Red Dress Ink Fans discussion

ARCs available for VLAD ALL OVER

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Beth (last edited Sep 10, 2012 07:31PM) (new)

Beth Orsoff (BethOrsoff) | 133 comments Hey gang,

As some of you may know I'm an author (both traditionally published and I self-publish some titles too). My new book titled VLAD ALL OVER is being published by Amazon Publishing and I have a few ARCs (Advanced Reader Copies for those of you who don't know) to giveaway to anyone willing to write a review here on Goodreads and also on Amazon. I call this book "gothic chicklit" because a good portion of the book takes place in Transylvania. But there are no vampires! This is chick lit, not paranormal romance.

Anyway, if any of you have a book blog or just like to write reviews [It doesn't have to be a positive review, just how you honestly felt about the book--I have a policy of never commenting on reviews and after the recent Emily Giffin dustup I reminded my husband that he's not allowed to comment either :)], I'd be happy to send you one. The book isn't going to be published until November 20th, so all I ask is that you post your review by early November. Here's what it's about:

Description:
Gwen Andersen loves being a schoolteacher, but she isn’t exactly raking in the big bucks. With her bank account shrinking by the minute, she needs a well-paying summer job if she’s going to hold onto the childhood home she inherited from her parents. So when the father of one of her students asks her to fill in as his au pair for the summer, she knows she should be thrilled. Alexander Romanescu is loaded, and Gwen adores his daughter Isabella. Plus, they’re planning to spend the vacation at their ancestral estate—in Romania!

And yet Gwen can’t shake the nagging feeling that saying yes to this man could lead to more than she bargained for. She knows so little about him—and the idea of spending six weeks in the land of Dracula and Vlad the Impaler is more than a little creepy. But vampires will be the least of her concerns if she doesn’t make some money…fast. And so Gwen says yes: yes to the job, yes to a European excursion…and yes to a summer that will change her life forever.

If it sounds like something you might like, you can email me at bethorsoff.author@gmail.com with your address and a request for the ARC. Oh, and one other thing--there's a sequel to this one (already written but I don't yet know when it will be released). So in case you're one of those people who will only read a series after all the books are published, then maybe wait on this.

Thanks,
Beth

message 2: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacymarie913) | 5567 comments Mod
Beth - that is awesome! I just sent you an email, I hope you have a copy left for me. I would love to read it! I like the sound of "gothic chicklit," and not being a fan of vampires, this sounds right up my alley! :) Thanks so much for offering this opportunity to us!

message 3: by Beth (new)

Beth Orsoff (BethOrsoff) | 133 comments Got it, Stacy, and emailed you back.

message 4: by Stacy (new)

Thanks Beth! This is awesome!

message 5: by Tara (new)

Tara I would like one Beth!!!!! Is there still more available??

message 6: by Beth (new)

Beth Orsoff (BethOrsoff) | 133 comments Yes, I can send you one from next week's batch. Just send me your mailing address.

message 7: by Tara (new)

Tara Awesome! Thanks Beth!!!! I can't wait to read it :)

message 8: by Nancy (last edited Sep 15, 2012 02:26PM) (new)

Nancy S | 299 comments Beth, I just sent you an email, I hope you have a copy left for me. Thanks so much for the opportunity!
:)

message 9: by Beth (new)

Beth Orsoff (BethOrsoff) | 133 comments Nancy wrote: "Beth, I just sent you an email, I hope you have a copy left for me. Thanks so much for the opportunity!
:)"

Nancy, if you are the Nancy who lives in FL then yes
I got your email and just addressed the envelope to you. Look for the book late next week.

message 10: by Bianca (new)

Bianca (bbollinger) | 761 comments Hi Beth! I just emailed you as well :) am I too late??

message 11: by Beth (new)

Beth Orsoff (BethOrsoff) | 133 comments I don't have any left at the moment Bianca, but I'm trying to get some more. I'll email you back if I do.

message 12: by Tara (new)

Tara I received mine yesterday!!! Thanks Beth! I can't wait to start reading it :)

message 13: by Stacy (new)

I also received mine Beth! Thanks, I plan on starting it as soon as I finish the two that I'm reading now. :)

message 14: by Nancy (last edited Sep 21, 2012 12:10PM) (new)

Nancy S | 299 comments I also received mine. Thanks Beth! I should be done with my book club selection this weekend and I will read yours next! :)

message 15: by Moon (new)

Moon  (chanpreet) | 1951 comments Got mine today! I am really looking forward to reading this!

message 16: by Mary (new)

Mary Havlovic | 1 comments Hi Beth
Just got my copy in the mail. I am looking forward to reading your book.

message 17: by Meredith (new)

Meredith | 58 comments Dear Beth,

If you post or send me your email I can send you my mailing address, but I live in Canada. I would be pleased to post a good reads review for you.

I love chick lit, but alas...I was told by my romance writers of america chapter in ottawa that that time has passed!! (Apparently there is no appetite for it anymore....) So, I am delighted that you have perservered and found someone to publish it!!!! Yeah, good for you!!

Best Regards, Meredith

Beth wrote: "Hey gang,

As some of you may know I'm an author (both traditionally published and I self-publish some titles too). My new book titled VLAD ALL OVER is being published by Amazon Publishing and I h..."

message 18: by Meredith (new)

Meredith | 58 comments P.S.

Once I have finished reading your book, I would happily passed it along to my regular (in person) book group here in Ottawa --through the Public Library system here-- called Monday Nights are Murder. Some of the members are investigating good reads at the moment!

Thanks again, Meredith

Beth wrote: "Hey gang,

As some of you may know I'm an author (both traditionally published and I self-publish some titles too). My new book titled VLAD ALL OVER is being published by Amazon Publishing and I h..."

message 19: by Stacy (new)

Loved it Beth! Can't wait for the next one!!!