English for Academic Success discussion

What is your favorite genre to read? What books have you read in that genre?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Darcy (new)

Darcy Poquette (darcylapp) | 34 comments Mod
What is your favorite genre to read? What books have you read in that genre?

Examples of genres include: dystopia, mystery, romance, young adult, teen lit., drama, horror, non-fiction, self-help, and more.

Write one paragraph.

message 2: by Miguel Angel (new)

Miguel Angel | 5 comments I love book that talks about adventure and drama. I have read "the outsider" which is one of my favorites books, and i have speak,I think this was a pretty good book if you haven't read it you should,I recommend it.

message 3: by Anja (new)

Anja (Cutee9) | 9 comments My favorite book would be funny, teen lit, drama and mystery. The book that I'm reading right now is called ' Beauty Queen ' And I really like it, it's funny and a little bit of mystery !

message 4: by Levi (new)

Levi Kongqiao (LevikEly) | 9 comments I like to read book when the book talk about Mystery and horror. I have read a book about horror, don't remember what's the name. Hope there is any book of horror i want to read. ;)

message 5: by Zab (new)

Zab abga (zabdiabga) | 4 comments I like non fiction and adventures book.I've read the book life in prison it' about a black man who grown up in the ghetto and his parents was divorced so when he was about 19 he was the one of the best ghetto leaders ,they where two gungs groupand he kill a lot of people and one day he almost got killed but they put him in jail and he diced to change

message 6: by Xao Kong (new)

Xao Kong (xkyang21) | 9 comments My favorite genre to read is anything. But right now it's dystopia. I got into it, because of the Hunger Games.

message 7: by Javi (new)

Javi González (goodreadscomjavigonzalez) | 5 comments I like books that while you're reading it encourages you to keep doing it, to figure something out about the story.

message 8: by Darcy (new)

Anja wrote: "My favorite book would be funny, teen lit, drama and mystery. The book that I'm reading right now is called ' Beauty Queen ' And I really like it, it's funny and a little bit of mystery !"
You might like "Does My Head Look Big in That?" It is Teen lit and pretty funny. I have a copy if you want to check it out.

message 9: by Darcy (new)

Miguel Angel wrote: "I love book that talks about adventure and drama. I have read "the outsider" which is one of my favorites books, and i have speak,I think this was a pretty good book if you haven't read it you shou..."

I am glad you liked SPEAK. Now that we've read THE HUNGER GAMES, would you add that to your list? Why or why not?

message 10: by Darcy (new)

Javi wrote: "I like books that while you're reading it encourages you to keep doing it, to figure something out about the story."

Can you think of any examples?

message 11: by Darcy (new)

Levi wrote: "I like to read book when the book talk about Mystery and horror. I have read a book about horror, don't remember what's the name. Hope there is any book of horror i want to read. ;)"

Do you think THE HUNGER GAMES was similar to horror? What about ASHFALL?

message 12: by Darcy (new)

Zab wrote: "I like non fiction and adventures book.I've read the book life in prison it' about a black man who grown up in the ghetto and his parents was divorced so when he was about 19 he was the one of the ..."

I like non-fiction a lot too. We'll be doing some non-fiction reading circles this year. Your book sounds really interesting. Do you know the title?

message 13: by Darcy (new)

Xao wrote: "My favorite genre to read is anything. But right now it's dystopia. I got into it, because of the Hunger Games."

What do you think about ASHES? There are 3 books i that series, and then ASHFALL will have 3 too.

Have you read the HARRY POTTER series? I was sort of anti for a while, but then 2 years ago, I made myself get through the first one, and then I was HOOKED. The series as a whole is sooooo good and well-written.

message 14: by Anja (new)

Anja (Cutee9) | 9 comments I like romantic and action book, but my favorite it's when both of those themes are mixed together.

message 15: by Anja (new)

Anja (Cutee9) | 9 comments I read the Hunger games and catching fir that's why I was so into it !

message 16: by Andres (new)

Andres ocampo (andresocampo) | 1 comments I didn't know there were Latinos in Wisconsin. i just got that book and good so faer. i guess........