Happily Ever After Book Club discussion

Free or Cheap Kindle Books

Comments (showing 1-50 of 2,566) (2566 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 51 52

message 1: by Kathy (new)

Kathy * Bookworm Nation | 629 comments Mod
I thought this might be a fun place to share Free Kindle books. To start things off the books below are currently free on Amazon, I'm not sure how long the sale will last, but as of today (09/11/12) they are free. If you find any other good ones be sure to share!

The Fallen Star
Charmed By Knight
Talk of the Town
Heartless
What You Wish For
Untraceable
Savage Winter

I haven't read these yet, but it's my understanding they are clean.

message 2: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 166 comments Mod
Great Tip, Kath! You are so awesome.

I will say as of the end of today, I was able to get all the books free except What You Wish For.

I think this will be some great books to start with!

message 3: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 350 comments The McCall Trilogy by Marcia Lynn McClure is free right now.

message 4: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 350 comments A few more free ones today:
I haven't read all but one of these yet, but they looked like they will be clean...

Faith (Brides of the West #1) by Lori Copeland
From a Distance (Timber Ridge Reflections, Book #1) by: Tamera Alexander
Widow of Larkspur Inn, The (Gresham Chronicles) by Lawana Blackwell
Camille (Camille #1) by: Tess Oliver
Gentleman of Her Dreams (A Ladies of Distinction novella) by: Jen Turano
Bah, Humbug! (A Romantic Comedy Christmas Novella) by:
Heather Horrocks
Jane Eyre by: Charlotte Brontë

message 5: by Katie (new)

Katie W | 187 comments Mod
An Unlikely Alliance by Rachel Van Dyken is also free. I haven't read it yet, but have heard it's clean.

message 6: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 183 comments Mod
You guys are the best! I just got like 10 free new books:) THANKS LADIES!

message 7: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Wow, thanks! I managed to get most of these for free! Unfortunately not The McCall Trilogy by Marcia Lynn McClure though, which was the one I wanted lol

message 8: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 183 comments Mod
Just recieved another notice of a free book...on sale just for today. I've never read it, but it sounds cute.

The Boyfriend Bylaws

by Susan Hatler

message 9: by Kathy Jo (new)

Kathy Jo (kjincali78) | 169 comments Mod
I've been browsing the free books and came across this one. I haven't read it yet but it sounds good. :o)

Promise me

message 10: by Deborah (new)

Thanks Heidi and Kathy Jo! I just picked those up!!

message 11: by trachelle (new)

trachelle | 9 comments thanks for the heads up kathy jo and heidi!

message 12: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 11 comments Sweet! Now I have a lot of fun books to try while I'm waiting for a hold to come in at the library!

message 13: by Kathy (last edited Sep 17, 2012 05:41PM) (new)

Here are a couple more:

Stuck in the Middle
Fools Rush In

message 14: by Chrissy (new)

Chrissy | 129 comments I am going to have to get a kindle! :) These sound so fun. I was going to ask for one for Christmas but I may just have to get one sooner. A lot sooner. These sound so fun!

message 15: by Deborah (new)

Even more free ones! I love coming into our group and seeing new free books I need to download.

Chrissy, I will tell you now a Kindle will be your new best friend! Make it your "early" Christmas in September gift.

message 16: by Kathy (new)

Chrissy, I agree with Deb, you have to get a Kindle! They are so much fun and there are tons of good deals!

message 17: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 350 comments Here are a few more free ones, I hope are clean:

Daughter of Joy (Brides of Culdee Creek, Book 1) by Kathleen Morgan
The Wedding Gift (Four Weddings and a Fiasco #1) by Lucy Kevin
When Calls the Heart (Canadian West Book #1) by Janette Oke
Stars Collide (Backstage Pass #1) by Janice Thompson
Texas Whirlwind by Bonnie Blythe
Jenna's Cowboy: A Novel (The Callahans of Texas) by Sharon Gillenwater
Love's Rescue by: Tammy Barley

message 18: by Chantele (new)

Chantele Sedgwick | 19 comments You guys are filling up my Kindle fast! Thank you! Can't wait to read these! :)

message 19: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 350 comments I have no idea when I am going to get to all of these, but they are good to have on hand. :o)

message 21: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Waters | 68 comments Deborah wrote: "Even more free ones! I love coming into our group and seeing new free books I need to download.

Chrissy, I will tell you now a Kindle will be your new best friend! Make it your "early" Christma..."

Deb- do you check Amazon? They have a list of the top 100 books free. I check it EVERY DAY :) I have SOOO many books on my kindle I had to save them to the cloud because it was slowing it down :)

message 22: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Waters | 68 comments Have any of you read Unenchanted or the Fallen star? Both also free and really good!

message 23: by Heidi (last edited Sep 17, 2012 07:50PM) (new)

Heidi | 183 comments Mod
Did all of you already download Making Waves by Lorna Seilstad? My mom read it and she said it was really cute. It's free right now too!:) Thanks for all the others btw! AWESOME!

Crystal (Books Are Sanity!!!) | 9 comments Thanks everyone!

message 25: by Kathy (last edited Sep 18, 2012 04:07PM) (new)

message 26: by Tausha (new)

Tausha | 10 comments Thanks everyone these are great. I have a nook (which I love but often wonder if I should have splurged for the kindle instead) so all of these books are not available to me but enough of them are that I will have plenty to read for months to come. Love it!!!

message 27: by Katie (new)

I did read a review about The Last Bride of Ballymuir that said the writing was too graphic for her taste but she skipped those parts. Just a heads up....

message 28: by Kathy (new)

Katie, that's too bad, thanks for the heads up. I usually try and screen the books first, but I didn't have time this morning...

message 29: by Teryn (new)

Teryn | 120 comments Wonderful! I am on long waiting lists at the library. This will help. Thanks!!

message 30: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 183 comments Mod
Tausha wrote: "Thanks everyone these are great. I have a nook (which I love but often wonder if I should have splurged for the kindle instead) so all of these books are not available to me but enough of them are..."

TAUSH you can download the kindle ap for free off amazon onto your nook can't you???

message 31: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 183 comments Mod
Heidi wrote: "Tausha wrote: "Thanks everyone these are great. I have a nook (which I love but often wonder if I should have splurged for the kindle instead) so all of these books are not available to me but eno..."

That's what I did with my ipod.

message 32: by Tausha (new)

Tausha | 10 comments I have tried several times, but the technology seems to be smarter than me. Ha! I am goin to go in to b&n and see if they can help me I just haven't had time yet.

message 33: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 350 comments Merry's Christmas: a love story Rohrer, Susan
The Wedding Wager By: Regina Duke

A couple more "hopeful" clean reads

message 34: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 183 comments Mod
Taush-Mine was pretty simple to do so maybe the nook doesn't give that option...hmmm if you don't get a chance to take it to b&n bring it home next time you come and I'll give it a try.....but i highly doubt i can do it if you haven't been able to.

Kristen-thnks for the new books as well!

message 35: by Kathy (new)

Here are a few more, I found these on a Christianmbook group, so I know they are clean, but I don't know the level of "preaching"... Some looked pretty good though...

Design on a Crime
Priced to Move
Heart of Gold
A Dream Unfolding
A Hearth in Candlewood
Deadly Aim
To Love Anew
Hide In Plain Sight
A Very Special Delivery
Invisible

message 36: by Kathy (new)

I'm not 100% sure if these are clean or not...

Match Me
The Last Honest Seamstress
Springtime of the Spirit
Seems Like Old Times

message 37: by Kathy (new)

message 38: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 350 comments Winter Chill (Seasons of the Heart) by Susette Williams - Christian read, so should be clean

message 39: by Kathy Jo (new)

Haven't read any of these but the sounded good... from what I could tell by the reviews I read they are clean... crossing my fingers that they are! :o)

Georgiana Darcy's Diary: Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice Continued
Hired by the Cowboy
Rae of Hope
Flame Moon
More
Ruby Blue

message 40: by Katie (new)

Shackles of Honor by Marcia Lynn McClure is FREE on kindle right now!

message 41: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 350 comments Wahoo! Thanks Katie!

message 42: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 350 comments Surrender the Wind by Rita Gerlach

message 43: by Chantele (new)

Chantele Sedgwick | 19 comments Sweet Venom Not sure if you guys like Young Adult or not, but I thought I'd mention it anyway. :)

message 44: by Teryn (new)

Teryn | 120 comments Love YA, thanks!

message 45: by Kathy Jo (new)

YAY! Thanks Katie! I just downloaded Shackles RIGHT NOW!! Hehe. And I grabbed the other ones too! :o)

message 46: by Deborah (new)

Shackles of Honor is seriously my FAV McClure book! Everyone READ it!!!

message 47: by Kathy (new)

Hmm, is it weird that I already own Shackles, but downloaded the free version anyway? I didn't have the new cover, which I think is so pretty!

message 48: by Chrissy (new)

Chrissy | 129 comments I just ordered my Kindle Fire today! I talked the hubby into an early Christmas with all these free books around. I am SO EXCITED!! I just got Shackles of Honor in paperback yesterday but I would download it too if it is still free when I get my kindle. And I think the cover is pretty too.

message 49: by Kathy (new)

Yay! I'm so excited for you Chrissy! My Kindle is my BFF!

message 50: by Teryn (new)

Teryn | 120 comments Chrissy, you can still get it free. It will just stay on your amazon account and then when your kindle comes you send it to your kindle. I had a kindle book on my account for about a year before I had a kindle.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 51 52