (last edited Sep 15, 2012 04:09PM) (new)

Miguel Angel | 5 comments The Outsider: Two teenager run away from their gang family and change their life for ever.
Speak: A girl tells how miserable her life is after that night.
American-Born Chinese:This book is about fiction, comedy and drama when you get to the end you will find it very interested
Risen in the Sun:This a play about a black family that suffers of discrimination and shortage of money.
Novio Boy: This boy a freshmen who fall in love with a senior.

message 5: by Miguel Angel (new)

Miguel Angel | 5 comments Levi wrote: "Umm i don't remember all the book i read...
there is one " the lightning thief " about the gods, Zeus lost his lightning ball i think, and he want Percy to find the lightning ball and he did.
Is t..."

don't tell the end!! what if I wanted to read it? :o

message 6: by Xao Kong (last edited Sep 18, 2012 06:30AM) (new)

Xao Kong (xkyang21) | 9 comments The Hunger Games: It's about Katniss Everdean a girl who goes to a arena of life and death. She must fight to live on in order to save her family from starvation.

message 7: by Darcy (new)

Yay! I am happy you like this series so much. I hope you like Mockingjay, too. For me, Mockingjay put everything in perspective, and I liked the way it wrapped up the story. I felt very satisfied. You will have to let me know what you end up thinking!

message 8: by Darcy (new)

Miguel Angel wrote: "The Outsider: Two teenager run away from their gang family and change their life for ever.
Speak: A girl tells how miserable her life is after that night.
American-Born Chinese:This book is about ..."

@Miguel~ I am so glad you enjoyed the books we read last year. I hope you will like the ones we read this year too.

message 9: by Javi (new)

Javi González (goodreadscomjavigonzalez) | 5 comments speak: melinda is a lonely highschooler, but there's a reason why she acts in that way.
between here and forever: it's about a girl's sister who had an accident and she won't wake up. The girl tries to find her sister's big secret.
Novio boy: a guy who likes a girl in high school and he tries to go in a date with her.

I don't remember reading other books in English? Lol

message 10: by Darcy (new)

Javi wrote: "speak: melinda is a lonely highschooler, but there's a reason why she acts in that way.
between here and forever: it's about a girl's sister who had an accident and she won't wake up. The girl trie..."

They could be books in Spanish too.

message 11: by Darcy (new)

Levi wrote: "Umm i don't remember all the book i read...
Is t..."

Did you read this for school or just for fun?

message 12: by Darcy (new)

Xao wrote: "The Hunger Games: It's about Katniss Everdean a girl who goes to a arena of life and death. She must fight to live on in order to save her family from starvation."

YAY! Is the first book your favorite in the series. I liked HUNGER GAMES best, followed by MOCKINGJAY, followed by CATCHING FIRE. I think the three as a whole are great.

message 13: by Anja (new)

Anja (Cutee9) | 9 comments My top 5 would be, 1: Cathing Fire
2: Hunger Games
3: Pretty little Liars
4: Player
5: Mocking Jay

message 14: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Cintora (anabrenda) | 1 comments My top 5 Books would be:
1:The Hunger Games:
2:American born Chinese: This book is about fiction, comedy and drama when you get to the end you will find it very interested.
3:Speak:A girl tells how miserable her life is after that nigh.
4:novio boy:This boy a freshmen who fall in love with a senior girl but he thinks that it can not be posible.

5:Risen in the Sun:This a play about a black family that suffers of discrimination and shortage of money.