Koontzland - Dean Koontz discussion

Favorites & Recommendations > 77 Shadow Street or the 2nd Frankenstein?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Owen | 20 comments Well the title pretty much says it all. After I finish Odd Thomas I either want to go back to the Frankenstein series or check out 77 Shadow Street. Help!

message 2: by Marina (new)

Marina Fontaine (marina_fontaine) | 103 comments I liked the Frankenstein series much more than 77SS. The ONLY reason I would read 77SS first is if you want to read discussions without having the story spoiled to you.

message 3: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Owen | 20 comments Thanks Masha! I really liked the first Frankenstein book so I'm leaning that way. Still undecided though!!

message 4: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 528 comments Definitely Frankenstein.

message 5: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Owen | 20 comments I actually went with Life Expectancy hehe. It seems to be a fan favorite. Figured I'd read the first little bit and it already has hooked me!

message 6: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl (dustpancrazy) | 5990 comments Mod
Life Expectancy is my very favorite!!! You made an excellent choice & I hope you love the book :-)

message 7: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Owen | 20 comments Dustin Crazy little brown owl wrote: "Life Expectancy is my very favorite!!! You made an excellent choice & I hope you love the book :-)"

I am loving Life Expectancy! I'm getting close to finishing actually...I'm a little ways into part IV, page 323 at the moment. It's superb. I am strongly getting the feeling that this is going to be a circular novel, where everything affects everything.

I'm trying to say that Koontz has crafted together a tale that is well thought out and like a roller coaster, it has lots of twists and turns, but the track always brings you back to the start. Just my two cents.

I almost feel safe (that's not quite the right way to say it but oh well) with this novel, knowing that Koontz has our backs so to speak. If we want a good, satisfying story, were in good hands with Koont, especially Life Expectancy.

message 8: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

Glad you like it :-) Are you going to read any of our group reads next Hideaway, Sole Survivor, Tick Tock?

message 9: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Owen | 20 comments Yes I actually put aside Tick Tock so I could read it as a group read with you guys :-)

message 10: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

Tick Tock, October is getting closer :-)